Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:45 PM

175 posts, read 734,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiangirl View Post
How do you know what all our lives are like? You brought up the subject of O.J.
I do not know what all of your lives are I merely said that "most probably" not most definitively, so re-read it before you make a comment. It sort of funny the one person from Appalachia decides to take offense to someone's life being in shambles guess it hit close to home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Maybe the guy who got OJ's personal property via a LEGAL STORAGE AUCTION also got OJ's diary that plotted how to kill his ex-wife... Who knows?
When you actually go back to most of what I said and attempt to refute Ted Kennedy, John Gotti, and a host of other white males that got away with murder and are currently not vilified as if they're the anti-Christ then we can all talk candidly about OJ. My simple question had nothing to do the merchandise it had to do with the double standard usage of hate. Just to pre-empt anyone jumping on that you're just a liberal I’m not I’m hardcore conservative a Barry-Goldwater one and I’m just point out plan facts. Look OJ is not going to jail this time around, so too bad cry me a river. The case the state has against him currently is weak extremely weak and frankly they'd be stupid to turn this into another media circus at the Nevada tax payers expense.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
when people stop using color to pass judgement we will all be free.
i dont know about those other guys you mentioned, but i think OJ is a vicious murderer. he used to be a great athlete and a movie star. how sad that a man that has climbed so high, could fall so low.

i have a dream.

stephen s
san diego

Stephen, do not insult MLK's legacy by trying to cheaply throw it in an OJ debate after calling him a vicious murderer (which he maybe), and then attempt to down play or just plain playing stupid in reference to John Gotti and Ted Kennedy. What the heck do you mean you do not know who these people are? Last time i checked San Diego was in the US, so what planet are you from and where have you been over the past 20 years? I guess in your book the first vicious double homcide murderer to go free in the US was OJ Simpson? Dude, seriously drop the stupid act! If you have the net you could have easily googled Gotti or Kennedy and quickly found out about them!

Old 09-26-2007, 01:22 AM

531 posts, read 1,745,749 times
I take offense at your remarks at my being from Appalachia. I have a college degree, or don't you believe anyone who lives in this area(which covers upstate New York to Georgia) can be educated? I am also part Native American so the redneck implication doesn't really hold.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by appalachiangirl View Post
I take offense at your remarks at my being from Appalachia. I have a college degree, or don't you believe anyone who lives in this area(which covers upstate New York to Georgia) can be educated? I am also part Native American so the redneck implication doesn't really hold.
Appalachian person can you please point out where I said that "everyone in Appalachia is uneducated or could not obtain a decent education." Please do not attempt to put words in mouth. Also where did i call you a redneck? I think your own short comings and poor image of self are to blame for inferring things i clearly did not say about you.

Old 10-01-2007, 03:00 AM

531 posts, read 1,745,749 times
Just a curious question:why do so many still admire O.J. ?

Old 10-01-2007, 03:41 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,552,839 times
If it's his sh*t, you must acquit...

Old 10-01-2007, 09:45 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,156,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsitgoingdude3 View Post
You know what's really funny. I'm sorry, but I’m going to throw this back out there. Ted Kennedy a US Senator not only drove drunk and killed a women, but he then lied to police and has since gone on to be elected for what 3 decades in MA. Again White guy kills, lies, and gets away with it, but Black guy does the same thing and he's "public enemy number 1." Sorry, to say folks we have a huge race problem. Explain to me why Whites are not outraged at Ted Kennedy and why he's able to walk the streets and OJ is harassed on a regular basis same crime (murder) just different races. I bet no one will challenge my assertion. The one thing these two murders have in common is money!
Being the driver in an accident where someone is killed is not murder, and it's certainly a far cry from stabbing someone to death. They are nowhere near the same thing.

Old 10-01-2007, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Being the driver in an accident where someone is killed is not murder, and it's certainly a far cry from stabbing someone to death. They are nowhere near the same thing.
No sorry, NativeDallasite misinformed person. Being the DRUNK DRIVER in an accident and killing women is the same in my book! She probably would have died a less painful death if Ted Kennedy did just stab her. However Senator Kennedy the Drunk decided to jump out of the car letting it plunge into the lake. Let's not forget he did not even make any attempt to save the woman’s life, because he was too dam drunk! How is this not MURDER? Please explain your post. MURDER IS MURDER IS MURDER. It is this simple if I’m doing something illegal and it results in the death of another person it is MURDER! OJ stabbed someone and Teddy drove drunk crashed and let a person drown. OJ stabbed two people the end result death. Ted drove drunk crashed into a lake the end result his passenger died. Ted Kennedy also lied to the police and continues to this day! As far as I’m concerned he and OJ are in the same boat! Do you make it a practice of defending Murderers? If you remember the car was in the lake for three freaking days before that murderer even told anyone! Know what you're talking about before you post. I would love to see you refute these facts!

Old 10-01-2007, 01:03 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,672,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howsitgoingdude3 View Post
haha i love how i can point things out and no one can refute the basic truth behind what i'm saying. Anyway looks like my original point about OJ not being guilty in this current case is going to happen. I could care less one way or the other, but it just amazes me how many people get involved in this person's life when most likely their own lives are in shabbles etc.....
What is a shabble?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies