Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times

Advertisements

An obvious jab at Romney.

But, Obama is an out of touch, redistributionist elite.

If anyone thinks that Obama is in touch with mainstreet they are nuts.

Not that it really matters if a candidate is or isn't in touch with mainstreet, but I don't think trying to divide people with class warfare is good for the country.

Obama hasn't done anything to help average people get jobs.

Obama may not have as much money as Romney, but he's very well off. Maybe by the time he's Romney's age he'll make even more than Romney.

Why would anyone be swayed by Obama's not being born with a silver spoon in his mouth gimmick?

I thought he was born with golden retriever in his mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 11:51 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
I find it utterly astounding that someone born as poor as Obama, could non stop criticize and want to change a society which has allowed him to succeed as greatly as he has.

Hypocrite comes to mind..

Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I find it utterly astounding that someone born as poor as Obama, could non stop criticize and want to change a society which has allowed him to succeed as greatly as he has.

Hypocrite comes to mind..
That's a good point.

Why don't people see that?

Old 04-20-2012, 11:54 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
One only has to read his book to see he hasn't ever had a real job which is obvious by his leadership results. We need results not speeches.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:59 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,349,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
An obvious jab at Romney.

But, Obama is an out of touch, redistributionist elite.

If anyone thinks that Obama is in touch with mainstreet they are nuts.

Not that it really matters if a candidate is or isn't in touch with mainstreet, but I don't think trying to divide people with class warfare is good for the country.

Obama hasn't done anything to help average people get jobs.

Obama may not have as much money as Romney, but he's very well off. Maybe by the time he's Romney's age he'll make even more than Romney.

Why would anyone be swayed by Obama's not being born with a silver spoon in his mouth gimmick?

I thought he was born with golden retriever in his mouth.

They don't have silver spoons in Kenya?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Romney was not born with a silver spoon in his mouth relative to his current wealth. Romney is a self-made millionaire through his own hard work, including business success and business failure.

Obama is stooping this low because he knows that his core constituency is ankle-level in their intellect and ability to call him out on his lies.

As i've said 1,000 times.....Barack Obama thinks you're stupid. But to be fair, most of Barack Obama's supporters actually are stupid.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:20 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Obama was born poor? His father who abandoned him, was part of the educated elite in his country. his mother's family came on the Mayflower and were far from poor. They were upper middle class.

His background and experiences as a child would be foreign to 99.9% of this country. He has some nerve calling out Mitt Romney's childhood.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Obama was born poor? His father who abandoned him, was part of the educated elite in his country. his mother's family came on the Mayflower and were far from poor. They were upper middle class.

His background and experiences as a child would be foreign to 99.9% of this country. He has some nerve calling out Mitt Romney's childhood.
Exactly right. His only experience with the poor working class was convincing them that they were disenfranchised voters in order to further Chicago Thug Politics (which he ultimately used and benefited from). This guy is no "regular Joe" and he doesn't have a connection to the black community. It's all one big farce.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:36 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

I respect you, for realizing just what Obama is doing. How come though so many cannot and won't understand what he is doing.
Who does Carney think he is, we most of the people know exactly who Obama meant, and that was a jab at Romney.
I respect people who come from a hard work ethic family.
What i don't respect are those who bi--- about what they don't have, can hardly pay thier bills, buy things to me of non importance. And then have the neve and gull to put those who work hard down.
Yet they continue their lifestyle, and do not one thing to change their circumstances for the better, and yes i know people like this.
I came from a hard work ethic family, and believe in it to this day, cannot achieve a thing, if you sit idle by, and let this happen
When my husband and i were both first married and having a hard time of it, we did not think a thing of working 3 jobs at a time, no matter how hard it was, it was something we did.
And yes it has paid off, because although we were not born with silver spoons in our mouth either, becasue of our hard work ethics, and sacrifice things have definitely improved for the better in our lives.
I am glad people like you can see what obama is getting at.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
“Really, this ‘silver spoon’ business?” Coulter said. “Are they going to do that about every Republican while simultaneously revering FDR and JFK? They really were pure silver spoon aristocrats inheriting all their money. Mitt Romney gave away all the money he inherited. He made it on his own.”

“And the silver spoon Obama got — I mean that generation, it can’t be denied, you can’t support affirmative action and then pretend it doesn’t exist. You don’t transfer from Occidental, which by his own accounts in his autobiography he mostly spent smoking pot, to a fine Ivy League university like Columbia if you’re not checking off ‘black’ on your application. So you know, the silver spoon since I’ve been alive has been an affirmative action silver spoon.”
Ann Coulter | Silver Spoon | Barack Obama | Mitt Romney | The Daily Caller
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies