Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,967,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Before this thread gets closed -

OMG...The CD politics and other controversies forum must be the homepage in mental instutions across America. WTF???? It is crazy to speak as if you know everything about this case because of what you saw on the news. I really will be glad when all of the facts come out and some of this craziness is put to rest and I mean that no matter what the outcome of the case is. The classless, tacky, disgusting idiots who attack a dead teenager and his parents are worse than Zimmerman. I don't feel sorry for the man but I don't believe that he ever thought he would murder an unarmed teenage boy - things went too far. The people on this forum who are attacking TM's character and his parents know exactly what they're doing, which makes them disgusting people.
Oh please... MR. Factsplease, you are as sheepish as the rest of them!

Look at your comments:

You say this...

Quote:
It is crazy to speak as if you know everything about this case because of what you saw on the news. I really will be glad when all of the facts come out and some of this craziness is put to rest and I mean that no matter what the outcome of the case is.
Then this...

Quote:
The classless, tacky, disgusting idiots who attack a dead teenager and his parents are worse than Zimmerman. I don't feel sorry for the man but I don't believe that he ever thought he would murder an unarmed teenage boy - things went too far.
Dance puppet! Dance for the crowd! /boggle

Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,338,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Is that so?

When were these alleged photos taken? Before or after GZ arrived at the police station?

It's amazing how fast his 'severe injuries' healed. Miraculous even.

Raw Video: Zimmerman at Fla. Police Station - YouTube

Strange, I was thing the same thing I wonder when he got home if he did not have his friend rough him up some more and then took pictures.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:13 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,599,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And yet, you still blame the victim. Why?
I don't blame the "victim." I admit that I don't know how it escalated. I originally thought the same way you think, but I also came to learn that I had incomplete and flawed information. I came to the conclusion that I do not have the full picture nor will I trust the information presented by the media enough to think that I do.

What I have said here is that the photos provide evidence to support Zimmerman's claim that he was on the bottom in a physical altercation and that his head was being slammed into the concrete. I have also allowed for the possibility that Martin could have been acting in self-defense (though I don't know what the allegations are about how it became physical to conclude that Martin was acting in defense), but that if he followed Zimmerman back to his car, then the situation is reversed. That is where an open and honest assessment of the available information leads.

What I have disputed is that the burden of proof lies with Zimmerman or that the photos prove that it was no big deal so he couldn't have been acting in self-defense.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:14 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,338,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That is what should have happened but I didn't read any where that it did. Seems that the EMT cleaned him up and that was it. The poor thing got beat to a "bloody pulp" but didn't need to go to the ER.

Has anyone heard anything from anyone claiming to be the EMT that supposely "cleaned him up"?

Old 04-20-2012, 02:15 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,967,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPassinThru View Post
You stated, "All media are liars."

me·di·a

1    /ˈmidiə/ Show Spelled[mee-dee-uh] Show IPA
noun 1. a plural of medium.

2. ( usually used with a plural verb ) the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, and magazines, that reach or influence people widely: The media are covering the speech tonight.

I asked, "Where do you get your information?" Then I asked, "Where do you get your information?" Now, I'm asking, "Where do you get your information?"
Ok...

If it is a government issue concerning a bill, I get it from the bill itself.

If it is an incident concerning a crime or such, I get it from the police report or public statements from the official agencies.

If I have to get it from the news, I cross reference multiple sources and then evaluate them. If it is an issue where a conclusion is not my responsibility, well... I leave it until an official source can substantiate it.

As I mentioned with the King case, my information was from the courts, the police reports, and the full video of the incident.

What are you trying to understand? Do I make a decision on what I may hear from the news? NO. HELL NO. I first consider them to be lying and if it is important enough for me to find the actual facts, I wait for them from the appropriate sources.

Good enough?

The news is sensationalist, lies, and garbage. Period.

3,436 posts, read 2,953,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Oh please... MR. Factsplease, you are as sheepish as the rest of them!

Look at your comments:

You say this...

Then this...

Dance puppet! Dance for the crowd! /boggle

That would be Ms. Factsplease and WTF are you talking about? I DON'T KNOW what the outcome of the case is going to be. NO ONE KNOWS. That is the point, yet we have people here saying that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman and Zimmerman did nothing, so matter of factly as if they were there and witnessed the entire thing from beginning to end. Unless you did, YOU DON'T KNOW who is guilty of what.

I don't feel bad for Zimmerman. I feel bad for Trayvon Martin's family who lost a son. I believe that if Zimmerman had not gotten out of his vehicle, Trayvon Martin would still be alive and Zimmerman would not have been charged with murder 2. Anyone who would attack the character of someone they know very little about and say things that they did not witness and don't know to be true as if they are, attack a dead teenager and his parents is a classless tacky idiot IN MY OPINION, which I am very much entitled to. Comprende?

10,545 posts, read 13,599,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Strange, I was thing the same thing I wonder when he got home if he did not have his friend rough him up some more and then took pictures.
They have verified the location and time of the photos.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:17 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,260,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Yes, a reasonable man who shoots somebody with a bag of Skittles dead.

Do you guys even listen to yourself? Holy mother of GOD. You are looking for ANY possible excuse to back up Zimmerman.

Look at those cuts on his head! He was obviously beaten! He had no choice but to shoot!!

Trayvon had been suspended from school!! So of COURSE he was up to no good!!!! Zimmerman was just protecting his neighborhood!

What was a BLACK kid doing in that community anyway???! He was looking to rob a house, so of course Zimmerman has to shoot him!!!

It's beyond pathetic. I really want to reserve judgement on Zimmerman but it is very difficult when the case is clearly stacked against him, and there are racist scum out there defending, to the end of the DAMNED earth, the killing of a black teenager.

Sure, you don't think it's racism, but it clearly is. Black teen = aggressor, White man = victim, even though the white man had a gun and shot the back teen dead. Makes sense, right? Zimmerman is clearly the victim. Innocent. Had no choice. Did the world a favor...

City-Data is a really good place to come when you want to lose all faith in humanity.
Great post. It's obvious some people in here have racial bias. This is exactly why this country continues to have so many racial issues. If the races were reversed, I have little doubt that Zimmerman would have been sitting in jail a long time ago.

There is NO evidence that points to Treyvon attacking Zimmerman yet some people seem to be willing to believe that Treyvon attacked Zimmerman than the other way around. Despite the fact that Zimmerman has a history of aggression, and he called Treyvon a racial name on the phone, despite the fact that Zimmerman was obviously following Treyvon, and had already relayed to the 911 dispatcher that he felt Treyvon was up to no good. Everything points to Zimmerman making several mistakes in his judgement, yet some people here continue to want to point the finger at Treyvon

I would say it's mind boggling but it's really not. Racism is still alive and well.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:19 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,472,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

I see that HOA as civilly liable for punitive damages in this tragic case.
No their not. State law trumps anything the HOA has to say. You say you work in legal?

Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM

32 posts, read 24,088 times
This is so strange. The moment the photo was shown with the bloody head and the bail was set......must have not sat well with people thinking TM was not the aggressor.

See when more and more of the truth comes out and it doesn't agree with their crazy comments, they go crazy. Hope you don't go kicking the dog or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.