Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2012, 09:24 AM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, NW may rethink. I was thinking recently this may be the end of NW programs. Interestingly, NW has been around a long time, yet I believe this is the first time an NW poseur has killed anyone. It's given NW a bad name.
I'm curious, and haven't been able to find any data? Is this the first time a Neighborhood Watch volunteer has been assaulted?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:38 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Well, you were questioning the decision, in bold no less. Maybe they know more than you do?
I was wondering why a legal defense fund is to be treated as a personal asset.

In the United States, a legal defense fund (or LDF) is an account set up to pay for legal expenses, which can include attorneys' fees, court filings, litigation costs, legal advice, or other legal fees. The fund can be public or private and is set up for individuals, organizations, or for a particular purpose. These funds are often used by government public officials, civil rights organizations, and public interest organizations.
Legal defense funds often have large membership counts where the members contribute to the fund. The fund sometimes is or operates like a law firm, where teams of attorneys provide legal services through litigation.[1] Contrary to the name, attorneys working for legal defense funds both file and defend lawsuit. Unlike legal financing from legal financing companies, legal defense funds provide a separate account for litigation rather than a one-time cash advancement, though both are used for purposes of financing litigation and legal costs.

Old 06-04-2012, 09:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'm curious, and haven't been able to find any data? Is this the first time a Neighborhood Watch volunteer has been assaulted?
First of all, it's not certain that GZ was assaulted. Secondly, that whole discussion was a game being played by that poster, to deflect. It's been discussed before, numerous times. The rest of us weren't playing this time. It's like some of the birther threads that go over and over the same material dozens, if not hundreds, of times.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 06-04-2012 at 09:55 AM..

Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
First of all, it's not certain that GZ was assaulted. Secondly, that whole discussion was a game being played by that poster, to deflect. It's been discussed before, numerous times. The rest of us weren't playing this time. It's like some of the birther threads that go over and over the same material dozens, if not hundreds, of times.
How is it not certain that he was assaulted? The injuries? The affidavit even references a struggle.

You seriously think he beat himself up?

Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
How is it not certain that he was assaulted? The injuries? The affidavit even references a struggle.

We do not know who started the altercation.

I would like to add to my previous post-GZ was NOT acting in capacity of Neighorhood Watch at the time he KILLED Trayvon Martin. (Once more, for emphasis, LOL!)

Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post

I don't think anyone except gz will ever know who threw the 1st punch. He could have thrown a punch and missed or hit and not left a bruise. It may matter in a common sense or he deserved to get beat up way, but legally ? Not too much.

Yes, I think some people give gz credit for knowing all aspects of syg and self defense laws and setting up a defense to murder. He knew claiming to yell for 'help' would be good. His father was is a super influential 'judge.' He inflicted the injuries himself and had his family friend doctor help with the reports. His big problem was not giving himself serious enough injuries.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:26 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I guess alot blacks will start thinking that way when a white/latino walks through their neighborhood as well
Really? Most whites know better than walking or even driving through a black neighborhood.....

Old 06-04-2012, 10:30 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
I know. I know. How about a thread discussing the well known and verifiable data showing that Blacks who represent 14% of US population also represent over 40% of all inmate population in the US and how this fact affects the way Blacks are perceived by the rest of population?

PS. I know, I know: even mentioning this facts, provided by the federal government, makes me a bigot and a racist.

Last edited by rebel12; 06-04-2012 at 11:29 AM..

Old 06-04-2012, 10:40 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Could you repeat that in English, please? what are "safaris" and "bings"?

LOL

No kidding!

I have about given up trying to make any sense of that poster's incoherent ramblings.

I know what a "safari" is and a "bing" is a type of cherry - neither of which makes any sense in the context of that post.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,266,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Very few? Then who are all these yahoos who've given Zimmerman more than 200 grand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Not just yahoos, safaris ,bings, ang google heads gave as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Could you repeat that in English, please? what are "safaris" and "bings"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOL

No kidding!

I have about given up trying to make any sense of that poster's incoherent ramblings.

I know what a "safari" is and a "bing" is a type of cherry - neither of which makes any sense in the context of that post.
I am not sure if y'all are joking but it was a play on 'yahoo' with other internet terms, Safari (Apple's browser), Bing (Microsoft search engine), Google (search engine etc)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies