Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 08:22 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You must get real upset when them stinken Irish wave their flags.

Let's not forget them Jews with their stinken Israel flags all over the place.
I'm of Irish family; some of us ARE idiots and still cry about Northern Ireland being British. Look at this: most of us in the US DON'T wave that flag except on St Patricks Day.

Too many Hispanics STILL talk in Spanish which WILL get them in trouble. The Irish Americans and Jews speak English, even with each other. If a Hispanic wants to be a macho fool; that's his choice, but DON'T cry when it gets thrown back in his face. People are getting tired real fast of La Raza.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:24 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
And that 40% Hispanic (that number is very conservative, more like 45%) would make non Hispanic whites a minority. You better temper that Hispanic hate pal, they might remember when they take over this country.
Try again. Hispanic birthrate is dropping like a rock and many American ones WILL side with the anglos if things get ugly. It be more of a case the US will take over Mexico first than La Raza trying to take over the US.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:32 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Try again. Hispanic birthrate is dropping like a rock and many American ones WILL side with the anglos if things get ugly. It be more of a case the US will take over Mexico first than La Raza trying to take over the US.
Wrong, Report: First and second generation to be a third of U.S. population by 2040 | Multi-American

Your bigotry and hate is showing.... Expecting a race war??? Because whites are a minority???? Wouldn't want to be you.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:36 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
I'm of Irish family; some of us ARE idiots and still cry about Northern Ireland being British. Look at this: most of us in the US DON'T wave that flag except on St Patricks Day.

Too many Hispanics STILL talk in Spanish which WILL get them in trouble. The Irish Americans and Jews speak English, even with each other. If a Hispanic wants to be a macho fool; that's his choice, but DON'T cry when it gets thrown back in his face. People are getting tired real fast of La Raza.
Funny, I see Irish flags flying on the fronts of many homes around here, 24/7/365 in many cases AND with no American flag. Bet you can say the same thing if you live in an Irish enclave.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:37 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,391 times
Quote:
Wrong, Report: First and second generation to be a third of U.S. population by 2040 | Multi-American

Your bigotry and hate is showing.... Expecting a race war??? Because whites are a minority???? Wouldn't want to be you.
I wouldn't want to be you neither. "Whites" fought for, build and developed this United States of America. Hispanics developed Mexico and other socio-economical nightmares of Latin America. God help us all if Hispanics ever become a majority in this country!

Last edited by rebel12; 05-10-2012 at 08:50 AM..

Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,391 times
Quote:
Funny, I see Irish flags flying on the fronts of many homes around here, 24/7/365 in many cases AND with no American flag. Bet you can say the same thing if you live in an Irish enclave.
LOL. Those are Irish-Americans and just like Italian-Americans and other ethnic groups within American society they speak English as their first language and are as much a part of American culture as is Columbus and St. Patrick Day.

Don't compare yourself to Irish-Americans or Italian-Americans.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited by rebel12; 05-10-2012 at 09:51 AM..

Old 05-10-2012, 09:01 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
LOL. Those are Irish-Americans and just like Italian-Americans and other ethnic groups within American society they speak English as their first language and are as much a part of American culture as are Columbus Day and St. Patrick Day. .
But if I speak German with friend in Hill Country, that is fine?

Old 05-10-2012, 11:23 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Got it. Next time YOU use what I think is a slur; I'll yank your chain, hard.
I wouldn't hold my breath. I don't use racial slurs....EVER!

Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Funny -- I never see you jump on anyone for using a term like "redneck', "anglo", "gringo" and other racial slurs.

They call them "mojados" in Mexico. Mojados even call themselves mojados, and it the same thing.
When did redneck, or anglo become racial slurs? Hell, gringo is a racial slur? Again, since when?

And i know quite well what mojado means. Again, folks can say things about themselves that others shouldn't say. Just because Mexicans use certain derogatory words for each other doesn't mean that you should do it too. That's common sense.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 PM

2,475 posts, read 2,076,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I don't understand something.
If hispanics make up 40% of citizens in America,can't we technically known as a "latin American" country in 2050?
Hispanics won't make that 40% by 2050. At best they will still be only 30% of the total population.
Quote:
The group predicted to post the most dramatic gain is the Hispanic population. It is projected to nearly triple, from 46.7 million to 132.8 million, from 2008 through 2050, the bureau said. Its share of the total U.S. population is expected to double from 15 to 30 percent. "Thus, one in three U.S. residents would be Hispanic," the Census Bureau said in a news release.
Quote:
And that 40% Hispanic (that number is very conservative, more like 45%) would make non Hispanic whites a minority. You better temper that Hispanic hate pal, they might remember when they take over this country.
Very conservative? read above . Non-hispanic whites will still be the majority of all ethnicities, they are projected to be 46% of total population.
Quote:
Minorities, classified as those of any race other than non-Hispanic, single-race whites, currently constitute about a third of the U.S. population, according to Census figures. But by 2042, they are projected to become the majority, making up more than half the population. By 2050, 54 percent of the population will be minorities.
Minorities expected to be majority in 2050 - CNN

Quote:

Your link doesn't discuss "birth rates for Hispanics in the US". It discusses California's population projections of immigrants.
Quote:
“Hispanic fertility is dropping like a stone,” says Kenneth Johnson, demographer for the University of New Hampshire’s Carsey Institute.
Between 2007 and 2010, Hispanic births in Illinois dropped by 15.4 percent — 44,146 Hispanic births in 2007 to 37,359 in 2010, according to Johnson. Total births in Illinois dropped by 8.6 percent in Illinois during the same period, he said.....
Nationally, Hispanic birth rates tumbled 17.6 percent in three years — from 97.4 births per 1,000 women ages 15 to 44 to 80.3 last year, according to preliminary 2010 data released this month by the National Center for Health Statistics.
Non-Hispanic whites still deliver most U.S. births. Their birth rates fell too, but at a much slower pace — down 3.7 percent to 58.7 per 1,000 women in 2010.
Hispanic birth rate drops due to economic downturn - Chicago Sun-Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies