Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 02:25 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
What a bunch of obedient sheep the are, just the way fox wants them
If we go back to the Pew study I cited 68% of conservatives could identify a news organization that leaned conservative, only 26% of liberal could identify one that leaned liberal.

Who is it again that is an obedient sheep? It's comical especially when you consider and overwhelming number of news organizations have a liberal bias.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:41 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,534,474 times
Wow, guess some won't be happy until all news sources are liberal. Guess CBS, ABC, NBC, PBS, NPR, MSNBC, CNN, CNN Headline News, and most newspapers aren't enough for them. I enjoy FOX News from morning until 5pm central time Monday-Friday (not constantly, gradually off and on while there's nothing worth watch on which is frequently). I gave up watching their prime time programs as they are just a televised version of talk radio but without the callers. Those prime time shows are opinion pieces. After FOX And Friends morning show it becomes more news oriented. Can't stand Shepard Smith. He reminds me of a shady used car salesman who thinks way too highly of himself and looks down upon his customers he tries to swindle. The Sunday morning political talk show is very fair and it's host straddles the center like Tim Russert did. Instead of constantly attacking FOX News, try watching the news part of the network and ignore the prime time opinion shows. I do it all the time.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:31 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Odanny you can pretty much apply all of the things listed in your article to any editorial/opinion/commentary show on any network. It's unfortunate but you must be one of the 74% of liberals that can't identify a liberal "news organization". How is that possible? I've heard some really weird statistics before but that one is certainly in the strange but true category.

On a side note Beck, Hannity and Oreilly are what they call commentators, they aren't reporting the news but giving an editorial opinion. In your little world they would comparable to Olberman...... oh wait he doesn't have a job. Sorry bad comparison.

---------

Just a side note but has anyone ever noticed how little original thought goes into most post from the "wingers" regardless of which side they are on?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
14 Techniques FOX Uses to Brainwash Its Gullible Audience

If anyone is being brainwashed by the news then the problem is probably more the possessor of said brain than with the news or its presentation.

Just think of it as 'Personal Responsibility'. I know it's a foreign concept to the libs, maybe try with open eyes.

??? You feeling okay ???

Last edited by Willsson; 05-14-2012 at 11:59 AM..

Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
My favorite is "well if this is true then....." And other vague statements made by their opinion shows that are baseless, then followed as the gospel by viewers.

Cable news isn't news, its red meat to people who want their own uninformed opinions supported. Kind of like a parent saying their child is beautiful when everyone knows that's the ugliest baby they've ever seen. No one wants to hear the truth anymore.

The bigger the lie, the more likely people will believe it

Adolph Hitler

Old 05-14-2012, 10:54 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Stupid article, I stopped reading at the start, when they started talking democracy. We are not a Democracy, we are a Republic.

Old 05-14-2012, 10:57 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Stupid article, I stopped reading at the start, when they started talking democracy. We are not a Democracy, we are a Republic.
Democratically elected republic. Slight difference. The elected officials we elect are supposed to follow the will of the voter. Instead we've been duped by cable newa and Washington politicians that the only choice you have is to vote for those who don't listen to you.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:01 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
it is amazing how liberals work so hard to discredit Fox news.

It is also amazing that every attack on fox, could be used against NBC, MSNBC, CBS ABC New York Times etc, except that these outlets tend to be biased to the left.

you never hear them calling for these outlets to be balanced. Just that fox is the devil and needs to fall into the lake of fire.

The truth is, liberals dont want truth. they just want thier own spin on whatever the truth is.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:03 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
it is amazing how liberals work so hard to discredit Fox news.
Nobody can credit or discredit anything better than the audience itself.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:09 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Democratically elected republic. Slight difference. The elected officials we elect are supposed to follow the will of the voter. Instead we've been duped by cable newa and Washington politicians that the only choice you have is to vote for those who don't listen to you.
Article 4 U.S. Constitution
Republican government
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies