Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 04:12 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Why don't you Liberals elect federal representatives that won't accept bribes?
And which representatives are those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 04:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
Big state governments don't work any better than big federal government does. For an example. look what the biggest state governments and what their massive regulations have done to increase the cost of health care insurance.
Affordability would improve if consumers could escape states where each policy is loaded with mandates. "If consumers do not want expensive 'Cadillac' health plans that pay for acupuncture, fertility treatments or hairpieces, they could buy from insurers in a state that does not mandate such benefits,"
Insurance Companies Should Be Allowed to Sell Policies Across State Lines - WSJ.com

Old 04-22-2012, 04:24 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
-kshe points the same finger back at yooperkat-
OK, that's fair.

But, Republicans already want smaller government.

Why don't Democrats in government take that big first step and stop taking bribes before Republicans? ( none of them should )

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a shame that someone has to put forth this idea of smaller govt. just to cut down on bad results for the American people due to Congressmen and administrations that can't turn down bribes.

Ya want good results? Elect honest politicians. Did I just say that out loud?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:28 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
You are say one thing while the other is true. You want less central control over production and the fruits of that prodccutio but want liberal policies. They don't go together because polices take financing. Perhaps socially in feelig your liberal but that means who have to come up with financing to make the polices work;otherwise its just talk. Liberals believe in more central control of the economy to fiance their polcies ;plain and simple.The most conservtive be;eive in perosnal responsibilty and that extends to perosnal charty work and such. Not rely on governt to decide who gets it and who pays;they do. Its kind of Funny because Bill Clinton is goig aroud the country makig speech on just this responsibilty of individauls bascialyl sayig the polics of poverty does not work.Wesee this same approach with the gates foundation which means to distribute the welth themslef rather than thru trnasfer the government has much as possible.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
OK, that's fair.

Why don't Democrats in government take that big first step and stop taking bribes before Republicans? ( none of them should )

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a shame that someone has to put forth this idea of smaller govt. just to cut down on bad results for the American people due to Congressmen and administrations that can't turn down bribes.

You want to elect honest politicians? Get honest people to run.

Old 04-22-2012, 04:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_610719_ALvTi2IAAGb3T5SGWwhTqx %2BLjcA&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 (broken link)

Old 04-22-2012, 04:37 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
OK, that's fair.

Heres the question that really begs to be asked;
Why does either side put up with it?
My husband is a conservative, you already know I am not.....this question is a source of endless debate between us.
Why do we put up with it on both sides?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:46 PM

Quote:
My husband is a conservative, you already know I am not.....this question is a source of endless debate between us.
Since the country is a representative democracy we have a representation of the majority of folks in the voting group: biased or uninformed. Ask an average voter what their representative stands for and whether or not it's right and why. Most wouldn't be able to properly answer!

Old 04-22-2012, 04:49 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times
Quote:

Good question.

And what is EVERYBODY going to do about it?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Good question.

And what is EVERYBODY going to do about it?
You have to realize that most people are apathetic about the serious issues of our corrupt government. Until the informed voters take their time to sit down and inform them, you'll always have people who will vote because of the party like or because of what they see on tv. Government is a complex system where problems are supposed to be evaluated candidate by candidate and issue by issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies