Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:55 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
But since you asked: YOU are precisely the reason why some white women vote Democrat.

Hmmmmm, let's see. Would I rather vote for a candidate who wants to DICTATE what I can or cannot do with my body, and thinks I'm a bad mother if I have a career & life outside of the kitchen... or one who supports a woman's right to CHOOSE for herself on these issues? Tough choice, I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Better not go there.

My next door neighbor, a Republican and SAHM, has a husband who provides for her and her children. Her husband, who is employed by a major oil company, also gave her an STD while she was pregnant. They have not had sex since then.

The kid is now 15.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Only the ones who are 1) clueless or 2) on welfare would vote Democrat

The same goes for women who vote Republican except substitute "rich gold digger" for "on welfare"
You forgot one... women who are none of the above, but have no other viable options. That would be me, an independent-thinking woman who's trapped by a two-party system.

So if my only options are as I described in my last post, Democrat is really the lesser of evils!

Old 04-27-2012, 12:41 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
I wish I had time to reply but I've been so busy providing sexual gratification to men I'm not married to.

yes liberal women dont espouse the lovely tried and true family values of the GOP :

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, is probably the most audacious serial adulterer in any political party.
8. Former Rep. Bob Barr’s notoriety as an adulterer was one of many ironies around the so-called Defense of Marriage Act (DoMA) which he wrote, and which was passed with the leadership of fellow adulterers Sen. Majority Leader Bob Dole and House Speaker Newt Gingrich.
9. Rep. Henry Hyde, who served as chairman of House Mangers in the adultery-related impeachment of President Clinton, was a home-wrecker himself. Hyde had an affair when he was a young and foolish man of 41 while he and his girlfriend were both very much married. Her husband later said Hyde broke up his family.
10. Gary Bauer, professional moralizing Christian nationalist, experienced a mutiny when he was running for president when actual Christians on the staff of his 2000 presidential campaign quit in protest over Bauer’s “inappropriate” behavior with a 26-year-old deputy campaign manager. Euww.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:49 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,504,683 times
They probably vote Democrat because they think all Republican men are like you. Thank goodness they are not.

Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
"Why in the world do some white women vote Democrat?"

Many of them are feminist and pro-abortion.
Pro-abortion or pro-choice?
Yes, words do matter.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You forgot one... women who are none of the above, but have no other viable options. That would be me, an independent-thinking woman who's trapped by a two-party system.

So if my only options are as I described in my last post, Democrat is really the lesser of evils!
They are both equally evil.... there is no lesser.... I wish more people would get tired of the BS and vote with their hearts and on their principles

I never settle for less personally, even though I know the person I vote for will never win

As long as the one party system (it calls itself the 2 party system) is allowed to fester, they will

Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 AM

Quote:
They are both equally evil.... there is no lesser.... I wish more people would get tired of the BS and vote with their hearts and on their principles

I never settle for less personally, even though I know the person I vote for will never win

As long as the one party system (it calls itself the 2 party system) is allowed to fester, they will
Since I live in California, my vote doesn't really matter anyway... so I might do just that in the next election, if I can find a candidate who I actually like.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:23 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Only the ones who are 1) clueless or 2) on welfare would vote Democrat

The same goes for women who vote Republican except substitute "rich gold digger" for "on welfare"
You just made a frikkin awesome reason to vote Republican. Better a rich gold digger than on welfare, at least to someone with common sense, (cancels out #1) <<smirk>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Since I live in California, my vote doesn't really matter anyway... so I might do just that in the next election, if I can find a candidate who I actually like.
No sense in voting while in Cali unless you are invested in welfare checks and unfunded liabilities. It's so bad that a vengence minded Moonbeam is Gov again, and that says everything about the state of our state.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:38 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
They're used to the biases and the corruption that plagues the government and society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies