Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times

Advertisements

I read the story and see a white couple driving their car into a large group of young black people near a public housing project then getting out to confront them about a rock thrown at the window. Trouble followed, as they knew it would. Fortunately nobody was seriously hurt. I don't condone that behavior yet it almost reads as if it were a set up conflict to later be enraged about. And THAT is coming from an article meant to spark debate over black/white violence while capitalizing on the publicity of the another recent case. Call me cynical but...

What I don't see is 100 anyone beating on anyone else which I expect would have resulted in a death or two. Although I see, everyday, crime reported about everyone including black people. I don't get the idea that it's being "kept secret".

Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,943,108 times
Two morals to this story.

1) Keep your dumba$$ in the car when someone out of a group of 100 throws a rock at it.
2) Lock your car doors once you get in and not around black people.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:03 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,227,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
You know what I was thinking, I wouldn't mind these "look what black people did" threads as much if all the fake outragers would offer up solutions to stem problems as opposed to just shooting people.
But there has been a solution offered up, and it has been an abysmal failure. That failed solution is called Liberalism. Over several decades it has pumped billions and billions of dollars into useless programs and social engineering schemes that have proven unworkable. What they have done is to virtually destroy the Black family and create a mindset of dependency, victimology, entitlement, and hopelessness. Yes, there has been progress, but in some ways things have gone backwards. Back in the 30's, 40's, and 50's, when there was real racism and discrimination, Black families were far more stable, with far fewer children born out of wedlock than today, and crime was much less frequent. So yes, if the Black community wishes to blame Whitey, blame it on the leftists that have led them down the false path. With the racial turmoil today that is bubbling hotter, what we really have is the White trash leading on, encouraging, and making excuses for the conduct of the Black trash.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:04 PM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You do not need to profile a mob, mobs are not color specific. Really, I don't and never had a problem, it is usually involves saying "Hey" and walking on or if I know them BS'ing for a minute or two. The world is full of good and bad people if you go by their color as your judge of who is good and who is bad you are going to get a rude awakening. Clue: if it is late at night and there are over a hundred teens hanging out you might want to take another path, no matter what color they are.

I'd like to agree with you but unfortunately I'm not sure, or maybe it is just my opinion based on my area and environment. I think there are different groups I would have no problem walking into and others I would avoid. Large part also depends if they are all just hanging out, if they are raging I'll stay out of all groups.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:07 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
But there has been a solution offered up, and it has been an abysmal failure. That failed solution is called Liberalism. Over several decades it has pumped billions and billions of dollars into useless programs and social engineering schemes that have proven unworkable. What they have done is to virtually destroy the Black family and create a mindset of dependency, victimology, entitlement, and hopelessness. Yes, there has been progress, but in some ways things have gone backwards. Back in the 30's, 40's, and 50's, when there was real racism and discrimination, Black families were far more stable, with far fewer children born out of wedlock than today, and crime was much less frequent. So yes, if the Black community wishes to blame Whitey, blame it on the leftists that have led them down the false path. With the racial turmoil today that is bubbling hotter, what we really have is the White trash leading on, encouraging, and making excuses for the conduct of the Black trash.
Oh I am sure that the Black Community knows which Party actually gives a Da*m about people of color and which gives it lip service, without any outside assistance, contrary to some peoples belief, they really can think for themselves just fine

Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,431,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I read the story and see a white couple driving their car into a large group of young black people near a public housing project then getting out to confront them about a rock thrown at the window. Trouble followed, as they knew it would. Fortunately nobody was seriously hurt. I don't condone that behavior yet it almost reads as if it were a set up conflict to later be enraged about. And THAT is coming from an article meant to spark debate over black/white violence while capitalizing on the publicity of the another recent case. Call me cynical but...

What I don't see is 100 anyone beating on anyone else which I expect would have resulted in a death or two. Although I see, everyday, crime reported about everyone including black people. I don't get the idea that it's being "kept secret".
Moral of the story don't confront blacks who live in the projects after they've thrown rocks at you. Really? God forbid they expected the group to feel a level of shame at throwing a rock at their car after being confronted.

Oh well maybe you're right, best to treat them like the savages they are and avoid them.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

It does sound somewhat contrived and the fact that they were able to call 911 and survive the incident is remarkable. They say that a police officer told them to shut up. I am interested in hearing from the police officer that allegedly said that or any witnesses. Who in their right mind gets out and confronts a group of 100 people that already attacked? They must have had a death wish. Why were there even 100 people standing around anyway, did a night club just close or something? And then one of the victims went trolling the net for info on the incident and came across some insensitive idiot on Twitter. I guess they found exactly what they were looking for. I'm surprised there weren't a lot more, there are insensitive idiots all over the net.

If this were the other way around the same people who are pretending to be outraged would be saying that this was a made-up story. Don't mean to be redundant but we would be hearing about Tawana Brawley and Duke Lacrosse again. What was that woman's name who claimed she was attacked by an Obama supporter and painted an O on her head? Then there was the man who killed his pregnant wife and claimed a black man did it and the woman who murdered her children and claimed a black man did it - just saying.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
I'd like to agree with you but unfortunately I'm not sure, or maybe it is just my opinion based on my area and environment. I think there are different groups I would have no problem walking into and others I would avoid. Large part also depends if they are all just hanging out, if they are raging I'll stay out of all groups.
Again life is full of choices. If there were a large group of teens (color does not matter) it is late at night and they blocked the road and one of them threw a rock and broke your car window would you back up and call the cops or get out of your car and confront them.
Let's just say, I carry and I would NOT get out of the car, common sense should come into play here, something no one has mentioned yet. Heck when I first read the title I would have thought the couple was dead instead of a few brusies, they are very lucky to learn their mistake and come away in one piece.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM

496 posts, read 484,113 times
what a drag

Old 05-01-2012, 01:13 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,951,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Moral of the story don't confront blacks who live in the projects after they've thrown rocks at you. Really? God forbid they expected the group to feel a level of shame at throwing a rock at their car after being confronted.

Oh well maybe you're right, best to treat them like the savages they are and avoid them.

I wouldn't care what race they are if a rock comes out of a large group of people and hits my car, I am not about to stop, exit my vehicle and ask them why they do it. I have a family I need to get home to and doing something like that could prevent that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies