Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2012, 09:08 PM

30,372 posts, read 51,986,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
If every pot smoker stood up and jumped to the left at once, the earth would probably go off its axis.
And California would be the first to sink... hehe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 09:11 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,043,608 times
Haha gotta love women! Typical! You probably loved that your husband was a big time pothead when you met him. Now all of a sudden you quit and decided to "grow up" and you so easily are ready to send the poor guy packing? What a hypocrite you are. You're the same type of woman that would probably spread her legs for every bad boy with a grin while in college........while not even giving the time of day to a guy that actually appreciates your personality, or the so called "nice" guy. But when you grow up.......you can't wait to bag a "nice guy" to settle down with once your fun was had.

Sorry sister there isn't anything wrong with your husband except that he likes to smoke pot. You knew that when you met him. I never smoked pot and I never would. I knew who I was when it came to drugs in high school. My standards never changed. You have every right to move on and marry someone who shares your common standards and expectations. But to all of a sudden black ball and your soon to be ex because of him being the man you've always known is well.......deceitful.

And I love how people think you can only smoke pot "once in a while". Yeah right. Pot is as much a drug as alcohol, coke, meth etc. There's no difference between the guy that gets high before work or the woman that can't wait to go to happy hour every day and have that glass of wine after work. Don't be a hypocrite ladies!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,223,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moddestmike View Post
While I support the OP and her right to do what she feels is best for her, I'm noticing quite a bit of misinformation in this thread.

Many of you are failing to mention whether these "violent pot heads" were violent or predisposed to violence before you knew them to be pot smokers. You're blaming a the plant when actually THC's primary focus is to bind to the receptors in the brain that generate pain indicators, onset of anxieties, etc....its completely reverse of what many of you are stating.
Amen to that.

What I was able to do for myself with smoking pot no doctor or psychiatrist could have done for me... binding receptors and such. But those who find themselves more in control or perhaps superior, have no reality upon which to relate an understanding. Good for them, being well grounded in whatever works for them.

And I made much better grades at university, though I did get lost on my way to a French final and arrived late. Left early too. The exam brought up my semester average, better than any grade I'd ever gotten in English.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 PM

30,904 posts, read 36,995,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
I recommend counseling for both of you. Why? Because, we all know he needs it, but what about you? I believe, a person who spends five years with an addict, is a "dependent" of that addict. And, that's not normal. So, find out why. That's the only way to guarantee you won't repeat the same behavior. You don't want to find another Mr. Wrong to bring the same drama into your life... do you? I think not. So, if you're smart, find out why you're attracted to these types. Some people are gluttons for pain, and there's always a reason why. I wish the best... for both of you.
Excellent point

Old 04-19-2012, 12:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,489,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint It Pink View Post
I used to smoke, sure. Alot. Then I grew up.

Once a pothead, always a pothead.

What about you? Are you "420 friendly"? What if your SO had a problem, addressed it, then went right back into the habit with the promise of "it won't be that bad again" and bold faced lied to you?

I approach 420 users the way I approach alcohol and tobacco users. If they are responsible with their usage, then I'm fine with it.

[with that said, I find the red bolded part of your post ironic]

Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,301,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint It Pink View Post
I used to smoke, sure. Alot. Then I grew up.

However my boyfriend (very soon to be ex) has smoked for 15,16 years of his life.

He admitted that it was interferring with his life about 3 months ago, and made a pact to quit. He did, and stayed sober for 2.5 months- until he went to visit his family, and brought back weed with him.

He said he would "use it only on weekends" and I've caught him flat out lying to me- twice in one day about smoking during the week... specifically before work, and in the evening. This may not seem like a problem to most of you, but it IS a problem because he was a manytimes a day user, quit, and then vowed only weekends. And lied to me.

Once a pothead, always a pothead.

Needless to say, I feel that I can no longer trust him. I've lost alot of respect for him over this- and granted those were a GREAT two months, I was considering my future with him and even thinking about buying a house together- and then he lit it up in smoke- quite literally. Now I'm thinking about my future without him, being alone, and living alone.

Point is this post is... I used to be "420 friendly" as the pothead junkies like to call it, but now I'm not. And I'll never date someone who smokes it again. Burned once, learned my lesson.

It's sad that such a stupid thing could be, and will be, the end to a nearly 5 year relationship. It's the straw that broke the camel's back.

What about you? Are you "420 friendly"? What if your SO had a problem, addressed it, then went right back into the habit with the promise of "it won't be that bad again" and bold faced lied to you?

I'm not second guessing myself on this anymore, my mind is made up.
I'll drink to that.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:37 AM

16,191 posts, read 11,378,714 times
If you're against smoking weed, but have no problem getting drunk or drinking alcohol, that makes you a complete moron, and a hypocrite. Most of the people posting on this thread with negative views on pot have no freaking idea what they are talking about. Pot making people violent? Please, I call complete BS on that one. If you don't like smoking weed, that is your personal choice and I have no problem with that, however don't be all judgmental towards someone that likes to toke up every once in a while just because you think you know everything about pot because of what your D.A.R.E officer told you in 5th grade .

To the OP, maybe you should stop being so judgmental and actually maybe try to see if there is any REAL problem with him. Maybe there is some underlying issues that he keeps to himself.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:10 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,951,030 times
Yes, I am 420 friendly and use frequently but it affects everyone in different ways.

Different strokes for different folks-I recently cut down on drinking because I was becoming increasingly sick the following day and it was effecting my time and attendance at work. For me, Alcohol is a much more dangerous and harmful substance. Doctors will usually tell you the same.

But to the detractors of pot, it's fine that you do not enjoy or perhaps haven't had the opportunity to experience, but you are doing a HUGE disservice to the legalization movement by spreading false information. The Government does enough of that-we don't need parrots mimicking the propaganda and lies.

And OP, yes leave your partner. Nothing sounds healthy about your relationship and it most likely has nothing to do with 420. Perhaps it does, but don't let that stop you from dating a 420 user in the future. As I stated, it affects everyone in different ways-just as everything does.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:17 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times
the only thing wrong with this guy is he is an addict. What he is addicted to is less important then the addiction. I suggest the OP run away as fast as she can.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:26 AM

4,176 posts, read 10,694,975 times
My support of 420 has nothing to do with who smokes it; it has to do with everyone's rights - to do what they please with their own bodies. You want to be an alcoholic? Fine - but when you wreck your car or slam into someone else's kid, don't say "It was the alcohol that made me do it" - no, it was YOU who made the choice to drink - or text while driving, or smoke pot or even crack.

We cannot have an intelligent discussion about the legalization of anything until we include a discussion about personal responsibility. Everyone has the right to choose to destroy their own life, or 'enhance' it any way they choose - as long as they don't afterwards insist that it was the fault of a harmless plant or a fermented potato instead of their own. Even addicts can make the choice to stop or to continue; as long as we permit them to blame something outside of themselves for their actions, we enable them in their self-destruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies