Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,980,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
And if some uses that little girl to smuggle say a gun or explosives onto a plane then how would you feel? What most likely happened is the girl had to go through a back down along with grandmom, cried over it, and now mom is blowing the incident far out of proportion. What you want to bet that she has a lawyer in a few weeks?
I highly doubt so, TSA is notorious for their non-existent people skills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 05:58 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,189,051 times
I would have been furious if my dd was subjected to this type of treatment. I would not have been able to do anything about it though since the TSA has the law (even if the law is unconstitutional) on their side and intervening would have only escalated the situation. I feel for that poor little girl and her family. Frisking kids is just plain stupid. How many little kids have smuggled weapons onto planes anyway?

Old 05-26-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
I highly doubt so, TSA is notorious for their non-existent people skills.
They are automatons.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I would have been furious if my dd was subjected to this type of treatment. I would not have been able to do anything about it though since the TSA has the law (even if the law is unconstitutional) on their side and intervening would have only escalated the situation. I feel for that poor little girl and her family. Frisking kids is just plain stupid. How many little kids have smuggled weapons onto planes anyway?
It's happened before which is WHY they have to do it.
That I don't disagree with just to clarify but the way they talked to her and handled it was wrong.
Even if she was overly sensitive or something, they still should have adjusted their approach to her and stopped working her up so much. She's 4 not 14, no way could she have understood the complexity of the issue.

Once her mom was allowed to step in and comfort her then they were able to search her.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
It's happened before which is WHY they have to do it.
Has there ever been a terrorist attack where a child has smuggled a weapon onto an airplane?

Old 05-26-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Has there ever been a terrorist attack where a child has smuggled a weapon onto an airplane?
The terrorist use kids all the time for a lot of stuff.
Yeah it sucks that you don't at least get dinner before going through security but I feel safer knowing everyones ass has been checked first, no pun intended.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
The terrorist use kids all the time for a lot of stuff. Yeah it sucks that you don't at least get dinner before going through security but I feel safer knowing everyones ass has been checked first, no pun intended.
Saying that "the terrorist use kids all the time for a lot of stuff" does not prove that terrorists use children to smuggle weapons onto commercial airliners. Has it ever happened?

Old 05-26-2012, 06:16 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,300,530 times
Quote:
Before 9/11 had terrorists ever hi jacked an American plane and attempted to smash them into buildings? There is a first time for everything, and i'm sure the family members of the people had died would have wished TSA been a bit more vigilant back then.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:17 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,300,530 times
Quote:
Saying that "the terrorist use kids all the time for a lot of stuff" does not prove that terrorists use children to smuggle weapons onto commercial airliners. Has it ever happened?
Well they use them for drugs, soldiers, and suicide bombers, so it's not too inconceivable.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
Before 9/11 had terrorists ever hi jacked an American plane and attempted to smash them into buildings? There is a first time for everything, and i'm sure the family members of the people had died would have wished TSA been a bit more vigilant back then.
I don't believe that the TSA has made air travel any safer then it was prior to 9/11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies