Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 03:32 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,516,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Thanks, jazzarama...too bad it's only a partial report. The full report was posted
before Zimmerman's arrest; I suppose it will be some time before we're able to see it again. Perhaps it will be entered into evidence once the trial starts.
yw.

If the full police report was posted, i never saw it. The Sanford web had the partial report.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Re the assault on a cop, gz wrote "The man knows he was wrong but still got this hump..." Though I don't know what 'but still got this hump' means, The man knows he was wrong means to me that the cops, prosecutor, state, pressed bull felony charges against him. I don't blame him for !!!!!!!! the reduction to a misdemeanor.

The mutual restraining orders, what's wrong with 'bragging' that --- 'the judge saw through it!'...

There's not a spec of evidence to support the notion his parents had any influence over the court dispositions. None.
Again, someone is changing the subject. Go back and read my post. I asked why he hid the MySpace page. This is how I began the paragraph...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Just an aside: Regarding his MySpace page, he could have used that immediately to prove he was not a racist. Obviously he knew it would harm him because of the negative image of him it portrays. However, I find it interesting that he would rather stir up a lot of rumors and hatred about his motives than post a few photos from an old MySpace page. Maybe it's because he's bragging that
Regarding Casey Anthony, if I recall, the photos were taken after her child was missing. Big difference. To me that was much more damaging, but apparently the jury didn't think so and that's all that matters, isn't it?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:36 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What I noticed, from reading the statues myself, especially assault, and from reading some of the reported statements made by Zimmerman at the crime scene and shortly thereafter, was that his reported statements seemed to be almost specifically "crafted" to fit those statutes in terms of "defending" himself. Then when I looked at the myspace page, and the posts made, it seemed to me that surely he had studied those statutes back when he was in trouble for those offenses the first time. I didn't go back and pull up the reported statements made regarding the Feb 26 incident, and do an analysis, that's far too much like "work" for an internet forum, but the connection in my mind seemed really strong.

I agree, his comments regarding 2005 cases may speak to his possible "education" "knowledge" of the legal system as it applies to assault. This could possibly open the door to the "Williams Rule" which will allow prosecutors to bring in his past arrests...

Old 05-02-2012, 03:38 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,414,667 times
Quote:
It's also a matter of class too. I mean, not only wouldn't I brag about getting 2 felony assaults reduced, but I wouldn't want anyone to even know about them. To me it shows he's bragging that he got off. I see no fear in these entries. The same way we saw no remorse when he shot Trayvon Martin, he isn't upset at all that a woman with whom he lived for years filed charges of domestic abuse. He's just happy the "hoe" didn't get her way.

Funny, the same people kept knocking Trayvon Martin for possibly smoking a little weed or posting a few slang words at age 17, probably to look cool, but Zimmerman gets a pass.

When the Martin family wanted to stop people from exploiting their dead son's image, posters here called them greedy and even implied that they were enjoying the fame and trying to make money from their tragedy. All I've seen are 2 grieving parents. His mother looks as if she's always holding back tears. Yet when we learn Zimmerman made over $200,000 in a couple of weeks and didn't disclose it in court, there are dozens of posts defending his actions. It's just too obvious. (and I don't need to say what "it" is)
It seems that the "donations" issue in terms of use of the money has been corrected. The new site has an administrator of the fund, and neither Zimmerman nor his attorney can withdraw monies; the administrator is in complete charge of that now, and withdrawals will be determined by him. Apparently the administrator will also create a budget for Zimmerman's living expenses.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
I agree, his comments regarding 2005 cases may speak to his possible "education" "knowledge" of the legal system as it applies to assault. This could possibly open the door to the "Williams Rule" which will allow prosecutors to bring in his past arrests...
And maybe that's what O'Mara was thinking, among other things, when he stated that they would not comment on those pages because they could possibly be used at the trial.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Thanks, jazzarama...too bad it's only a partial report. The full report was posted
before Zimmerman's arrest; I suppose it will be some time before we're able to see it again. Perhaps it will be entered into evidence once the trial starts.
I just shaved my legs and I'm bleeding too. The police are not medical professionals. What did the EMT put in his report?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:43 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,199,036 times
Quote:
And maybe that's what O'Mara was thinking, among other things, when he stated that they would not comment on those pages because they could possibly be used at the trial.
Exactly, he also implied IMO the possibility of bringing TM social media presence in as well...

"We believe that inviting public scrutiny of the contents of this social media account invites scrutiny of the social media accounts of all parties involved. While these social media accounts may be public, we will not comment on them publicly, as they may be part of the evidence produced at trial"

Old 05-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
It is fairly common.
Yes, for first time offenders it's not uncommon. The reason these are brought up, not just here, but by the prosecution, is that they show a pattern of behavior.

I guess how people look at these arrests depends on the crowd you hang with, since I don't know many people who have all this crap in their background. Maybe they do from 30 years ago, however, and changed their lives. (something Trayvon Martin won't get the chance to do) I suppose we never know people until something pops up, which is why they should stop posting personal stuff on the internet.

Gosh, if I get into trouble, will all my City-Data comments be entered into evidence?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I suppose if he knew what would happen in 2012, it'd be stupid. Otherwise, probably anyone who's beat a speeding ticket has 'boasted'. 'Boasted' seems to be the media word for the !!!!!!! in his blog, so it's boasted instead of happy, yahoo !!!!!!
It wasn't a speeding ticket. Smart people know better than to publicly, in writing, make such statements because they realize they don't actually know what the future holds. As a matter of fact, many incarcerated individuals were more street smart than to do something like that. Zimmerman could have simply have said that he won in court, period.

Actually, IMO, people making those kinds of (your words) "happy yahoo" statements which Zimmerman made on social media these days are not very bright either.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:55 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,516,315 times
Quote:
It's also a matter of class too. I mean, not only wouldn't I brag about getting 2 felony assaults reduced, but I wouldn't want anyone to even know about them. To me it shows he's bragging that he got off. I see no fear in these entries. The same way we saw no remorse when he shot Trayvon Martin, he isn't upset at all that a woman with whom he lived for years filed charges of domestic abuse. He's just happy the "hoe" didn't get her way.
[snip]
[snip]
Why shouldn't he be happy the 'hoe' didn't get her way and the judge saw right thru her ?

Why shouldn't he be happy ['brag' if you accept media word] 2 felonies were reduced to a misdemeanor ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies