Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 11:49 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times

Advertisements

Why can't health insurance be like car insurance? .............
For the same reason that your immune system is different to a umbrella. Both protect you from certain things but your immune system (health care) is absolutely needed to protect you and a umbrella (car insurance) is only needed if you go out in the rain, which is your choice and optional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 11:59 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
I see the liberals are onboard to poo poo the idea of bringing down insurance costs by individuals paying for small costs. Obviously that isn't going to fly when the democrats can tar the republicans for suggesting that women might be able to pay the $9 per month cost of birth control. Oh the inhumanity of it! You are aware that doctors could charge less if they didn't have to file all the insurance paper work. If you paid the doctor directly he could see you for a lot less. Oh and by the way outpatient lab work was covered by insurance
back in the olden days. When I said "hospitalization" I meant it as a generalization for higher cost items. As you pointed out, people are now requiring fewer days of hospitalization for almost every procedure. If there was a deductible for health insurance as there is for auto insurance we should be able to bring down costs. And to the person who said you only found out how good your insurance was when you got sick, the same could be said for auto insurance with a claim.
There are deductibles genius. They are called co-pays and deductibles. Was that real?

Old 04-24-2012, 12:04 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,986,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robeaux View Post
I can't turn on the TV without seeing a commercial for car insurance, and I'm sure you have noticed the same. Geico, Allstate, eInsurance, StateFarm, Progressive, etc. Why is that??? Wouldn't you love for Flo to be saying she could save you 15% on your health insurance??

Can health insurance ever be at this point? If not, why?? Has government intervention prevented it? Is it really the insurance companies trying to make more profits?

I know it's a different market...I would say instead of comparing apples and oranges, it's more like comparing grapefruits and oranges.
People take better care of their cars, than their own bodies..

If people would take care of their bodies, then medical costs would be much lower.

We've only our fat, addicted, thrill seeking, ignorant selves to blame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies