Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times

Advertisements

I said this from jump, the reason Zimmerman, "profiled" Trayvon was not simply because he was Black but because Blacks were robbing people in his neighborhood and he did not live there.
George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting | Reuters

Quote:
A criminal justice student who aspired to become a judge, Zimmerman also concerned himself with the safety of his neighbors after a series of break-ins committed by young African-American men.

Though civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.

"Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?" the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. "There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood," she said. "That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.
"
Also note the racial intimidation Sharpton has helped to put into place. A Black woman scared to be identified for speaking the truth because of the backlash she anticipates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 05:10 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Hmmmmmm, I just ran a search in the Orlando Sentinel and couldnt come up with any robberies in that particular community.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM

566 posts, read 958,339 times
OP, why do you have so much self-hate?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 PM

39,870 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Dude, why even bother. We have thousands of posts of people that want Zimmerman murdered, regardless of his injuries, who started the fight, or if he shot to save his own life. Evidence and facts be damned. Yet when a black man murders a mentally handicapped white man while he's walking his dog, and does so from the safety of his vehicle...not a peep. No hyprocasy involved, nope, none.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hmmmmmm, I just ran a search in the Orlando Sentinel and couldnt come up with any robberies in that particular community.
Read the article it's probably one of the best if not best article I've read about the case. It's in there.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Dude, why even bother. We have thousands of posts of people that want Zimmerman murdered, regardless of his injuries, who started the fight, or if he shot to save his own life. Evidence and facts be damned. Yet when a black man murders a mentally handicapped white man while he's walking his dog, and does so from the safety of his vehicle...not a peep. No hyprocasy involved, nope, none.
The truth must come to light. That's what I'm working towards. The race pimps and their followers don't sway me.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I said this from jump, the reason Zimmerman, "profiled" Trayvon was not simply because he was Black but because Blacks were robbing people in his neighborhood and he did not live there.

Also note the racial intimidation Sharpton has helped to put into place. A Black woman scared to be identified for speaking the truth because of the backlash she anticipates.
So what if 10 black "boys" rob in the neighborhood, does that mean the 11th is a criminal too?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic12 View Post
OP, why do you have so much self-hate?
LOL. Actually it's the opposite, I love myself too much to compromise my beliefs and ethics to try and get in with people who happen to share the same skin color. It's called integrity, you should familiarize yourself with the term.

Oh and although Black I'm not African- American so I don't see a need to stand in solidarity with you all.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Read the article it's probably one of the best if not best article I've read about the case. It's in there.
Yeah, I read it, but that still doesnt explain why there arent any robberies reported in the last year there in the Sentinel archives.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:16 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:

She's probably terrified that dumbass spike lee will tweet her name and address all over creation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies