Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,484,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Lol at flash robs...it's a cool idea.

You can tell it's more a form of rebellion than an actual crime...not that it isn't a crime, but clearly from their perspective it's just an expression of their new found "don't give a crap" attitude.

Who steals a couple drinks, or a packet of candy?

I'd imagine it's like hippies smoking weed in public...

Someone needs to give these people something to do...they're obviously very bored.

When black teens rebel, they do it differently...probably because it's a different culture. I'd imagine every in group would have it's own unique ways of rebelling...that's the whole point of rebelling. Teenage rebellion (a stage which these days will probably go up to mid twenties due to various other factors) should be recognized for what it is...a society that reacts to it by responding with jail time is going over board imo, we were all stupid rebellious idiots at one point in our lives (if you weren't you missed out lol).
So the owner of a small store should be okay with a large group of youths stealing from him/her, affecting their livelihood? The people who are savagely beaten by these youths should just accept it as youthful hijinks?

Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 08:49 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
So the owner of a small store should be okay with a large group of youths stealing from him/her, affecting their livelihood? The people who are savagely beaten by these youths should just accept it as youthful hijinks?

Really?
Of course not.

But it isn't like you either go to the other extreme. Putting stupid kids in jail for something like this would be a shame...

Like I said, give them something to do. Community service. Maybe let them decide in which capacity.

Calling for their heads is just an over reaction (which is what they want).

But that refers strictly to the "flash robs". If you physically harm a person you start crossing lines that you'll have to be responsible for.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:36 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think you've answered you own question. Hard to manage the hordes if they can think critically. Also America has dumbed down its standards to make everyone "equal".

The sad part is that our competitiors have no qualms about instituting rigorous exams to tease out the best of the best. The Chinese for example have been using such tests for thousands of years to select their civil servants. The Brits used to have a similar testing system but alas these test were viewed as discriminatory.

In America tests that test for basic and objective knowledge such as math have been denounced as racist because few members of a select minority group can pass them. I guess actually instituting rigorous methods of perperation for these exams is simply too difficult.

What are you going to do, such are the times we live in.
You are exactly right.

The only option is to take care of you and yours. I think if more people in this country realized that education can literally set them free, this country wouldn't be in the mess that its in. When you cannot think critically and logically analyze arguments/media propaganda, you are at the mercy of those attempting to influence you.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:08 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
In all honesty, I think there is a tendency to see "others" faults much easier than one can see their own.

For example, when young White men riot over a sporting event or a rock concert, it is seen as harmless fun (boys will be boys) or as an anomaly. When young White women shoplift or do drugs it is seen as a "cry for help" and not classified as criminal behavior. If the neighbor's son is a meth addict, he is just needs help. If a young Black teen is not dressed in country club attire, they are a crackhead on welfare.

There is a distinction between how criminal activity of young Blacks and young Whites are both perceived and how they are punished. When young White kids get into trouble they are channeled into outreach programs, minimum security juvenile detention camps and when young Black kids get into trouble they are charged as adults and placed into the general jail population (or basically one step away from it)
Totally agree with this. The fact that many of you do not recognize this to be true is actually what is the real issue IMO in regards to race and crime in this country

I feel the whole premise that the OP is trying to make - that flash mobs or black on white crime is ignored by the media, is incorrect. If it was actually ignored, you would not have heard about them here or anywhere else.

Also on both local and national news outlets there are many upon many stories where there are black perps committing both heinous and non-heinous crimes against white people, mug shots of black killers of whites are flashed on news channels all the time and it is commonplace, as is armed robbers and robberies in general.

I do feel that racial issues are really taboo and that people are quick to jump to one side or the other based on race. Also, in regards to this country and in regards to media in particular, I feel the opposite of what the premise of this thread is occurring. Many white people commit all sorts of crimes and those crimes are not reported like crimes committed by black youths are, you rarely see mug shots of whites on TV committing armed robbery or murder or even stealing as a result of drug abuse, the opposite is true for blacks even though whites account for more of these crimes nationwide than blacks, even taking the total percentage into effect. It would make sense that white mug shots would have a slight advantage over black ones in the media, but that is rarely the case.

Also many semi-racists white people will take a few stories about "flash mobs" and try to insinuate that this occurs on a wide spread basis, as if black people are now starting to target whites more than they have previously as if this is a new phenomenon, which is also not true. The fact that a term was created specifically for this situation "flash mob" is proof for me that some semi-racists just want to rile up their peers in order to scare people into believing that all black people are waiting to ambush and attack someone just because they are white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Many were fighting for minority rights at the time I'm sure. Just like the blue eyed beasts: ended slavery, passed the Civil Rights Act (large majority of devils in the house/senate), ended apartheid in South Africa (with disastrous results), helped form the NAACP and other racist organizations, passed affirmative action legislation to "even the playing field (big lol on that one)", integrated schools, ended segregation, etc. etc. etc.

The White man has built the most tolerant, inclusive, prosperous civilization ever. Check out the continents of Africa, Asia, and Australia (non-White countries) and let me know about their diversity programs and toleration of foreigners.

As DJ Khaled says (in broken English): "we da bess!!!!"
Wanted to let you know that whites colonized pretty much the whole continent of Africa and destroyed many of the native customs and traditions of the continent. Whites also colonized a large portion of Asia and that Australia is not a non-white country.

In your post you also did not mention the uphill battles and hundreds of years it took to get black, Asian, and aboriginal people to even be considered humans by dominate European colonizers who brutalized them for hundreds of years. The majority of the countries in Africa have not even been independent for more than 50 years and considering our country, America, is considered a "young" country, you should take that into consideration when viewing African countries as many of them are similar to where our own country was at 50 years independent.

Wanted to note that I fully acknowledge (in this country especially) the comraderie that occurred during the Civil Rights Movement in particular in regards to the many white citizens who assisted and marched for justice for all people in this country, just like the majority of black Americans do.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
stop feeding the zeitgeist.

Dear Media: Americans Don't Want Your New Race War.
America has come a very long way in very short period of time, in terms of racial integration and understanding.

But that hard-fought progress is currently under threat.

In both the media and political classes, there exist individuals who are seemingly addicted to crisis opportunity, and whose efforts threaten to set the country back 30 or 50 years in terms of its social and racial development.

Like fast food, they will use cheap techniques like race-baiting, and tabloid sensationalism to score cheap ratings and even cheaper political points. Their reckless efforts fly in the face of every fundamental principle which the United States was founded upon, principles which each generation has fought for, in some way or another, in order to to improve society over the last 250 years.

The George Zimmerman case has been seized upon by the charlatans, the political classes and the media manipulators – as their latest vehicle for dividing Americans into their respective camps, along the lines of ethnicity, insisting that Martin’s death was caused by ‘racial profiling’ – when no evidence beyond anecdotal has been presented to date to support such an accusation.

Here we witness both the media and politicians alike, working in concert, to construct the illusion of a race war in America.

But this is only the beginning.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:11 PM

My say that those in office who send our young men and women to war should be required to send their own children. I say the same for those in office and in the media who push for a race war should send their own children and themselves out into the street when it goes down.

Put your money where your mouth is, media.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 PM

Quote:
I feel the whole premise that the OP is trying to make - that flash mobs or black on white crime is ignored by the media, is incorrect. If it was actually ignored, you would not have heard about them here or anywhere else.
Its not totally ignored, but the national, mainstream media sure doesn't go out of its way to report it. We only know about these things because of local media reports going out over the internet.

The national mainstream media will ignore the many, many stories of "youths" beating random Caucasoids, but have no qualms about reporting a teenager on a WalMart intercom, as a tasteless prank, announcing that all blacks should leave the store. For that, the national media will stand outside the store with furrowed brows on their dopey faces.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Its not totally ignored, but the national, mainstream media sure doesn't go out of its way to report it. We only know about these things because of local media reports going out over the internet.

The national mainstream media will ignore the many, many stories of "youths" beating random Caucasoids, but have no qualms about reporting a teenager on a WalMart intercom, as a tasteless prank, announcing that all blacks should leave the store. For that, the national media will stand outside the store with furrowed brows on their dopey faces.

Local media is mainstream and national outlets pick up their stories from local media. Also the internet is mainstream media so anything you find out about is known and was not hidden from you.

You did not answer other topics I discussed, how white youth and white perps are not paraded about on TV to the degree that black people are. Also blacks have not all the sudden started attacking whites in the past few years since Obama was elected. Crime was much worse in the 80s and 90s than it is today. Black people have been labeled as criminals for years and years, even as crimes committed by blacks have decreased. I doubt "youths" will ever not randomly beat anyone, let alone "caucasoids" (which made me giggle LOL!). The media is a beast and they report what will make people watch their channel. Most national MSM outlets don't even actually report "news" IMO anymore, they just spew the opinions of their commentators and attempt to scare people, similar to what many do here on CD.

Also there is no reason to create terms for crimes that already have a criminological label. "Flash mob" is something that someone coined in order to scare people like you into thinking that black people are out to beat you up or murder you or steal from you on a large scale. If someone is getting beat up, it is called an assault or attempted murdered. If you are robbed at gunpoint it is armed robbery, etc. Why the need to coin new terms about something that is not a new phenomenon unless you are just trying to shock and scare people unnecessarily.

Many even here on CD have used other sorts of crimes and labeled them "flash mobs" in order to scare people more. It is just ridiculous and honestly all of you parallel the disgusting things that national MSM supposedly does.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Flash mob are those which use social networks and communication devices like smart phones to connect with each other. A flash mob isn't necessarily violent or even criminal. However, when a group of youths use social media and or new communication devices to connect with each other so they can connect with random people's heads, then its entirely appropriate to call them a "flash mob".

Again, "beat whitey night"? Barely a blip. WalMart prank? OMG, its Emmit Til all over again!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Flash mob are those which use social networks and communication devices like smart phones to connect with each other. A flash mob isn't necessarily violent or even criminal. However, when a group of youths use social media and or new communication devices to connect with each other so they can connect with random people's heads, then its entirely appropriate to call them a "flash mob".

Again, "beat whitey night"? Barely a blip. WalMart prank? OMG, its Emmit Til all over again!

I agree with you on the bolded, but as you can tell from this thread, that is not what people around here think that a "flash mob" is. They are using it to describe black youths beating up white people and it has a sister called a "flash rob" which is a group of black youths stealing from a store not manned by someone who is black.

Also, like I stated above, the media report things to scare people and to get people to watch their channel or read their website. If you stopped watching them and stopped reading about those sorts of things that are very trivial in nature (especially the Walmart thing, which was so not newsworthy IMO, and note I do not have cable so don't watch cable news, I heard about that here and read a link. I also heard about it on a black radio station and they were joking around about it).

ETA: Forgot to mention, that I did learn about the Chicago assaults against whites by blacks and the Wisconsin fair incident via national MSM via the evening news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies