Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 03:00 PM

96 posts, read 81,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah because we all know that teenagers who act up in high school NEVER EVER NEVER become upstanding citizens as adults. While you're looking into the futuristic alternate dimension can you also tell me the winning lotto numbers?
Correct, most don't and you know it. Don't need a lottery win or a crystal ball to figure that one out.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:02 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukiddin View Post
Correct, most don't and you know it. Don't need a lottery win or a crystal ball to figure that one out.
Most is not the same as all; many people DO become productive and law abiding adults.
You have no idea what Trayvon would have become or achieved as an adult. Your negative preconceived notions about him are not facts.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Most is not the same as all; many people DO become productive and law abiding adults.
You have no idea what Trayvon would have become or achieved as an adult. Your negative preconceived notions about him are not facts.
I never said all, YOU did. You also don't know, but there was a lot of writing on the wall. I'm tired of people pointing the finger at others when he was truly no angel by any means. He is not this innocent lil 12 yr. old boy. If people can point the finger at GZ, than the same is true with TM.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:17 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
It's very possible that if TM had eleven more years to become a twenty eight year old adult (ZM's age) he would not have assaulting an officer and throwing a woman across a room on his record. It might be irrelevant, but one has to wonder why GZ and his brother have not spoken for years.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:19 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
I never said all, YOU did. You also don't know, but there was a lot of writing on the wall. I'm tired of people pointing the finger at others when he was truly no angel by any means. He is not this innocent lil 12 yr. old boy. If people can point the finger at GZ, than the same is true with TM.
No actually what I said is that we know teenagers who misbehave never amount to anything to which you agreed...guess maybe you missed the sarcasm.

Either way while I never agreed with the media portrayl of Martin, I think its disgusting that anyone would even try to use his behavior (none of which was violent) to justify him being shot. "Oh yeah he was probably going to rob a gas station one day so its okay to kill him"...its horrid.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It's very possible that if TM had eleven more years to become a twenty eight year old adult (ZM's age) he would not have assaulting an officer and throwing a woman across a room on his record. It might be irrelevant, but one has to wonder why GZ and his brother have not spoken for years.
Right, probably because he would have been sitting in jail for burglary or drugs. Who knows, not me or you, but that was the road he was heading.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
After several thousand posts about this tragedy, one thing I find interesting is the same people who think the Sanford police completely screwed up this investigation have complete faith in the handling of Zimmerman's prior arrest, that resulted in no conviction.

Also, that Trayvon having a baggie with marijuana and a screwdriver with women's jewelry is just "kids being kids" but Zimmerman being arrested (but not convicted) of pushing someone while intoxicated when he was 20 or 21 makes him a violent, alcoholic felon.

I think they both made mistakes that night, and unfortunately, it led to a death. I feel bad for both families. The Martin's for losing their child, and the Zimmermans for the unfair way the media and some groups have handled this.
There is no debate as to whether or not Zimmerman assaulted an officer. The puzzling part is that charges were dropped. That would not go over in most cities. Obviously the Sanford PD did screw up or the police chief would not have stepped down after a "no confidence vote" and now an arrest was found to be warranted after a thorough investigation by the FBI.

Zimmerman was not intoxicated, the woman he threw across the roomn was, so I think that you are confused.

A seventeen year old walking home from a convenience store and becoming defensive about being followed/stalked by an unidentified stranger, cannot be accused of making a mistake that is worthy of his heart being stopped.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
No actually what I said is that we know teenagers who misbehave never amount to anything to which you agreed...guess maybe you missed the sarcasm.

Either way while I never agreed with the media portrayl of Martin, I think its disgusting that anyone would even try to use his behavior (none of which was violent) to justify him being shot. "Oh yeah he was probably going to rob a gas station one day so its okay to kill him"...its horrid.
Wow, ever try writing a book? You seem to put many words in where there aren't any being said. Who said it was justified? Talk about negativity...

Old 04-14-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Right, probably because he would have been sitting in jail for burglary or drugs. Who knows, not me or you, but that was the road he was heading.
Says you. So easy to judge a juvenille because we were all angels and cherubs at that age.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:04 PM

409 posts, read 254,608 times
This is the what the liberal media wants you to see:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies