Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 02:38 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times

Advertisements

Surprised he didn't just kill him myself.

‘Man, the media ate me alive,” Wright told me when we met in his office at Chicago’s Kwame Nkrumah Academy. “After the media went ballistic on me, I received an e-mail offering me money not to preach at all until the November presidential election.”

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.
“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”
“He offered you money?”
“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”
“How much money did he offer you?”
“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.
“Did Obama himself ever make an effort to see you?”
“Yes,” Wright said. “Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said, ‘You’re used to coming to my home, you’ve been here countless times, so what’s wrong with coming to my home?’ So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. I don’t know if he had a wire on him. His security was outside somewhere.

Read more: Obama team tried to 'bribe' Jeremiah Wright to keep quiet: book - NYPOST.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 02:40 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
yawn

Old 05-13-2012, 02:55 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Well of course he did. I am also surprised Wright didn't meet with an ill fated tragedy. The idiot left's nonchalant attitude about their Glorious Leader's classic Leninist Vangard Party objectives notwithstanding.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:02 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
yawn

Old 05-13-2012, 03:08 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Well of course he did. I am also surprised Wright didn't meet with an ill fated tragedy. The idiot left's nonchalant attitude about their Glorious Leader's classic Leninist Vangard Party objectives notwithstanding.
Not to mention the idiot right's paranoid, delusional, surrealistic view of the world. Now that's entertainment!

Old 05-13-2012, 03:19 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,722,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Not to mention the idiot right's paranoid, delusional, surrealistic view of the world. Now that's entertainment!
Do you ever comment on the OP or are you devoid of original thought?

Old 05-13-2012, 03:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
The swooners can't comment on wrong doings of their fuhrer. Somebody might tell on em.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:59 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,663,264 times
This is too easy:

1. Where's the e-mail? If it ever really existed it would be simplicity itself to produce it.

2. Where's the $150,000.00?

3. Why do you right-wing nuts start believing your most hated minister in the world all of a sudden?

4. Remember, this is a story from the same known liar who published the bogus story about Bill Clinton trying to get Hillary to quit her job and challenge President Obama in 2012.

For all these reasons, the credibility of this story is approximately zero.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:14 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Surprised he didn't just kill him myself.

‘Man, the media ate me alive,” Wright told me when we met in his office at Chicago’s Kwame Nkrumah Academy. “After the media went ballistic on me, I received an e-mail offering me money not to preach at all until the November presidential election.”

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.
“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”
“He offered you money?”
“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”
“How much money did he offer you?”
“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.
“Did Obama himself ever make an effort to see you?”
“Yes,” Wright said. “Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said, ‘You’re used to coming to my home, you’ve been here countless times, so what’s wrong with coming to my home?’ So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. I don’t know if he had a wire on him. His security was outside somewhere.

Read more: Obama team tried to 'bribe' Jeremiah Wright to keep quiet: book - NYPOST.com
Interesting how you turned a reported attempt, by an unknown person, to pay Rev. Wright into Obama paid Rev. Wright. The statements in the NY Post article do not support your assertion.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:21 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The swooners can't comment on wrong doings of their fuhrer. Somebody might tell on em.
So, why have there been no charges for this "bribery"?

If this is true (and we all know that it isn't) then Republicans are even more stupid than we thought they were since they have not pushed for an investigation of any sort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies