Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 02:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I grew up in Elizabeth, NJ....not the friendliest of towns for a mixed kid, raised by whites and later blacks who obviously looks mixed to grow up in. You spend your youth getting chased around by hoodlums calling you "half breed" and see what your opinions of urban blacks will be.

But no, they are not all like that. In the West Coast they tend to be more civilized. I know some blacks here who are good people...but still, black American women are just not attractive to me.
Ehh..Bout time for your 15 minutes to be up.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:05 AM

219 posts, read 923,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Alright, how about this: how about YOU stop trying to talk about Black people and Black culture as if you know it or have any say in it. Because you know what? You decided you were not Black anymore, so who are you to decide what is going on in the minds of "the Blacks" (as you describe). Don't you realize how silly you sound? You sound just like all other seperatists when you say, "the Blacks."

Second of all ... what a dumb question you ask. If discrimination ceased to exist against Black people we would love that! And the last thing on our mind would be thinking about whether "Black culture could last." In fact, Black culture would be stronger.

You disgust me.
I second your post! It's amazing how some of the bi-racial individuals who have this dilemma, want to have to it both ways. One minute they "aren't black", the next they know everything about black people and black culture. But this is nothing new, it's a pattern that our community (black Americans) have noted for decades (even centuries). Some mixed race people, want to somehow elevate themselves above people who are "more black" by the denouncing their blackness, only to be slapped down when members from their "other side" denounces them for being "half black".

lol You even see it with some black folk who routinely brag about their Native American ancestry, but ooops then **** like this ends of happening:

Quote:
Cherokee Nation Kicks Out Nearly 3,000 Black Members

The Cherokee Nation kicked out nearly 3,000 members Monday. They’re the Freedmen, descendants of black slaves once owned by Cherokee Tribal members. The tribe’s supreme court has upheld a Constitutional amendment requiring all the Nation’s citizens to have at least one Indian ancestor on the federally-authorized Dawes Rolls.
Monday’s ruling brings an immediate end to the citizenship of around 2,800 descendants of former slaves once owned by the Cherokees.
By the way I had a recent full blooded Native ancestor, as many many black Americans have, but what in the Hell did that change for us? I have a real problem with the OP in general because, his/her stories of being "tortured" by black people as a child for being mixed is totally out of whack with black culture, BECAUSE WE ARE ALL F***ING MIXED AND WE KNOW IT!!! That is why two brown skinned people will have a litter of kids with one being very light skinned (DNA confirmation btw), like in my family. Maybe you were picked on because of your personality. Maybe you were picked on because you were one of the rare one's who was accepted by your "other side" and thus felt less attached to the black community and reflected this attitude of "I'm better than you" towards other black people. Please don't put on a front!

Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
I second your post! It's amazing how some of the bi-racial individuals who have this dilemma, want to have to it both ways. One minute they "aren't black", the next they know everything about black people and black culture. But this is nothing new, it's a pattern that our community (black Americans) have noted for decades (even centuries). Some mixed race people, want to somehow elevate themselves above people who are "more black" by the denouncing their blackness, only to be slapped down when members from their "other side" denounces them for being "half black".

So, we mixed people understand that we are apart and yet separate from blacks and whites (which we are) and that's a problem...blacks make it clear that we are less then them, and that's okay? Meanwhile, if our white family members have a problem with us (as many of us had, including mine) then that's RACIST, AWFUL etc, and RIGHTFULLY SO...but our black family members and the black community treats us badly, and it's just a "misunderstanding" and "we brought it on ourselves" blah blah blah...

Quote:
By the way I had a recent full blooded Native ancestor, as many many black Americans have, but what in the Hell did that change for us? I have a real problem with the OP in general because, his/her stories of being "tortured" by black people as a child for being mixed is totally out of whack with black culture, BECAUSE WE ARE ALL F***ING MIXED AND WE KNOW IT!!!
No, not true:

"Earlier, cruder studies, done before direct genetic testing was feasible, suggested that African-Americans were 25 or even 30 percent white. Shriver's project is not complete, but with data from 25 sites already in, he is coming up with 17-18 percent white ancestry among African-Americans. That's the equivalent of 106 of those 128 of your ancestors from seven generations ago having been Africans and 22 Europeans."
http://www.isteve.com/2002_how_white_are_blacks.htm

So, my AT LEAST 50% European puts me at the lower end of any bell curve...only about 8% of blacks have as much European DNA as I have, and that is only the 50% I KNOW I have.

Quote:
That is why two brown skinned people will have a litter of kids with one being very light skinned (DNA confirmation btw), like in my family. Maybe you were picked on because of your personality. Maybe you were picked on because you were one of the rare one's who was accepted by your "other side" and thus felt less attached to the black community and reflected this attitude of "I'm better than you" towards other black people. Please don't put on a front!
I was picked on because, unlike your black family, my mother was white with brown hair and kids saw her and laughed at me...unlike you, I am not black in appearance BEYOND SKIN COLOR! That is what so many forget: it's not just skin pigment. Have YOU ever had to deal with infamous mixed kid hair?

Imagine growing up around blacks while having the statue of the average southern Italian... a WHOPPING 5'3. I don't look black, I look Dominican, and was called "spick" by blacks who didn't know me and called a "stuck up half cracker" and "mutt" by blacks, and even in adulthood many of them have a problem with my being alive.

How does this guy look black? Honestly:

Vin Diesel on The Jonathan Ross Show BBC - Hungarian subtitle - YouTube

And I'm just slightly darker then him...with more obviously Italian features.
And again, some people in my white family also don't like me. In the end, we mixed don't have YOUR PEOPLE or white people or anybody who we can really relate to...no one that is, but other mixed people.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:40 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,982,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Ehh..Bout time for your 15 minutes to be up.

I hate to break it to you but...we're not going anywhere:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us/25race.html?_r=1

Oh, and again, for about the fifth time, it would be nice to hear an Afro-Aryan pure-black-superman actually show some outrage to this:

Kanye believe it?! Mixed-race girls branded 'mutts' / Music News // Drowned In Sound

So if you have a mulatto daughter, that is the attitude she'll have to deal with (along with hatred from the black community) But hey, at least it will up your chances of her meeting a dark skinned Afro-Aryan and giving you grand kids who are closer to the tall, dark and perfect image of African manhood/womanhood huh?

Oh, my brother has a white wife, and his kids look slightly creamy colored with pretty curly hair. My sister got pregnant by an Afro-Aryan and has a very dark daughter...guess which ones my black father and black family seems to like more.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:36 AM

835 posts, read 1,041,250 times
Quote:
I grew up in Elizabeth, NJ....not the friendliest of towns for a mixed kid, raised by whites and later blacks who obviously looks mixed to grow up in. You spend your youth getting chased around by hoodlums calling you "half breed" and see what your opinions of urban blacks will be.

But no, they are not all like that. In the West Coast they tend to be more civilized. I know some blacks here who are good people...but still, black American women are just not attractive to me.
Okay, now I know you are pushing the envelope. I live and grew up in Newark and visit family in Elizabeth all the time. I'm mixed and nobody has ever cared. They don't single me out or disown me. I was never chased by hoodlums calling me a "half breed". I don't know where you got the idea that Elizabeth is not friendly for mixed people.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unbreakable View Post
YES YOU DID! When pictures of various West Africans ethnic groups was presented you stated they had their features because those ethnic groups have known admixture. I refuted your claim! It's obvious that you know little to nothing about Africa and Africans other than what you see on television (Africans in their most dire states).

Well since this thread has turned into one which revolves around the indigenous phenotypic diversity of black Africans, I will link you and others to this wonderful picture thread on a biodiversity forum called "faces of Nigeria" showing random Nigerians in Nigeria in a light that they are NEVER shown in on Western media outlets, which is a HIGHLY modernized and happy lifestyle. You will note the various skin tones and facial features of these indigenous ethnic groups in Nigeria as the thread title states.
Calipoppy linked up a video of lightskins Africans all if not most were mixed. Dahomey broke down the ancestry of several in the video. What are you talking about?

There are no indeinous Bantu lightskinned tribes in sub-Saharan tribes in Africa. Folks go on about the Khoisan but they aren't Bantu.

Quote:
Khoisan (also spelled Khoesaan, Khoesan or Khoe–San) is a unifying name for two ethnic groups of Southern Africa, who share physical and putative linguistic characteristics distinct from the Bantu majority of the region.[

People go on about the Igbo but the are renowned traders in Africa and have been dealing with Europeans for century the lightskinned ones have European ancestry. For some reason African-Americans think they are the only ones who can be mixed.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:35 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Okay, now I know you are pushing the envelope. I live and grew up in Newark and visit family in Elizabeth all the time. I'm mixed and nobody has ever cared. They don't single me out or disown me. I was never chased by hoodlums calling me a "half breed". I don't know where you got the idea that Elizabeth is not friendly for mixed people.
He seems to be really reaching. Last time I've checked Elizabeth is majority Hispanic since the early 1990's.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:01 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
So, we mixed people understand that we are apart and yet separate from blacks and whites (which we are) and that's a problem...blacks make it clear that we are less then them, and that's okay? Meanwhile, if our white family members have a problem with us (as many of us had, including mine) then that's RACIST, AWFUL etc, and RIGHTFULLY SO...but our black family members and the black community treats us badly, and it's just a "misunderstanding" and "we brought it on ourselves" blah blah blah...

No, not true:

"Earlier, cruder studies, done before direct genetic testing was feasible, suggested that African-Americans were 25 or even 30 percent white. Shriver's project is not complete, but with data from 25 sites already in, he is coming up with 17-18 percent white ancestry among African-Americans. That's the equivalent of 106 of those 128 of your ancestors from seven generations ago having been Africans and 22 Europeans."
Race Now: #2: How White Are Blacks? How Black Are Whites? by Steve Sailer for UPI; Mark. D. Shriver, admixture, genetic, gene, race, miscegenation, African-American, passing, Sally Hemmings

So, my AT LEAST 50% European puts me at the lower end of any bell curve...only about 8% of blacks have as much European DNA as I have, and that is only the 50% I KNOW I have.

I was picked on because, unlike your black family, my mother was white with brown hair and kids saw her and laughed at me...unlike you, I am not black in appearance BEYOND SKIN COLOR! That is what so many forget: it's not just skin pigment. Have YOU ever had to deal with infamous mixed kid hair?

Imagine growing up around blacks while having the statue of the average southern Italian... a WHOPPING 5'3. I don't look black, I look Dominican, and was called "spick" by blacks who didn't know me and called a "stuck up half cracker" and "mutt" by blacks, and even in adulthood many of them have a problem with my being alive.

How does this guy look black? Honestly:

Vin Diesel on The Jonathan Ross Show BBC - Hungarian subtitle - YouTube

And I'm just slightly darker then him...with more obviously Italian features.
And again, some people in my white family also don't like me. In the end, we mixed don't have YOUR PEOPLE or white people or anybody who we can really relate to...no one that is, but other mixed people.

I cannot profess that I can relate but, I think that I understand where you are coming from. Being "so-called black" is more then just a physical appearance. This comes from the way that you carry yourself and that does not mean like a thug either. If you sound "different" (talking without any of the local slang), dress differently, have differnet interest other then what others have more than likely you will not be accepted by the uneducated blacks. Whites on the other hand may not accept you just because you do not look like them. My only suggestion that I can give you is to relocate to an environment more racially diverse and accepting of you both physically and whatever other interest that you may have.

I'm speaking from experiance, when I was young I was a military brat and therefore traveled with my parents and at times was the only black kid in my class, which was no probelm. When my father retired we went back to my parents place of birth, where I was "indoctrinated" into the black culture. To them I talked like a "whiteboy" and had different interest (I like to read). It took time of establishing the fact just because I was different I was not to be messed with and was eventually accepted by my peers. But I do understand that you are physically different and not particuliarly intimidating I would suggest since you are an adult your best bet is to move to an evironment more suited towards your taste.

I wish you the best of luck

Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,this post suggests to me you are militant.
would you tell your son the same thing?

I'm sorry,but I can't see how a black baby can come from a white woman.
It seems impossible. Because it is impossible.

Black+white=mixed.

Why is that a hard concept to grasp?

As I said,it sreally hard for me to wrap my head around black men who marry white women,yet are militant and so pro black.

Actually there have been some cases where a mixed race couple have given birth to all white and all black children and even a case where they had one of each
[SIZE=3]Black and White Twin Sisters[/SIZE]

Is'nt geneics wonderful

Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I never degraded women...just said that, for the most part, black American women aren't for me. I like mixed girls, white girls, African and Caribbean girls (especially from Angola, women from Angola are beautiful) and Asian girls and Latino girls...but black American women just rub me the wrong way.

If I said I didn't like Asian girls, would that make me racist against Asians?

Oh, and I never did nor will I ever refer to black women as "hoes". Don Imus does it, and it's a scandal...Ludacris does it, and it's a gold record
Rather you realize it or not what you said could be considered to be offensive to black American women. You do realize that all black women do not act or look the same? I think it would have been better to say that you did not like the ones that you have met so far. If you would get away from the environment that you are in you would be surprised at the variety of women that are here in this country outside of the ones that you mentioned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies