Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,509,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You're wrong. Slow and your r word is not the same. There are people that are slow that does not have downs syndrome. You will never see me use the r word because it is offensive.
You are correct.

Down's syndrome is not the only form of retardation and that term "retarded" is only offensive when used as I used it; in an offensive way.

Had I used the term as it originated in medical practice such as "retarded developement" it quite rightly may have been used to describe anything from a mentally challenged person to somone having a genetic pre-disposition to growth restriction of some part of their body.

Last edited by BruSan; 04-25-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 10:46 AM

46,978 posts, read 26,041,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Newton County, GEORGIA
Oops, I stand corrected. The hypothetical still holds, I guess.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You're clearly not responding to anything I posted.

Oh my! You are very correct!

My sincere aplogies as I was intending to respond to the very post by "Harrier" that you responded to and too quickly clicked on the wrong post instead of going back to his and "quoting" it.

My bad. I'm indeed sorry for my error.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:57 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,817,653 times
Okay so the neighbors are stupid, but did the cops really think grandpa and grandma were burglers???!! SMH.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,016,001 times
Quote:
And what made it worse, because they didn't have proof on them, the cops arrests them. Thank goodness, these gun nuts didn't have itchy trigger fingers or it would have been very bad.
If it was an empty house that was vacant for 7 months as the article states, then how the heck were these two "neighborly" idiots protecting the house from being burgled in the first place???

Old 04-25-2012, 11:08 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,210,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Okay so the neighbors are stupid, but did the cops really think grandpa and grandma were burglers???!! SMH.
Because we all know burglars change locks as part of their heists.

I've changed locks. It usually involves, surprise, new locks. Which involves packaging. Which you tend to open up and then leave next to you so you can read the instructions on how to put the lock in.

I picture this couple standing there with their hands up while the town's local Rambos (AR-15's? Really?) are practically tripping over the packaging on the front step. And the cops say, "Good job" (Probably while they kick the packaging, and maybe the old locks, off the porch into the bushes.)

Sleep tight America.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
If it was an empty house that was vacant for 7 months as the article states, then how the heck were these two "neighborly" idiots protecting the house from being burgled in the first place???

In that context; perhaps the claim by them "we look after our own" means they are so fixated on the welfare of their neighbours, they hadn't even realized they'd moved out 7 months prior? Yep!

Old 04-25-2012, 11:20 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,910,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Because we all know burglars change locks as part of their heists.

I've changed locks. It usually involves, surprise, new locks. Which involves packaging. Which you tend to open up and then leave next to you so you can read the instructions on how to put the lock in.

I picture this couple standing there with their hands up while the town's local Rambos (AR-15's? Really?) are practically tripping over the packaging on the front step. And the cops say, "Good job" (Probably while they kick the packaging, and maybe the old locks, off the porch into the bushes.)

Sleep tight America.
Not because I think the neighbors acted properly at all, but I do know of vacant homes in rural areas near where I live, where people have set up meth labs, and have changed locks. While meth labs have become small and mobile enough that there have been incidents of people setting up shop in gas station bathrooms, the privacy of a vacant rural house can be quite attractive to people wanting to set up such an operation.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:23 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,212,498 times
Quote:
And what made it worse, because they didn't have proof on them, the cops arrests them. Thank goodness, these gun nuts didn't have itchy trigger fingers or it would have been very bad.

strange, when I read the story, I did not see anything about the race of the people with the firearms. for all we know, they could have been from mars and had lasers guns as weapons.

good ole boys suggest you are talking about whitetrash or rednecks.

way to label people.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:31 AM

487 posts, read 1,817,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
strange, when I read the story, I did not see anything about the race of the people with the firearms. for all we know, they could have been from mars and had lasers guns as weapons.

good ole boys suggest you are talking about whitetrash or rednecks.

way to label people.
Did you even click the Op's link- it clearly shows who the neighbors are Newton County neighbors charged after home buyers' arrests *| ajc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies