Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
There was a broken nose and supposedly a head being bashed against the ground.
I don't know what was spoken about during that, but I don't think George could afford to pass out and trust the Martin teen.
Has there been medical evidence of a broken nose or just his brother talking?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:16 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,198,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mig1 View Post
BERNARDO DE LA RIONDA, ASSISTANT STATE ATTORNEY: "Our contention is, Your Honor, that this is a serious crime and that he should be held under no bond or, if the court were to set a bond, it would be $1 million. I thank you for the court's indulgence".

JUDGE LESTER: "Thank you very much.
The good thing about practicing law in Florida as a judge, as a prosecutor, and as a defense attorney is that we have lots of experience. I don't think there are too many jurisdictions in the country that get the wealth of cases, the amount of cases like this, not this particular one, but just cases in general in the criminal justice system, so we're all very experienced with this.
This is a very common type hearing and we're all familiar with this topic. It's a regular hearing but for the media involved in the particular case and circumstances associated with Mr. Zimmerman's record are something that the court and anybody who practices in the Central Florida area is familiar with the situations that go on at those establishments on the UCF corridor is the way I'll describe it. I think that's the best way.
And so we're familiar with those particular situations. I won't say it's standard, but it's a run-of-the-mill type run-in with the alcohol and beverage agents at the library, I believe it was. They're fairly common, so I'm familiar with those, even though it's in another jurisdiction.
The injunction was somewhat mild compared to the injunctions that I'm familiar with and so really what this revolves about is the facts of this particular situation as presented to the court.
What I'm going to do is I'm going to find that the motion is well taken. I'm going to grant the motion, set bond in the amount of $150,000 with the following conditions, electronic monitoring, GPS. I'll require the state and the defense to meet with the sheriff's department to accomplish that".

JMO: If there was evidence that GZ was the aggressor, bond would have been denied or set at one million as the prosecution requested. State admitted they cannot prove that GZ was the aggressor, end of story, state loses.
I like this judge.
Prosecutions case is based solely on speculation and obligatory/compulsory statements. TBC...
In plain English, GZ's past arrests/altercations non convictions some 7 years ago (at the age of 21) in another jurisdiction has little bearing on this case, in fact in the scheme of things they are rather insignificant...

BTW, I thought Bernardo de la Rionda took a hard line "defensive" posture at the press conference after the hearing, behaving inappropriately screaming at a reporter...

Old 04-20-2012, 11:17 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How exactly does that prove who the aggressor was?One had a little blood and the other dead.
I think you need to use a little logic with this maybe. How can you bloody someones head when you are dead. Just takes a little thinking.

Don't think you would qualify as a juror. Being on the jury requires that one engage the brain.

The lynch mob has won and we all have to sit through this ordeal and waste the taxpayers money on a case that had already been found no reason for being by the person who was in charge at the time.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Has there been medical evidence of a broken nose or just his brother talking?
Yes actually there is a medical report.... GZ's lawyer (Mark O'Mara) had the medical report of a broken/fracture nose in court today, he even offered it up to the investigator on the stand today, you know, the one who failed to check if a medical report existed for GZ...

Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Huh? Link for what? To tell you that Zimmerman is hispanic?
The link that states that he is Jewish. I haven't heard that anywhere but here.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think you need to use a little logic with this maybe. How can you bloody someones head when you are dead. Just takes a little thinking.

Don't think you would qualify as a juror. Being on the jury requires that one engage the brain.

The lynch mob has won and we all have to sit through this ordeal and waste the taxpayers money on a case that had already been found no reason for being by the person who was in charge at the time.
I know who I think was in the wrong and I guess I belong to the "lynch mob" group but I will wait for the evidence.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:47 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,642,454 times
Quote:
I know who I think was in the wrong and I guess I belong to the "lynch mob" group but I will wait for the evidence.
The evidence was looked at by the person that left his office. He is the only one that I have seen on TV that showed any judgment at all. I don't know his name but I have the greatest respect for him. I am so tired of publicity trying cases and these mobs pulling into town and changing things that didn't need changing in the first place. This case was looked at in an unbiased way in the first place and was found to be without merit by logical people that know the law. If there is a fair trial, the jury will find exactly what the police found in the first place. They were closer to the evidence and saw it as it was not as the TV stations twisted it. I believe in letting people do their jobs and showing respect for the law. This is not a trial, it is a circus.

Old 04-21-2012, 12:13 AM

When this story first broke (I live locally) the image/story that was portrayed by the news media was that a "older" RACIST WHITE MAN yelling racial slurs weighing 260lbs gunned down a 17 year old black kid that was the size of a 12 year old carrying a bag of skittles and ice tea.

I was outraged! And incredibly saddened for TM's family...

For weeks this story ran, until slowly the truth emerged because people began to speak up...

Now what we have here is a 6' 160lb athletic 17 year old young man in a struggle/physical confrontation with a 5'8" 185lb 28 year old young man (who was referred to as a "WHITE HISPANIC" for awhile by the media in an attempt to justify their mistaken description IMO, they've since drop that description) one ended up with injuries and sadly the other is dead.

The media also had "voice experts" listen to the screams on the 911 call who stated (w/o ever hearing TM's voice) that it was highly likely it was Trayvon screaming, despite the eyewitness testimony. Then we had a CNN "expert" in "tape analysis'"who insisted that GZ said the word F***ing C**ns, turns out he said F****ing Punks (which is what is in the Probable Cause Affidavit on page 2) Never did he utter a "racial slur"...

I have not taken a side in this truly tragic case (except briefly in the beginning when I (for one naive second) believed what the news media spewed out...

I was pissed and disgusted at the news media for the untruths that they fed the public...

GZ is not the RACIST OLDER WHITE MAN the public was led to believe and TM was (may he rest in peace) not the size of a 12 year old, neither young men are squeaky clean...

Angela Corey's political posturing and proselytizing looks like it might bite her in the rear end...

I am incredibly saddened for Trayvon Martin's family.

My thoughts, sympathy and prayers go out to both families...

I will reserve judgement until ALL evidence is presented in court, if it makes it to a jury...

TY

Last edited by tiluha; 04-21-2012 at 12:41 AM..

Old 04-21-2012, 12:20 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
When this story first broke (I live locally) the image/story that was portrayed by the news media was that a "older" RACIST WHITE MAN yelling racial slurs weighing 260lbs gunned down a 17 year old black kid that was the size of a 12 year old carrying a bag of skittles and ice tea.

I was outraged! And incredibly saddened for TM's family...

For weeks this story ran, until slowly the truth emerged because people began to speak up...

Now what we have here is a 6' 160lb athletic 17 year old young man in a struggle/physical confrontation with a 5'8" 185lb 28 year old young man (who was referred to as a "WHITE HISPANIC" for awhile by the media in an attempt to justify their mistaken description IMO, they've since drop that description) one ended up with injuries and sadly the other is dead.

The media also had "voice experts" listen to the screams on the 911 call who stated (w/o ever hearing TM's voice) that it was highly likely it was Trayvon screaming, despite the eyewitness testimony. Then we had a CNN "expert" in "tape analysis'"who insisted that GZ said the word F***ing C**ns, turns out he said F****ing Punks (which is what is in the Probable Cause Affidavit on page 2) Never did he utter a "racial slur"...

I have not taken a side in this truly tragic case (except briefly in the beginning when I (for one naive second) believed what the news media spewed out...

I was pissed and disgusted at the news media for the untruths that they fed the public...

GZ is not the RACIST OLDER WHITE MAN the public was led to believe and TM was (may he rest in peace) not the size of a 12 year old, neither young men are squeaky clean...

Angela Corey political posturing and proselytizing looks like it might bite her in the rear end...

I am incredibly saddened for Trayvon Martin's family.

My thoughts, sympathy and prayers go out to both families...

I will reserve judgement until ALL evidence is presented in court, if it makes it to a jury...

TY
I repeat for some of the 'so-called' experts.

LISTEN, It's pretty simple if one is objective and open-minded.

This guy Zimmerman appears 99% GUILTY as hell. He was told to stop Stalking Martin. He ignored that command. Obviously from witnesses and cell phone tape...Zimmerman instigated the trouble and subsequently , the kid is dead because of a person who was NOT authorized to impose himself....as only a Badge wearing officer of the Law is duly authorized TO DO.

I watched that sneaky guy in court yesterday. He strikes me as a Lying, cunning Con man, who wanted to be a 'power figure.'

That's my honest opinion, and I am confident of it. >>> GUILTY, as charged!

Old 04-21-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The evidence was looked at by the person that left his office. He is the only one that I have seen on TV that showed any judgment at all. I don't know his name but I have the greatest respect for him. I am so tired of publicity trying cases and these mobs pulling into town and changing things that didn't need changing in the first place. This case was looked at in an unbiased way in the first place and was found to be without merit by logical people that know the law. If there is a fair trial, the jury will find exactly what the police found in the first place. They were closer to the evidence and saw it as it was not as the TV stations twisted it. I believe in letting people do their jobs and showing respect for the law. This is not a trial, it is a circus.
The officer on the scene said that he should be arrested but from what I read the DA said no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies