Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,493,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Great post. It's obvious some people in here have racial bias. This is exactly why this country continues to have so many racial issues. If the races were reversed, I have little doubt that Zimmerman would have been sitting in jail a long time ago.

There is NO evidence that points to Treyvon attacking Zimmerman yet some people seem to be willing to believe that Treyvon attacked Zimmerman than the other way around. Despite the fact that Zimmerman has a history of aggression, and he called Treyvon a racial name on the phone, despite the fact that Zimmerman was obviously following Treyvon, and had already relayed to the 911 dispatcher that he felt Treyvon was up to no good. Everything points to Zimmerman making several mistakes in his judgement, yet some people here continue to want to point the finger at Treyvon

I would say it's mind boggling but it's really not. Racism is still alive and well.
And it's racism that you say what you say. Plain and simple for all to see. BTW, you have ALL of your facts wrong as usual.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:22 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,986,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I DON'T KNOW what the outcome of the case is going to be.
You don't know the outcome, but you make comments that attack Zimmerman as you did? Sell your smut to some idiot, you can't deny your own words.

Quote:
I don't feel bad for Zimmerman.
Ofcourse you don't, you have already passed judgement and bought into the BS that the media fed you. Dance puppet!

Quote:
I feel bad for Trayvon Martin's family who lost a son. I believe that if Zimmerman had not gotten out of his vehicle, Trayvon Martin would still be alive and Zimmerman would not have been charged with murder 2.
Ofcourse you do, again... puppet dance! You have already fell for the story the news fed you about some poor innocent child who was simply minding his own business and then some black hating white guy came up and accosted him. If only the evil white guy wouldn't have done this, poor little Tray would still be alive. Again.. dance puppet!

Quote:
Anyone who would attack the character of someone they know very little about and say things that they did not witness and don't know to be true as if they are, attack a dead teenager and his parents is a classless tacky idiot IN MY OPINION, which I am very much entitled to. Comprende?
Yet you will attack someone you do not know and condemn them.

You are delusional. You think you are making rational evaluations, but you are no different than the rest out there passing judgment over ridiculous emotional antics.

Again... Dance puppet!

Old 04-20-2012, 02:25 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,768,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It is how it works for me. You can't kill someone and then just expect me to take you at your word that it was justified self defense.

If I am on the jury and Zimmerman cannot provide evidence that proves to me that it was an act of self defense, than I would convict him of murder.
You are not the justice system.

6,993 posts, read 6,357,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Only if you accept what Zimmerman did consitutes a violent reaction on the part of Trayvon. Or that Trayvon had no other choice but to strike Zimmerman. He had other choices, he chose poorly as many youngsters do and paid for that wrong choice with his life. Sad story but such is life sometimes we don't get a chance to look back at the mistakes of our youth and laugh.
Zimmerman also had other choices, he chose poorly, as many not too bright, overzealous, wanna be cops do, and Trayvon paid for that wrong choice with his life.

1,259 posts, read 2,264,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And it's racism that you say what you say. Plain and simple for all to see. BTW, you have ALL of your facts wrong as usual.
No it's not. It's no secret that whites and blacks have a bad history. There were many cases in the past where black men were wrongly accused of crimes they did not commit. It is WELL documented.

And please, If you have some facts that point to something different please let me know???

Old 04-20-2012, 02:26 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,693,687 times
Would you feel the same way if an armed man followed your child around your neighborhood, scaring them until they finally confronted their stalker -- only to have the stalker "stand his ground" and kill your child?

Old 04-20-2012, 02:27 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,705,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Ok...

If it is a government issue concerning a bill, I get it from the bill itself.

If it is an incident concerning a crime or such, I get it from the police report or public statements from the official agencies.

If I have to get it from the news, I cross reference multiple sources and then evaluate them. If it is an issue where a conclusion is not my responsibility, well... I leave it until an official source can substantiate it.

As I mentioned with the King case, my information was from the courts, the police reports, and the full video of the incident.

What are you trying to understand? Do I make a decision on what I may hear from the news? NO. HELL NO. I first consider them to be lying and if it is important enough for me to find the actual facts, I wait for them from the appropriate sources.

Good enough?

The news is sensationalist, lies, and garbage. Period.
I'm really tempted to ask you what your non-media "multiple sources" and non-media "appropriate sources" are, but this has gone on long enough. I was only curious how an individual could proceed through life without forming an opinion on current events.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM

39,947 posts, read 26,672,163 times
Quote:
Great post. It's obvious some people in here have racial bias. This is exactly why this country continues to have so many racial issues. If the races were reversed, I have little doubt that Zimmerman would have been sitting in jail a long time ago.

There is NO evidence that points to Treyvon attacking Zimmerman yet some people seem to be willing to believe that Treyvon attacked Zimmerman than the other way around. Despite the fact that Zimmerman has a history of aggression, and he called Treyvon a racial name on the phone, despite the fact that Zimmerman was obviously following Treyvon, and had already relayed to the 911 dispatcher that he felt Treyvon was up to no good. Everything points to Zimmerman making several mistakes in his judgement, yet some people here continue to want to point the finger at Treyvon

I would say it's mind boggling but it's really not. Racism is still alive and well.
It's obvious some people in here have racial bias. This is exactly why this country continues to have so many racial issues. If the races were reversed, I have little doubt that the incident wouldn't have made front page news, been brought up as a racially motiviated issue or even discussed on C-D.

There is NO evidence that points to George attacking Martin yet some people seem to be willing to believe that George attacked Martin, in spite of his injuries and evidence to the contrary. Despite the fact that Martin has a history of problems with authority, has been caught in possession of stolen property, despite the fact that Martin obviously left his home to confront George. In spite of the fact that he had already notified the the 911 dispatcher that he was waiting for the police, and finally gave up and was walking back to his car. Everything points to Martin making several mistakes in his judgement, yet some people here continue to want to point the finger at George.

I would say it's mind boggling that so many people come down on someone for resisting a violent attach, but it's really not. Racism is still alive and well.

{presses button} that was easy

Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,493,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Would you feel the same way if an armed man followed your child around your neighborhood, scaring them until they finally confronted their stalker -- only to have the stalker "stand his ground" and kill your child?
Too bad that's not how it went down. Dream all you want, but there are NO facts that point to that is what happened.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:34 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,204,481 times
Quote:
There is NO evidence that points to Treyvon attacking Zimmerman yet some people seem to be willing to believe that Treyvon attacked Zimmerman than the other way around. Despite the fact that Zimmerman has a history of aggression, and he called Treyvon a racial name on the phone, despite the fact that Zimmerman was obviously following Treyvon, and had already relayed to the 911 dispatcher that he felt Treyvon was up to no good. Everything points to Zimmerman making several mistakes in his judgement, yet some people here continue to want to point the finger at Treyvon.
There is also NO evidence to contradict GZ's statement that Trayvon confronted him.

Zimmerman DID NOT use a racial slur. I listened to the 911 call and it was clear to me that he said "punk" which is also BTW in the State's Affidavit of Probable Cause sworn to and signed by the investigators. You can read it for yourself by clicking on the link I provided, it's on page 2.

I agree that GZ used poor judgement by getting out of his truck in the first place, he should have NEVER left his vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies