Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has Obama hurt or helped race relations in the US?
Better ~ there is significantly more harmonious race relations 6 3.53%
No change 29 17.06%
Worse ~ Racial tensions have increased since Obama 127 74.71%
Other/None of the above 8 4.71%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
UggaBugga is a classic example of dog whistle race baiting.
who did i 'race-bait,' and where?

Quote:
I bet he is a huge Chicken Hawk to boot.
you bet, huh? you sound like a truly brilliant person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2012, 10:26 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
really?

because right here is a poster being called 'racist' simply for using the president's middle name
And Im correct no other reason to use it.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:27 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Well it looks as if the orgininal question has brought the RWNJs out in full force. Never miss a chance to whine and of-course post your usual rhetoric and propaganda. I almost feel sorry for them, almost.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Republicans love to use this racist tactic, and then pretend they are just innocently using the President's full name.

Interested in how we know that this is a bogus claim and that the real motivation is racism?

Just think back to how many times you took delight in calling Clinton "William Jefferson Clinton", or Carter "James Earl Carter". It didn't happen, because there was no mileage to be gained in using a typically white middle name to refer to those two white presidents.
He knows that just using the tactic of deny deny deny. Maybe if they use stop stop stop things might get better.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
You don't want to accept my answers. Its a racist tactic. It was never done to any of the white presidents, but you are doing it to a black president. Its racist. you don't want to accept that.
you claim it's 'racist' but can't even being to explain why? do i have that right?

since you keep neglecting to respond when i ask why you are unable to answer any of the questions i posed previously, i'll anwer for you:

if you actually had to answer them, it would blow a gigantic gaping hole in your entire 'racism' premise.

that is why you will continue to ignore them

Old 04-11-2012, 10:33 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you claim it's 'racist' but can't even being to explain why? do i have that right?

since you keep neglecting to respond when i ask why you are unable to answer any of the questions i posed previously, i'll anwer for you:

if you actually had to answer them, it would blow a gigantic gaping hole in your entire 'racism' premise.

that is why you will continue to ignore them
There is no hole in my arguement. I responded, you didn't like my answer, so you continue to say I haven't responded to the question. You won't except any answer other than for me to say its not racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Which exists only in your paranoid mind. Basically, you think anyone who doesn't agree with Barack H. Obama is a "racist". Its kind of an infantilizing sentiment, really.
Dont try to stop now. Use his full name like before. I meant to type are not ashamed of being racist. You can try and deny deny deny all you like. Until you stop stop stop it is seen for what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
And Im correct no other reason to use it.
serious questions:

1] if GWB's middle name had actually been Enos, Cletus, or BillyBob, do you honestly think his political opponents would haven't mentioned that now and then?

2] would that have been considered 'racist'?

i await your response with bated breath.

if you feel like cheating, you can click below.

Spoiler
1] of course they would have, at every opportunity. far more often than the right mentions the name 'hussein.'

2] of course not.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Being called a racist has never been meaningless, and people to this day hate being called a racist.
Being called racist is a badge of honor in the right/tea party world.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
There is no hole in my arguement. I responded, you didn't like my answer, so you continue to say I haven't responded to the question. You won't except any answer other than for me to say its not racist.
you responded, yeah, but you ignored the questions.
in case you've forgotten:

Quote:
did it ever occur to you that the middle names of those presidents was too boring to make note of?
Quote:
but for the sake of argument: how is implying that obama is muslim or not American 'racist'?
here's another: why was it ok to use BHO's full name at his swearing-in ceremony, but forbidden otherwise?

was justice roberts being 'racist' when he dared to use the h-word?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies