Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 05:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,761,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Actually, to the contrary, whites are very much aware of their privilege, hence the vitriol aimed at Obama. A Black man occupying the highest office in the land, and quite possibly the most powerful person in the world, represents a direct threat to that privilege and therefore by extension, to white supremacy itself.

Witnessing the insults, sleights and outright disrespect hurled at Obama by whites is actually instructive in that it gives us a gateway into the psychology of whites. The things that they say about Obama mirror how they feel about themselves or more precisely, how Obama being president of the US makes them feel. So when Obama is criticized as being incompetent, what they are really saying is that Obama as president of the US makes them feel incompetent. When he is called a failure, what's really being said is that Obama as president of the US makes them feel like a failure. When Obama is called a POS, what's really being said is that Obama as the president of the US makes them feel like a POS.

These types of insults and sleights develop out of whites feeling that their privileged status is under assault by the presence of a black man occupying the highest office in the land.
Now you can tell me how I really felt when I critisized and blamed Bush.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:34 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,551,419 times
I used to sympathize with American blacks until I spent 5 years in Atlanta, GA. Now I know from direct experience that they cause most of their own problems. Get your act together and then maybe the rest of us will give a damn.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:01 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,666,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
DEAR WHITE FOLKS: You Don't Know How Easy You Have It - News & Views - EBONY

Dear White folks:
Between the racist comments, the constant use of the race denial card (this country's most frequently used "race card") and the absurd claims of White victimhood, you have really grated my last nerve.

Sure, we got teary during The Blind Side and Antoine Fisher; we maybe even gave money to KONY2012 and after Hurricane Katrina; we maybe even donned a hoodie to protest the murder of Trayvon Martin.

Season that link with (Some profanity.)

Louis CK - Being White - YouTube

Oh yeahhh ...Oh yeaaahhh

Old 04-23-2012, 06:17 AM

566 posts, read 959,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Talk to the half Filipino, half Native Americans. They don't have it so easy.
lol Nonsense. If you have money, you have it easy; if you don't have money, you don't have it easy. Race doesn't matter when you have money or have the means to make decent money as virtually everything in life comes down to money.

It's really that simple.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:41 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,228,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Could you define this, please? OTM could mean anyone from Latin America south of Mexico. Are you referring to Muslims (Mid_eastern Muslims, not Latino Muslims) crossing the border illegally? If so, could provide a link to an article on that?
OTM's come from many different countries and most of those apprehended have entered the US through Texas.

Quote:
According to the report, "hundreds" of OTM illegal aliens from special interest countries from countries including Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Pakistan, Cuba, Brazil, Ecuador, China, Russia, Yemen, Albania, Yugoslavia and Afghanistan have been apprehended in the South Texas region alone since September 11, 2001.

"Just recently, U.S. intelligence officials report that seven Iraqis were found in Brownsville, Texas in June 2006. In August 2006, an Afghani man was found swimming across the Rio Grande River in Hidalgo, Texas; as recently as October 2006, seven Chinese were apprehended in the Rio Grande Valley area of Texas."
Terrorists: The Other Illegal Immigrants - Islamic terrorists are using the Southwest border as a gateway to the United States, House Report Shows

The most recent information I was able to find was from 2006. There are many links to other sources in this link.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,739,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
More than likely, most of us white folks don't. And the vast majority of us never even give it a second thought. We just kinda go on the assumption that life's about the same for all Americans. We all have good days and bad days. We have our little triumphs and tragedies and figure that our lives mirror those of 300 million others.

It's uncomfortable to think that the reality could be very different from our fantasies.
No one doubts that the lives of black Americans are significantly worse than those of other groups in this country. The question is why? Liberals, black and white, point to racism and the vestiges of slavery as the cause. Does racism against blacks still persist? Yes. Is there a legacy of slavery and Jim Crow that is handicapping blacks? Hard to say, but possibly. But those are hardly the issues holding blacks back today.

When 75% of black children are born out of wedlock, they already have two strikes against them. Likely they will grow up into the same poverty in which they were born. Then they are condemned to substandard, union-controlled schools, leading to failure and high dropout rates. Strike three. And the legacy is passed down from one generation to the next.

I'm not writing anything new here. Bill Cosby has been saying much the same thing for some time now. The social pathologies endemic in the black communites will not be cured by fanning white guilt or more government programs. The answers must be found within those communites.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,561,952 times
Quote:
Actually, to the contrary, whites are very much aware of their privilege, hence the vitriol aimed at Obama. A Black man occupying the highest office in the land, and quite possibly the most powerful person in the world, represents a direct threat to that privilege and therefore by extension, to white supremacy itself.

Witnessing the insults, sleights and outright disrespect hurled at Obama by whites is actually instructive in that it gives us a gateway into the psychology of whites. The things that they say about Obama mirror how they feel about themselves or more precisely, how Obama being president of the US makes them feel. So when Obama is criticized as being incompetent, what they are really saying is that Obama as president of the US makes them feel incompetent. When he is called a failure, what's really being said is that Obama as president of the US makes them feel like a failure. When Obama is called a POS, what's really being said is that Obama as the president of the US makes them feel like a POS.

These types of insults and sleights develop out of whites feeling that their privileged status is under assault by the presence of a black man occupying the highest office in the land.
I know a few black who equally attack Obama, I can guarantee if someone like Alan West was in the White House you would see those same people who bash Obama turn in to very big supporters. I'll certainly prefer West to Romney.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:17 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,436,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I suggest that the Op look at just who holds the most hand gun i their hands when blacks are killed. Then loo at the highest cause of death amoug young black men and who holds those guns that shot them. I thni perhaps like Cosby says blacks tunr a bilnd eye to the real problems to live with the real facts starring them i nthe face.
Ok yada yada... That argument, that black people are their own worst enemy has become about as stale and illegitimate as the whine about race card abuse, in that both issues are evident if not prevalent in both black and white communities.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:28 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,933,975 times
Quote:

You're all but saying ALL "whites" hate Obama cause he's part Black. Tell THAT to those whites who voted for him. Then let's take a look at the hood rats calling a Black boy who wants to do well in school "acting white". Till Black society as a group really starts putting those hood rats in their place; way too many Black people will remain ghetto.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:33 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,933,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Ok yada yada... That argument, that black people are their own worst enemy has become about as stale and illegitimate as the whine about race card abuse, in that both issues are evident if not prevalent in both black and white communities.
The truth hurts. Hood rats ARE their own worst enemies. The race card don't work cause most Black Africans here, the ones who came as free men and women, have a huge "git 'er done' attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies