Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Right on cue here come the right wingers blaming Obama with the exact same programmed right wing talking points.

How about some facts such as

Clinton took years of disastrous GOP policies, to turn them around to create the biggest surplus in US history. We were well on our way to being debt free, but W and the GOP threw that in the trash and went back to the epically failed "trickle down" economics that turned the biggest surplus into the biggest deficit. It takes some real idiots to pull that one off, and those idiots were W and the GOP.

Let's also not forget if it wasn't for W and the GOP completely destroying the nation and sending it near the brink of total collapse, Obama never would have needed to propose the stimulus bill in the first place.

Essentially it's like W and the republicans went on a careless joyride in the new car, crashed into a tree, tossed Obama the keys, ran off, and then are blaming Obama for having to pay to have it fixed.
How true...the RW posts are so predictable and repetitive that we could write them ourselves. Funny that they completely ignore the many lies of Bush, and how the economy suffered due to the unnecessary war in Iraq
while the administration's cronies made obscene profits. Now they want to blame Obama while doing nothing to help. What's funny is that the GOP wants to complain, but has done nothing to help their fellow countrymen out. Deflect, deny and distort...simplistic thinking and useless in terms of
creating jobs and improving the economy. It's almost as if they'd rather claim that President Obama's a failure than consider the consequences of their actions on America's future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 01:23 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Lol!!! Obama's campaign slogan...don't blame me, it's still Bush's fault.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:57 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,936,194 times
Far more concerned with the debt than the deficit. Since 2009 govt spending as % of GDP skyrocketed to 43% then back down to 40%. Govt debt, including that "owned" by the FED has gone off the deep end, as well. Swelled from about 5% to over 11% by end of 2011. (About a yr)

US Federal Debt by Year 2007_2017 - Charts Tables History

Bush isn't president, right now, he won't be again, thank god.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Obama has increased the debt more than all other Presidents combined ... and in only 3 years ... These are the facts!

Facts speak volume, and do not lie. Watching tv right now, they say that employment is way below what it should be, and so many not being counted for in the numbers, as in, those who have given up looking.
Economy, Housing Criris, High Unemployment, Businesses closing doors, Businesses having to close certain stores, People still losing their homes, College Grads, cannot find Jobs, these are no lies.
In a booming thriving economy homes sell, prove they don't i was in real estate for 15 years, give me a break. Bad housing market, bad economy, everyone knows this. Infact housing is going to be down, for quite a while. That ain't no lie. Stop saying we are on the road to a recovery. If this were the truth, people would not have a hard time finding jobs, College Grads, would be able to find a job very easily, after graduating, so save all your excuses.
Just look at the Debt Obama has given us so far, right, and he was not going to spend ha?
Forward, what a joke, just as his slogan which was garbage of Hope n' Change, what a crock! Forward we shoud march, but not to the tune of Obama, someone that actually has the ability and business sense, to get us out of this mess, Obama has put us in.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:17 PM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
And I suppose you think Obama/ Biden is a well run party/ Presidency??? WOW.
I'm old enough to have witnessed the mess democrats made years ago. They lost my vote long ago and never really had it, however, many years after the dems, at the very least, helped the working class American back in the 40s, where as NOW the republicans appear as though they are looking for a new huge money reserve to plunder for the very rich such as Social Security. I know what the dems are about, so I'm not angry with them, they are what they are. But the republican party absolutely fooled and then pulled a bait and switch which screwed this nation almost into the ground. And it appears they've not learned their lesson and will march steadfastly forward as though nothing has changed.

The GOP needs new leadership with the American worker as its primary focus, not this trickle down bull chit with NAFTA deals made by the dozen. Romney is a phony and will never get my vote. I'm voting for and writing in Micky the Mouse.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Far more concerned with the debt than the deficit. Since 2009 govt spending as % of GDP skyrocketed to 43% then back down to 40%. Govt debt, including that "owned" by the FED has gone off the deep end, as well. Swelled from about 5% to over 11% by end of 2011. (About a yr)

US Federal Debt by Year 2007_2017 - Charts Tables History

Bush isn't president, right now, he won't be again, thank god.

"Thank God" nothing, look who the hell we are stuck with! he ain't no better?
We are stuck with such a crappy, downhill, negative, going no where, economy. And this President, can spend.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
"Thank God" nothing, look who the hell we are stuck with! he ain't no better?
We are stuck with such a crappy, downhill, negative, going no where, economy. And this President, can spend.
Yeah, I think I presented the debt spending evidence. I am no BO fan either.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I'm old enough to have witnessed the mess democrats made years ago. They lost my vote long ago and never really had it, however, many years after the dems, at the very least, helped the working class American back in the 40s, where as NOW the republicans appear as though they are looking for a new huge money reserve to plunder for the very rich such as Social Security. I know what the dems are about, so I'm not angry with them, they are what they are. But the republican party absolutely fooled and then pulled a bait and switch which screwed this nation almost into the ground. And it appears they've not learned their lesson and will march steadfastly forward as though nothing has changed.

The GOP needs new leadership with the American worker as its primary focus, not this trickle down bull chit with NAFTA deals made by the dozen. Romney is a phony and will never get my vote. I'm voting for and writing in Micky the Mouse.
No more a phony then what we now have in office.

Who promised every single one of us, a new era of unity, all people being one, Hope n' Change, was going to be the most bi-partisian Pres, he was going to keep spending down, all of which was a Crock!

We would have a prosperous Economy under Obama, yes he said this, i have his tapes from 2008, he was going to bring our Troops home within the first 6 months of his Presidency, yes he also said that. He is a phony, of a different kind, but a phony none the less.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:32 PM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
No more a phony then what we now have in office.

Who promised every single one of us, a new era of unity, all people being one, Hope n' Change, was going to be the most bi-partisian Pres, he was going to keep spending down, all of which was a Crock!

We would have a prosperous Economy under Obama, yes he said this, i have his tapes from 2008, he was going to bring our Troops home within the first 6 months of his Presidency, yes he also said that. He is a phony, of a different kind, but a phony none the less.
I don't think Obama is a phony, he is what he is and everyone or mostly everyone knew that when they voted for him. I voted for McCain holding my nose. I am very sure if McCain was elected we'd still be in a big mess. I'm not going to do that again.

Micky for PRESIDENT!

Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I don't think Obama is a phony, he is what he is and everyone or mostly everyone knew that when they voted for him. I voted for McCain holding my nose. I am very sure if McCain was elected we'd still be in a big mess. I'm not going to do that again.

Micky for PRESIDENT!
I don't know Bugs Bunny seems a bit more clever to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies