Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 01:40 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,162 times

Advertisements

This weekend, I was on my way home. I saw a white family in their car (shielded) taking a tour through the black neighborhoods. They were just looking around, seeing residents go on about their business. I guess they were looking around to prove their stereotypical views, intending to re-enforce stereotypes and their racist gene onto their kids, generation after generation. It's understandable that racial paranoia is common.

Now usually when non-whites venture into upper class or upscale neighborhoods, they're thinking how nice the neighborhood looks and how exciting it is and not thinking which race in predominated in the area. When whites venture into non-white neighborhoods, they're just looking at minorities in hopes of proving their stereotypical views. I swear, racism and stereotypes have got to be a genetic trait.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:43 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
This weekend, I was on my way home. I saw a white family in their car (shielded) taking a tour through the black neighborhoods. They were just looking around, seeing residents go on about their business. I guess they were looking around to prove their stereotypical views, intending to re-enforce stereotypes and their racist gene onto their kids, generation after generation. It's understandable that racial paranoia is common.

Now usually when non-whites venture into upper class or upscale neighborhoods, they're thinking how nice the neighborhood looks and how exciting it is and not thinking which race in predominated in the area. When whites venture into non-white neighborhoods, they're just looking at minorities in hopes of proving their stereotypical views. I swear, racism and stereotypes have got to be a genetic trait.
I thought you didn't like stereotypes, generalizations and racism?

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
You're creative writing assignment is worthy of no more than an F. Sorry.

6,902 posts, read 7,540,716 times
Quote:

OR....They could have gotten lost OR maybe was actually visiting...

I find your last line laughable considering....

Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I thought you didn't like stereotypes, generalizations and racism?
I don't go out of my way to stereotype everyone. But if one group gets stereotypical, I get stereotypical back.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:45 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Ummm....did you follow the car around? How do you know what their motivations for being in the "black neighborhood" were. Is it illegal for white persons to drive through this particular neighborhood? Why are you projecting what you think the reasoning behind their "tour" upon to them? Until you can answer any of these questions, your reasoning such as it is - falls very flat.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Ummm....did you follow the car around? How do you know what their motivations for being in the "black neighborhood" were. Is it illegal for white persons to drive through this particular neighborhood? Why are you projecting what you think the reasoning behind their "tour" upon to them? Until you can answer any of these questions, your reasoning such as it is - falls very flat.
No, I took a different turn on my way home.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:

So...did you inherit your racism from your mothers side or your fathers?

BTW...what is a "shielded" car? EMP protection or some such thing?

Old 05-16-2012, 01:48 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
One group gets stereotypical, I get stereotypical back.
Of course by one group, you mean one family driving through a neighborhood whose intent you assumed based on your own bias.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:50 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
No, I took a different turn on my way home.
OK - so you saw the car for a moment in time - maybe at most 30 secs - and you could conclude in that short period of time that they were "touring the neighborhood, hoping to confirm their stereotypes, passing racist ideas to the next generation"?

I'm not buying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies