Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:19 AM

29,223 posts, read 22,430,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
America will be in deep sh*t if this guy gets another four years.
Well, get ready for another 4 years. Obama won fair and square, and will win again come November.

The fact is, nobody, not even Mitt, knows from one minute to the next what Mitt will or won't do. Conservatives were the first to brand him a flip-flopper, and he scares conservatives just as much as liberals.
After 8 years of suffering under a frat boy whose only agenda was to line his pal's pockets, do you think anyone is happy with the thought of more of the same?

Libs are not scared. We are mighty happy, and are planning to kick some more butts once again. We're rested and ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 12:30 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,583,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way you can understand them.

This quote came from the Czech Republic . Someone over there has it figured out.

The fools have been driven to be convinced we are a democracy even proclaiming we are a "Democratic Republic" which might sound great to the ignorant but East Germany and North Korea both claim, claimed in the case of East Germany, to be "Democratic Republics". I don't know about you but I want nothing to do with that style of government.

This response is attributed to BENJAMIN FRANKLIN—at the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation—in the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention.

McHenry’s notes were first published in The American Historical Review, vol. 11, 1906, and the anecdote on p. 618 reads: “A lady asked Dr. Franklin Well Doctor what have we got a republic or a monarchy. A republic replied the Doctor if you can keep it.” When McHenry’s notes were included in The Records of the Federal Convention of 1787, ed. Max Farrand, vol. 3, appendix A, p. 85 (1911, reprinted 1934), a footnote stated that the date this anecdote was written is uncertain.

Some quotes from Franklin.

Seems Doctor Franklin didn't think much of democracy. I don't either.

That is what we have today, with half the country getting some sort of benefit from the public treasury our republic is doomed. Soon the wolves will vote for lunch the lamb long ago disarmed by gun control advocates.

Today we are a nation of idiots, run by idiots, eager to sell their souls and give up liberty for a free trip to the doctors office. For some all it takes is a free condom.

Sad really. I am 64 years old and in a way it feels better knowing I most likely won't be around in another 25 years.

So, who do we vote for that will gibs us the most gimmedats?
Outstanding post!

Old 04-15-2012, 12:47 PM

38,065 posts, read 22,230,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
If you are a "black" panther you can threaten and intimidate voters, and its cool, hell you can even put out wanted "Dead or Alive" posters, and that is cool too. If your son looks "black" like he could be 0bama's son, then you get special mention by the president on national TV.

If your a republican and your wife or daughter is viciously savaged for just being the wife or daughter of a republican, then you don't get a phone call from the president to console you. But if you are a democrat, then he is making that phone call.

Yes, if you are 0bama's skin color, or reflect his politics and agree with his policies, then you are excused and protected, if you are not, then you can **** off.

0bama's phone call to Fluke: "One of the things I want them to do as they get older is to engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on," he said. "I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil and thoughtful way, and I don't want them attacked or called horrible names because they're being good citizens."

Old 04-15-2012, 01:10 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,851,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
You *******s sure believed it when Bush was president. Sucks when the shoe's on the other foot, huh?
Like I've mentioned before, when they start calling you names, they've lost the ability to change their minds. I am rubber, you are glue. Also; did not know liberals are in favor of life in prison without the possibility of parole. Gee, I'm such a *******, 'cuz I totally believe in that.

I'm sorry you didn't see this under Bush, either. Or maybe you did see it, like I did. Maybe you saw McCain choose an idiot for a running mate, too. Maybe you made the same decision I I did. That if somehow Palin got to be President, that this country would be in very sorry shape. Maybe. Or maybe us *******s can't make intelligent decisions based on a candidates history and value systems and we march like sheep to vote Dem.

Maybe in your world. Not in mine.
P.S., those stats are real. They happened during one of the world's most economically depressed times. Those jobs were created while Obama was leading the country. I understand this bothers you. So keep calling people names, and ignore the facts and yammer about how it's all Obama's and *******s' fault. It's much easier not to use your eyes, ears and brain. Well, I reckon you might be, since you've got your fingers shoved in your ears and saying "LA LA LA LA" as loud as you can.

Peace.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:18 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,457,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltheusernamesaretaken View Post
Even without his obvious lack of qualifications, he just does not come across as "presidential."
Ever.

He goes without a tie inappropriately more than I'd like to remember.
He affects that street accent when it behooves him (much like GWB got more "Texas" for the same reason).
He does a whole lot of "ummmm"-ing for The Most Wondrous Public Speaker in Recent History.

So much about him is an embarassment.
I've felt this way about the president since 2000.
Why can't we get it right???
Could the way he doesn't come across as "presidential" have anything to do with race?

Old 04-16-2012, 12:36 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,484,251 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=5u03KAcEbEo

Old 04-16-2012, 12:48 PM

908 posts, read 1,121,053 times
I read about 10 posts of this thread. That was enough.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM

36 posts, read 22,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Where are the obots to defend obama ?? (chuckle).

Standing at the mailbox waiting for their WIC check.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:02 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,457,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The Emperor's new clothes. LOL

Obama likes Reagen so much. I hope Romney keeps saying----"Are you better off than you were four years ago?"
As a matter of fact I am. I'm now employed, and making 35% more then I was before I got laid off in '08.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:08 PM

1,332 posts, read 996,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Yep, that's all they can say, I don't hear nothing else.

you hear PLENTY else.....real solutions for REAL problems. You're too busy listening to obama to hear anything else.

Example...when is the last time the democrats put forth a BUDGET? The republicans have. The democrats just fly by the seat of their pants....the president asks for debt limit increases at every new session of congress.

Just vote for obama...clearly you aren't intelligent enough to make an informed decision. All you seem able to do is reguritate democrat gtalking points, and you seem perfectly comfortable to vote once again for complete and total failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies