Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2012, 09:19 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,216,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangin' Chad View Post
Zimmerman is Catholic....not Jewish......but please don't let facts get in the way...we just want a conviction, right? And I'm sure you have no problems with "black pride".....or BET, or the Congressional Black Caucus, or 100 Black Men, etc........
I already posted about this oversight on my part. See # 1517. Let's not beat this dead horse, mmkay?

Zimmerman has Hispanic origins. It's very interesting that "white pride" folks defend him. Must leave a nasty taste in their mouths.

BTW, I have no problem with BET..nor with MTV.
I have no problem with CBC..nor any other minority/ethnic-specific organization.
Never heard of 100 black men, so......
If "black pride" is equivalent to what "white pride" is all about...I have a problem with it. Can't stop anyone from feeling however they want, so I just recognize these folks as the mentally deficient folks that they are and keep it moving.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:19 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,585,654 times
People support Zimmerman because he is innocent He is being falsely accused of murder when he was just defending himself against that wanna be thug Trayvon.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:20 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,375,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
In any event, I only meant that most "white pride" folks don't like minorities or Jewish people, so their support of Zimmerman is interesting to me.
I'm going to guess that you and old Savoir Faire mean the "white power" folks. Being proud of being white, and not being ashamed of being white like some liberals think you should be, doesn't make you a racist.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
People support Zimmerman because he is innocent He is being falsely accused of murder when he was just defending himself against that wanna be thug Trayvon.
I didn't realize an eye witness who saw the confrontation from beginning to end had come forward. Thanks for your insight.

BTW, the only thug in this case is Zimmerman.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I'm going to guess that you and old Savoir Faire mean the "white power" folks. Being proud of being white, and not being ashamed of being white like some liberals think you should be, doesn't make you a racist.
No need to correct me. My comment stands, as is.

I'm black and I'm proud to be black...I wouldn't walk around saying I have "black pride". Not sure why there's a need to qualify being white with being proud. Does being white normally invoke a sense of shame and, as a result, you have to qualify your being white with being proud?

Sounds dumb and pointless to me, but whatever floats your boat.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 PM

Funny that you say this:
Quote:
I didn't realize an eye witness who saw the confrontation from beginning to end had come forward. Thanks for your insight.
and then turn around and say this without even a hint of irony:
Quote:
BTW, the only thug in this case is Zimmerman.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:28 PM

613 posts, read 761,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Being proud of being born with light skin is completely stupid, but it is true that being proud of lightly colored skin does not make you a racist, it is just that all racists are proud of their lightly colored skin. HA! HA!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,973,137 times
Quote:
Zimmerman has Hispanic origins. It's very interesting that "white pride" folks defend him. Must leave a nasty taste in their mouths.
I know what you mean, but let me tell you a story. Several years ago, I was sitting in a nice restaurant in Sarasota and 2 men were talking quite loudly about the "N's" (you can fill in the rest) who are all on Welfare, subhuman, crack whores, and using just about every hateful word & image I can imagine. Anyway, they noticed after a while I was dining alone and asked me to join them. "Let us buy you dinner, Sweetheart." I answered, "You wouldn't want me to join you for dinner. I know I don't look it, but I'm Jewish, so your KKK buddies wouldn't approve." They looked shocked. "KKK? What are you talking about?" I told them what I overheard and they said, "But darlin', we were talking about N's not Jews. Jews are alright." Then I added, "But I forgot to mention that my Daddy is Black. Sometimes we just turn out this way."

So don't kid yourself. There are bigots who target specific groups and are surprised and even hurt when labeled as hate groups. I don't understand it, although I am prejudiced against one particular race of people, the ones who are so bigoted and ignorant, they don't even know it.

“What a sad era when it is easier to smash an atom than a prejudice.” Albert Einstein

Old 04-10-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
No need to correct me. My comment stands, as is.

I'm black and I'm proud to be black...I wouldn't walk around saying I have "black pride". Not sure why there's a need to qualify being white with being proud. Does being white normally invoke a sense of shame and, as a result, you have to qualify your being white with being proud?

Sounds dumb and pointless to me, but whatever floats your boat.
So there's nothing to proud of if you're white, you should only associate guilt and shame with it?

Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,973,668 times
Yes, these murders were horrific. The MSM has picked up this case when it refused to do so in the Channon and Christopher murders in the Knoxville area, which were going on as I recall during the Casey Anthony debaucle here in Orlando. This case has turned into a media circus as a result of the parents of Trayvon Martin reaching out past the Sanford Police Department which was bungling, stalling, scrubbing--whatever you want to call it--this investigation. But don't hate the parents or the dead child because of the actions of the Black Panthers, or Jackson or Sharpton. For the Black Panthers to place a bounty on Zimmerman's head, and for Spike Lee to attempt to tweet Zimmerman's address is ridiculous.

The parents have gone on the record that they just want the justice system to work, even if it exonerates Zimmerman. They believe the evidence shows the opposite of what you think, and believe his arrest is in order. We really don't know completely what the evidence shows. Put the blame and your anger where it belongs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangin' Chad View Post
How come he missed out on the Channon and Christopher candlelight vigils...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies