Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 08:17 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Debating homosexuality with someone who uses the Bible to back up his theories is a complete waste of time.
So true! It reminds me of having a debate with my cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 08:17 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Not really, if you were brought up to believe something and it was indoctrinated into your psyche plus reinforced by others around you, it would be virtually impossible to break away from what you were taught simply because you not dare to question anything contra to what you already believe in
This reminds me of Bertrand Russell's "Celestial teapot" analogy:

"If I were to suggest that between the Earth and Mars there is a china teapot revolving about the sun in an elliptical orbit, nobody would be able to disprove my assertion provided I were careful to add that the teapot is too small to be revealed even by our most powerful telescopes. But if I were to go on to say that, since my assertion cannot be disproved, it is an intolerable presumption on the part of human reason to doubt it, I should rightly be thought to be talking nonsense.

If, however, the existence of such a teapot were affirmed in ancient books, taught as the sacred truth every Sunday, and instilled into the minds of children at school, hesitation to believe in its existence would become a mark of eccentricity and entitle the doubter to the attentions of the psychiatrist in an enlightened age or of the Inquisitor in an earlier time"

Old 05-11-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Surely you do realize this forum has a religion subsection. Perhaps your rhetoric might get a more sympathetic ear over there? This is a discussion about homosexuality, not about gods and devils and fairy tales.
I think that poster might be too off the wall even for all the zealous nutters over there.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Awww... how sweet. The religious nutjob zealots can't agree with each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
We are in total agreement with one another except for ONE WORD - your will is not FREE & the bible proves it!
LOL! But you didn't dispute that you and Taratova are religious nutjob zealots?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
No one has done a complete and final study of homosexuality in the modern world- no one has bothered to question individuals on mass who are gay - what they really thing it's all about. The movement is so strong and governed by political correctness that even so-called gays are not allowed to speak their minds... so we can get a clear and concise over view of the issue.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Taratova is a Scientologist nutjob and a homosexual.

Quote:

Old 05-11-2012, 08:48 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,786,521 times
Quote:

There you go again (as usual) blaming me for your words which I never said or implied - you typed those words; now your blaming me??

How can anyone dispute " that you are braindead" ? Its OBVIOUS

FOR THE RECORD: I hate religion, it is phony - powerless & man made!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
We are in total agreement with one another except for ONE WORD - your will is not FREE & the bible proves it!
Are you then a Calvinist?

Old 05-11-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
Taratova is a Scientologist nutjob and a homosexual.
and your proof of this is ??? Link please - (so I can discredit your nonsense).

Old 05-11-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Are you then a Calvinist?
ROFLMAO!! He doesn't live in my neighborhood.

I am a stranger passing through - I am not of this world; ! I even look like a human being. But I want no part of this world or anything in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies