Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:48 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,316,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
You got a creditable source beside some sensationalist rant by AJ?

Anyhow, in my world the economy has been sky rocketing for the last 10 yrs and expected to continue an upward climb well into the next 10 yrs. The only people not working here is those people who does not want to work.
The articles were not written by A.J. Only posted on his site. The statistics in the article are not the authors of the articles.

"The only people not working here is those people who does not want to work."

That's an insane comment in these times. This article blows that statement away:

Prison Planet.com » Epic Fail – Part One

You must not have read it.

For those of you doing well. Congratulations. It means nothing macro-economically. An economy where half the population of those who even have jobs earn under $30,000 a year in 2012 is NOT SUSTAINABLE. Everyone will learn this the hard way in the not too distant future. In the Northeast and the other coast where the majority of the population live you can barely survive or not survive at all without help. Anyone who says you can is lying or in some very "unique" circumstances.

If you're doing well, great. But study the game musical chairs. For a nation to be successful and sustainable you're going to need more than a few winners. Remember this is all very recent. Up until 2000 everything was pretty normal. It's only been 4 years since 2008. If things continue as they are there will be civil unrest in this country at some point. Bet on it. The powers that be know this and ARE making preparations. They know the true state of the economy but they're not going to broadcast it to the slaves on the state news networks. Yes, I said it, state news networks. Just like N.A.Z.I. Germany, China and the U.S.S.R. And make no mistake that's exactly what they are. Including the "mainstream" print media.

By the way a lot of the "Job postings" on the internet are fake or the same job worded differently a few different times. The government is behind some of these also to hide the true state of the "economy". I will try to find the source to this statement. I had it and should have saved it.

And anyone that reads my posts knows that I'm not posting this because of "Obama", "Barry Sotoro" or whoever this guy is who the TPTB dug up. Anyone who thinks electing Romni President will help them needs a brain transplant. Both parties are owned and run by the same people. But if you have not figured that out by now there's probably not a lot of "hope" (pun intended LOL ) for you.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
I have to choose between 4 offers. A PostDoc @ Oak Ridge labs, a FedGov research position, IBM's Watson project (from Jeopardy), and a faculty job in Kalifornia. No worries here.
Let me guess you didn't major in gender studies?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:52 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
I have to choose between 4 offers. A PostDoc @ Oak Ridge labs, a FedGov research position, IBM's Watson project (from Jeopardy), and a faculty job in Kalifornia. No worries here.
I would pick Oak Ridge National Labratory..Might help with a Nuclear Fusion breakthrough and get to use the US ITER and make it more efficent..

Plus they have the world 2nd most powerful supercomputer and those are some interesting things to have at work.I wonder if on lunch you can use the supercompter to do your taxes on

Old 04-23-2012, 05:54 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Hrmm.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

In the goods-producing sector, manufacturing added 50,000 jobs. Nearly
all of the increase occurred in durable goods manufacturing, with job
growth in fabricated metal products (+11,000), machinery (+11,000),
and motor vehicles and parts (+8,000). Durable goods manufacturing has
added 418,000 jobs over the past 2 years.

Employment in construction increased by 21,000 in January, following a
gain of 31,000 in the previous month. Over the past 2 months,
nonresidential specialty trade contractors added 30,000 jobs.

Mining added 10,000 jobs in January, with most of the gain in support
activities for mining (+8,000). Since a recent low in October 2009,
mining employment has expanded by 172,000.

The average workweek for all employees on private nonfarm payrolls was
unchanged in January. The manufacturing workweek increased by 0.3 hour to 40.9 hours, and factory overtime increased by 0.1 hour to 3.4
hours. The average workweek for production and nonsupervisory
employees on private nonfarm payrolls edged up by 0.1 hour to 33.8
hours.

Be glad Counsel rested before they presented employment data. It would've broken their case.

Employment Situation Summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
The articles were not written by A.J. Only posted on his site. The statistics in the article are not the authors of the articles.

"The only people not working here is those people who does not want to work."

That's an insane comment in these times. This article blows that statement away:

Prison Planet.com » Epic Fail – Part One

You must not have read it.

For those of you doing well. Congratulations. It means nothing macro-economically. An economy where half the population of those who even have jobs earn under $30,000 a year in 2012 is NOT SUSTAINABLE. Everyone will learn this the hard way in the not too distant future. In the Northeast and the other coast where the majority of the population live you can barely survive or not survive at all without help. Anyone who says you can is lying or in some very "unique" circumstances.

If you're doing well, great. But study the game musical chairs. For a nation to be successful and sustainable you're going to need more than a few winners. Remember this is all very recent. Up until 2000 everything was pretty normal. It's only been 4 years since 2008. If things continue as they are there will be civil unrest in this country at some point. Bet on it. The powers that be know this and ARE making preparations. They know the true state of the economy but they're not going to broadcast it to the slaves on the state news networks. Yes, I said it, state news networks. Just like N.A.Z.I. Germany, China and the U.S.S.R. And make no mistake that's exactly what they are. Including the "mainstream" print media.

By the way a lot of the "Job postings" on the internet are fake or the same job worded differently a few different times. The government is behind some of these also to hide the true state of the "economy". I will try to find the source to this statement. I had it and should have saved it.

And anyone that reads my posts knows that I'm not posting this because of "Obama", "Barry Sotoro" or whoever this guy is who the TPTB dug up. Anyone who thinks electing Romni President will help them needs a brain transplant. Both parties are owned and run by the same people. But if you have not figured that out by now there's probably not a lot of "hope" (pun intended LOL ) for you.
You think Clinton's economy was "normal?" Yeah. Gotcha. Most economies have dot.com booms.

S&L. Dot.com. Housing bubble. Oil embargo. I'm trying to think when the economy was "normal."

Old 04-23-2012, 06:11 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
I don't see any substantial change here. So I won't get my pom-poms out yet.
Worse Than the Great Depression: What the Experts Are Missing About American Manufacturing Decline | The Information Technology & Innovation Foundation

Old 04-23-2012, 06:11 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,973,187 times
You are correct. The fed's are cooking the books to make it appear the economy is doing better but its all smoke and mirrors.

Check this link and you will understand how they can claim the bogus unemployment rate .... they stopped counting millions of people as unemployed ...

Old 04-23-2012, 06:14 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,087,650 times
Quote:
I guess you don't really have time to "occupy wall street". How unamerican by just getting a job!,

Old 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Economists are saying that America is out of the recession and moving forward and that is a fact but hey why should facts get in the way when the right want to get into the Whitehouse at ANY COST and no matter who will suffer once they are in.............. Ignoring the facts about the now recovering economy and jobs market shows that the Republicans CANNOT be believed, pray every night for America to fail and will sell America down the river to whoever will get them into office.
So you thnik that the job market is imporvig when more people are entering the job market than the jobs created. Or that 44% of adult aged people are not workig or lookig for work anymore.We have seen Obama stimulus which demcrats claim was a sucess but not when you measure it by what it was sold has by Obama;a massive infrastructure program providing huge number of jobs to keeep unemployemnt below 7%. The economy definitely stated imporvig when republicans took the house as did the markets when peopel knew Obama could do no more harm by reckless spending to his interest groups.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
it is pretty funny reading these posts telling us how swell the economy is doing. I really and truly hope Obama runs his campaign on this theme.

For those of you who think we can't do better than 8.2% unemployment or 50% of new college grads un or uneremployed, sell America short. Obama has been a failure, the numbers dont lie.
should go to trade school instead of college and become to be a Welder, Pipe Fitter or Electrician bet you would have an apprenticeship job right out of school.

You would be making very good money if you were already a Journeyman in one of those trades.

Sure the jobs are in the Oil and Natural gas but they need to replace the Retiring baby boomers and the trades are hardest hit by it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies