Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2012, 02:08 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,319,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
DEAR WHITE FOLKS: You Don't Know How Easy You Have It - News & Views - EBONY

Dear White folks:
Between the racist comments, the constant use of the race denial card (this country's most frequently used "race card") and the absurd claims of White victimhood, you have really grated my last nerve.

Sure, we got teary during The Blind Side and Antoine Fisher; we maybe even gave money to KONY2012 and after Hurricane Katrina; we maybe even donned a hoodie to protest the murder of Trayvon Martin.

Season that link with (Some profanity.)

Louis CK - Being White - YouTube
I got to give the guy credit for being honest.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
I will admit that we have it better than blacks. We go to the better schools and the better colleges (honestly when I was at UCLA, if it wasn't for athletic scholarships, there would have been few if any blacks there) and we always land on top because, after all, it is our system. It was created by us and is run by us. But that does not mean all of us are racist and don't want to help black and brown people.
Thank you for your candor.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:11 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,459,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Africa, land of opportunity, awaits your shining intellect.
As Cuba awaits you.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Talk about a bunch of bull. In MOST of "Black" Africa the whites have been out of power for what, 45-50 years now? What's the excuse of those countries NOW for be basketcases?
It takes more than 50 years to undue about 500 years of exploitation. But they are progressing just fine. Based on their natural resources, and growing economy the long term growth prospects for Africa are among the best in the world. .

World Bank expects faster economic growth for Africa in 2012 despite volatile global economy

Quote:
The World Bank says economic growth in sub-Sahara Africa remains strong and is poised for a lift-off in 2012 after growing at 4.9% in 2011, just shy of the pre-crisis average of 5%.

Excluding South Africa, which accounts for over a third of the region’s GDP, growth in the rest of the region was 5.9%, making it one of the fastest growing developing regions, indicates a new World Bank report on Africa’s economy.

The report, Africa’s Pulse, according to a World Bank press release April 18, 2012, said over a third of the countries in the region attained growth rates of at least 6%, with another 40% growing between 4 – 6%. Among fast- growing economies in 2011 were resource-rich countries such as Ghana, Mozambique, and Nigeria, as well as other economies such as Rwanda and Ethiopia, all posting growth rates of at least 7% in 2011.

“In view of the turbulence that has beset the global economy in the last five years, many would be right to think that the prospects for Africa are terrible. But as this issue of Africa’s Pulse shows, African economies continue to show resilience and some of the fastest-growing economies in the world are now in Africa. The urgent agenda remains sustaining the macroeconomic reforms while accelerating the structural reforms that will deliver the right quality of growth that creates jobs and raises incomes on the continent,” says Obiageli ‘Oby’ Ezekwesili, World Bank’s Vice President for Africa.

Economy of Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
In the past ten years, growth in Africa has surpassed that of East Asia, including Japan.[8]Data suggest parts of the continent are now experiencing fast growth. The amount of growth that has been occuring is comprable or greater to that of the Asian Tiger, Latin Puma markets, gaining them the new nickname, the Lion Markets.[9] The World Bank reports the economy of Sub-Saharan African countries grew at rates that match or surpass global rate

Old 04-23-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
If the black community spent near as much time worrying about black on black shootings as they spend on black on white shootings, there would be a lot more blacks alive in the US today. Clean your own house before you complain about the dirt in someone elses.

For a lot of White folks the thought of even more Black Americans is absolutely frightening. Especially in light of the increases in the Hispance population.

But here the kicker for you based on U.S. Census states with all the shootings and other problems:

The population growth rate for non-Hispanic White Americans between 2000 and 2009 was 2.2%

The population growth rate for non-Hispanic Black Americans was 9.8%.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Its been here awhile, its called NAACP.
Feel free to cite any incidences of the NAACP, lynching, shooting or firebombing White Americans.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I think this opens up a whole new can of worms. You can't have a society of all equals.
Not everybody can have equal opportunity.

Not everybody can have equal outcomes.

But EVERYBODY in this country should have equal rights and be treated fairly.

If you don't believe in that then America, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence are just a lies.

Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,459,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
It takes more than 50 years to undue about 500 years of exploitation. But they are progressing just fine. Based on their natural resources, and growing economy the long term growth prospects for Africa are among the best in the world. .

World Bank expects faster economic growth for Africa in 2012 despite volatile global economy

Economy of Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Again what is it with you and math?

Old 04-23-2012, 03:20 PM

102,270 posts, read 108,324,694 times
Bravo, JazzyGuy! (We need a clapping emoticon)

There are success stories in Africa. Botswana, for example. (How many of you cranks know anything at all about Botswana, like...where it's located, for starters?) That's why Clinton went there, to highlight success stories. Sorry to disappoint you with that bit of good news. How many of you know anything in-depth about Africa, the history of colonialism and post-colonialist economic policy of developed nations in relation to Africa, etc? I suggest you educate yourselves before trying to palm off mere rants full of stereotypes and vitriol as "debate" (let alone "informed debate", oh that might be too much to ask!)

Old 04-23-2012, 03:42 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,860,326 times
I live in a fairly diverse area, all things considered. I've found that if anyone of any race chooses to bring themselves up, they can do so. Do whites have fewer obstacles? Probably. But I'm tired of being blamed for someone else's problems because of MY race, that's just as bad as if I wanted to blame someone of another race for mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies