Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 12:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times

Advertisements

It sickens me that anyone in here would be salivating over a possible Hispanic majority or takeover when if and when it might occur it would be directly due to massive illegal immigration from Mexico and other Latino countries. Would these hypocrites also be salivating if millions of illegal Chinese for example were to do the same thing to Mexico?

Old 05-10-2012, 12:39 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It sickens me that anyone in here would be salivating over a possible Hispanic majority or takeover when if and when it might occur it would be directly due to massive illegal immigration from Mexico and other Latino countries. Would these hypocrites also be salivating if millions of illegal Chinese for example were to do the same thing to Mexico?
Look at this this way by the time it happens you'll probably be dead.

Cheer up!

Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Wrong, Report: First and second generation to be a third of U.S. population by 2040 | Multi-American

Your bigotry and hate is showing.... Expecting a race war??? Because whites are a minority???? Wouldn't want to be you.
Bigotry? Def against illegal aliens and the people who help them out, of course.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When did redneck, or anglo become racial slurs? Hell, gringo is a racial slur? Again, since when?

And i know quite well what mojado means. Again, folks can say things about themselves that others shouldn't say. Just because Mexicans use certain derogatory words for each other doesn't mean that you should do it too. That's common sense.
If a Black dude or "brown" Hispanic called a white guy a "redneck"; that "redneck" may cuss him out or worse. In other words: don't go there. You may not like it. Yes; "redneck" CAN be a race slur.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:38 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Bigotry? Def against illegal aliens and the people who help them out, of course.
FYI, brainyack, this is NOT the illegal immigration sub forum. If you wanta talk about illegals take it over there.

The subject of this thread is Hispanics assimilating into American culture. The implication is were talking about legal hispanics, otherwise the moderators would have moved this thread pver to the illegal immigration sub forum. Please stay on topic, bashing illegals is off topic.

Last edited by buzzards27; 05-10-2012 at 07:08 PM..

Old 05-10-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
FYI, brainyack, this is NOT the illegal immigration sub forum. If you wanta tall about illegals take it over there.

The subject of this thread is Hispanics assimilating into American culture. The implication is were talking about legal hispanics, otherwise the moderators would have moved this thread pver to the illegal immigration sub forum. Please stay on topic, bashing illegals is off topic.
Try again. I was referring to my feelings towards illegal aliens cause I'm NOT bigoted against American Hispanics despite your saying I was. The La Raza ones I don't like tho.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:00 PM

I see you didn't read the report I cited. It was based on several national studies and was drawing national conclusions.

Quote:
A report released today by the University of Southern California that projects the growth of immigrant generations in the United States has the second-generation children of immigrants poised to make up a larger share of the overall U.S. population in coming years, more so than they have in the past.
One of the underlying studies, Projections of the U.S. Population, 2010-2140, by Immigrant Generations and Length of U.S. Residence for the Foreign Born by JohnPitkin and Dowell Myers October 2011

The conclusions they drew were that by 2040, " “the total foreign stock (parents and children with recent immigrant roots) is currently 22.5% of the total U.S. population and is projected in 2040 to rise to 30.5%..." That is 30% being first or second generation immigrants. When you added 3rd, 4th, 5th generations and beyond the percentage that identify as Hispanic will soon, 2040 to 2050, outnumber non Hispanic whites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
Hispanics won't make that 40% by 2050. At best they will still be only 30% of the total population.Very conservative? read above . Non-hispanic whites will still be the majority of all ethnicities, they are projected to be 46% of total population.Minorities expected to be majority in 2050 - CNN

Your link doesn't discuss "birth rates for Hispanics in the US". It discusses California's population projections of immigrants.
Hispanic birth rate drops due to economic downturn - Chicago Sun-Times

Old 05-10-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Try again. I was referring to my feelings towards illegal aliens cause I'm NOT bigoted against American Hispanics despite your saying I was. The La Raza ones I don't like tho.
Good, then there is no reason for you to participate further in this thread because it is not about illegals.

Old 05-10-2012, 07:22 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
Quote:
I see you didn't read the report I cited. It was based on several national studies and was drawing national conclusions.

One of the underlying studies, Projections of the U.S. Population, 2010-2140, by Immigrant Generations and Length of U.S. Residence for the Foreign Born by JohnPitkin and Dowell Myers October 2011

The conclusions they drew were that by 2040, " “the total foreign stock (parents and children with recent immigrant roots) is currently 22.5% of the total U.S. population and is projected in 2040 to rise to 30.5%..." That is 30% being first or second generation immigrants. When you added 3rd, 4th, 5th generations and beyond the percentage that identify as Hispanic will soon, 2040 to 2050, outnumber non Hispanic whites.
You didn't cite a report, you cited a blog. (The report is linked in the blog) I actually post comments on that blog - Multi-American.
Packard was talking Hispanic birth rates (got to remain on topic remember?), you cited the report (blog) as proof of Hispanic birth rates, which it doesn't do. The rest of your ignorant claim is hilarious and nowhere in your link does it claim as you do: When you added 3rd, 4th, 5th generations and beyond the percentage that identify as Hispanic will soon, 2040 to 2050, outnumber non Hispanic whites. This is but your made up projection based on absolutely nothing other than your lack of mathematical skills and report comprehension.
Here is the actual link to the report from your blog link.
Quote:
Generational Projections of the California Population By Nativity and Year of Immigrant Arrival
http://www.usc.edu/schools/price/***...rojections.pdf

Here is its Executive Summary link
Quote:
This report provides uniquely detailed projections of California’s population numbers and characteristics. In addition to the standard content of age, gender and race or Hispanic origin, the Pitkin-Myers/USC projections describe foreign-born and California-born components. The new projections also provide detail on immigrant generations and the length of residence in the U.S. for the first generation. Projections of the total population are carried through 2050, while the detailed characteristics are reported through 2030.
http://www.usc.edu/schools/price/***...s_Exec-Sum.pdf

Here is the UNDERLYING report (actually a NEWS RELEASE) link:News Releases NOTE: the link this link claims goes right back to the above link of California. Demographic Futures

An UNDERLYING report still doesn't prove Hispanic birth rates, all it says is that foreign born or children of immigrants will jump by 8% in 30 years. Some of those may be Hispanics, but then some of them won't be.

Last edited by Liquid Reigns; 05-10-2012 at 07:52 PM..

Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
From his own linked report (blog link) as it pertains to Hispanics specifically:
Quote:
Questions of Future Trajectories
Sections 2 to 4 of the report address common important
questions about California’s population.
• The 2010 census delivered a major surprise to
California, because its count came in well below
the projections prepared by the State of California
in 2007. Looking forward, a major question
is how much growth to expect for the current
decade and those beyond. (Section 2)
• Rapid changes in the racial and Hispanic composition
of the population have proceeded in
California at least since 1970. Given that migration
patterns have shiftedand birth rates have
decreased
, should these changes now be expected
to continue at the same rate in the coming decades?
(Section 2)
His own link proves his assertions as wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies