Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 05:25 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When a poster brings about their stories into a public forum, it's fair game. I'm not sure why that little piece of logic is absent from your thought process.

If you notice, you know hardly anything (if anything) about my family. That's because I don't bring them into the conversation. Many have tried to goad me into divulging details, but i'm smarter than that.
So.. how is your family?..

Okay... back on topic...(below is not necessarily meant for you Aero)

The reason the gov'mint helps WIC (which stands for Women, Infants and Children) is because 2 out of 3 mentioned above can't "help themselves" by getting a job..or taking care of themselves...

The mother could be drug addicted, chronically lazy or suffering from Octo-Mom-Syndrome.. where she pops out too many babies..

Once again, the kids should not suffer.

Could you watch a child in your neighborhood starve to death if you knew you could help that child, if the mother was neglectful or dis-interested in that childs health?

You would call the law right? They would come take the child and the child would still get "government assistance" from the state at an orphanage or adoptive home...

Old 04-21-2012, 05:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Better get used to it. WIC, TANF, EBT cards..more people dependent on government programs.
Learn to use the self checkout even if you have more than 10 items..I do when I see it empty.
(cause I don't want to hold up people who really do have less than 10 items).

Old 04-21-2012, 06:33 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,471,387 times
For the welfare lovers. http://youtu.be/_wElqMl5TJM

Last edited by dober1; 04-21-2012 at 06:44 PM..

Old 04-21-2012, 06:43 PM

723 posts, read 2,193,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dober1 View Post
For the welfare lovers.video2view.net
wrong link

AFP's "Common Sense": Around the World on $69 Million in Welfare Funds

Old 04-21-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald_octane View Post
Try again on my original post it works now. #653

Last edited by dober1; 04-21-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 04-21-2012, 06:51 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,606,714 times
I need to copy this thread to drop on a post I make in the "people aren't prejudice anymore, get over it" thread. It's a two for one, poor and Mexican. Wow!

Old 04-21-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I need to copy this thread to drop on a post I make in the "people aren't prejudice anymore, get over it" thread. It's a two for one, poor and Mexican. Wow!
You need to wake up. WOW!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:05 PM

552 posts, read 738,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Wow, you must be psychic! You *knew* she was cheating the system, owned the car she was driving, had no handicap ... You should get a job on one of those 1-900-PSYCHIC lines.
Exactly, I use my moms car with a sticker when I need to drop her off closer to the door, and I have to pick up her groceries often and use her snap card. She only can leave the house a couple times a year due to her sickness, Ive seen those stares people give me because they think I am on food stamps, lol, idiots. Things are rarely as simple as they seem...

Old 04-21-2012, 11:06 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars&StripesForever;23961919[B
]In all likelihood, she was illegal. In my experiences, in general, those who do not speak English in public are illegal. [/b]There was a study years ago that around 80% of all 'hispanics' in Georgia were illegal. Considering that the woman couldn't speak English, do you really think she was a legal citizen? I don't imagine the numbers being much different, in terms of the percentage of 'hispanics' who are illegal, from state to state away from the border.
Well maybe you need to broaden your experience then

Old 04-22-2012, 01:26 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,392 times
Directed towards the OP..
Newsflash, you are not a mind reader, do not the story behind this lady, you are ASSuming which is never good business.
As many other posters pointed out, this could have been a borrowed vehicle and just because she spoke broken English and more Spanish most certainly does not mean she is ILLEGAL or anything of the sort.
BTW..you are not the only TAX payer on earth, I pay taxes as well and have since I was 16 years old.
I choose to NOT judge unless I have their case file directly in front of me.
My father ( whom is Mexican and at one point illegal) until he became a citizen and works for the dept of corrections has stated “I get pissed when I useto live on a limited budget when I did not accept the job in Georgia and I would see some paisa buying good cuts of meat and a 12 pack with food stamps.”
However that was in the 80’s and the eligibility has become strict since those times.
While illegal a person can obtain WIC, food stamps and other services for their child only, they are not getting rich off of this.
It is becoming harder and harder to be illegal and get the bennies one useto get matter of fact illegal immigration has been on the decline in the last 4 years at least here in Ca.
You stated the women was Hispanic? I have to tell you I am sorry They are not the only ones that cheat the system, you also have white and black single mothers with dead beat dads.
You have women that have never used County assistance until they left their abusive husbands and have had to use these services in order to feed their kids ( I know I was a transitional housing coordinator/domestic violence advocate for years) and have assisted them in obtaining services temp while getting control of their lives back.
I have seen MEN that cannot get a job utilize GR services ( General relief)
My b/f has a brother whom is white, in his 50’s a chronic alcoholic and is getting food stamps, does he use these to get food?
Nope! He knows shady people that he will take to the grocery store and use his card to give them 150.00 of “free” food for 80.00 cash to spend on a rat motel room and enough cheap vodka to get him on a bender!
There are many charlatans out there that abuse our system, and stereo typing does no good because the abusers come from different back grounds/ethnicities!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies