Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2012, 04:42 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I assume they're making that statement from reading posts on City-Data, where the right wingers claim even the most BLATANT racism is merely "being oversensitive," "PC nonsense," "playing the race card," etc. If you haven't seen a zillion examples of this, you obviously haven't read any race-related threads on here! I could try to pull up some examples, if the search engine on C-D wasn't so difficult.
Sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 04:46 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, i wouldn't do that if i were you either. Hell, if i was white, i probably wouldn't be caught dead in an all black bar. As it is, i would NEVER go into an all white bar either. Well, i take that back....it depends on where it is. In Detroit...no way....too dangerous. But out here in Arizona, i'd have less trepidation although i wouldn't be comfortable.
All white bars tend to be redneck and hillbilly places. Not my kind of crowd or music.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:46 PM

1,299 posts, read 1,278,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorblade View Post
And browsers and forums have implemented spell a check feature for drunk people.
you figured me out.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Yea, and white kids didn't do the same thing recently....like in 2011. Sharpton and Jackson didn't even bother with this one (which disproves the notion that they show up constantly at the scene of these things):

NEWS: WHITE TEENS KILL BLACK MAN IN MISSISSIPPI + CNN VIDEO | CONCRETELOOP.COM
The persons were arrested and prosecuted in that case so there was no need for Rev Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to show up there.
Life sentence in Mississippi hate-crime case - CNN

Old 04-08-2012, 04:52 PM

2,076 posts, read 3,663,354 times
Quote:

So in essence, i usually just avoid bars altogether unless it has familiar clientele.
I just avoid bars, I'm kinda old and not looking to meet any new people. If I want to drink, I can do cheaper and more comfortable at my house. I work security at a strip club and get my fill of stupid drunk people.

Let the kids their place to game on the women and puff their chests

Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Looks like you're following Derbyshire rule number #10d

http://takimag.com/article/the_talk_...#ixzz1rUUkuV9S
lol man what's your problem? This is like your one issue in life?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 PM

210 posts, read 251,310 times
Not surprised. I'm not a fan of Kentucky in the least bit.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterExtraordinaire View Post
What do you know better about? Funny thing is that I hear from black women all the time how white men never approach them. Is this the reason? You're afraid of the reaction of black men?
In an all black club with a young crowd? Yep. I would be scared of the reaction of black men. And I am sure they would be the same if they were in a redneck hillbilly bar and wanting to dance with the white women in there. We know better.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
In an all black club with a young crowd? Yep. I would be scared of the reaction of black men. And I am sure they would be the same if they were in a redneck hillbilly bar and wanting to dance with the white women in there. We know better.
I understand it but don't. I know there is bs and you'll find it there but when I was young and zeroed in on a woman, there'd be hell to pay if you put yourself between us. And yea, that includes everything from your redneck dive, to your black club, to the TJ strip.

Most people are full of talk, don't let them discourage you from having a good time.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Cmon, you know you love Kentucky!

I lived out there for 18 years of life in the more Southern areas of the state (far-western) and I rarely encountered any blatant discrimination or outright prejudice based on my race...
Kentucky is a southern state. That means in general I don't like it and that it is most likely racist. But it did win the NCAA title last week. Not that the state, the other KU, it was playing is much if any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies