Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 10:30 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times

Advertisements

Inevitable conclusion. Schumer Inc. is salivating over a virtual version of the Berlin wall. Kneejerk emotional "outrage" similar to the baggage fee legislation they tried to push through.

Renounce Your Citizenship? We’ll Tax You, Then Keep You Out | Tom Woods

In before the extreme wingnut nationalists spew their emotional hate over the rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 11:27 AM

1,569 posts, read 2,045,040 times
Patriotism is emotion, it has nothing to do with logic. Well, I suppose it is logical to be a patriot when it suits your interest, but you get what I mean; as they say, patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundral.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimmerama View Post
Patriotism is emotion, it has nothing to do with logic. Well, I suppose it is logical to be a patriot when it suits your interest, but you get what I mean; as they say, patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundral.
I wasn't talking about patriotism and neither were you.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:49 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Inevitable conclusion. Schumer Inc. is salivating over a virtual version of the Berlin wall. Kneejerk emotional "outrage" similar to the baggage fee legislation they tried to push through.

In before the extreme wingnut nationalists spew their emotional hate over the rich.
If you renounce your citizenship you should leave or be thrown out, and personally I could not care less if they pay their back taxes or not they should not be allowed back here for any reason. Actions have consequences or didn't you know that.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:

Kinda silly, don't cha think....seeing as how you're the creator of the thread?

I really don't care if this guy gives back his citizenship or not. I would at least like to see him be honest about why he's doing it. To say that it has nothing to do with taxes simply comes off as dishonest. His guile and smarts served him well in America, and our tax structure certainly didn't prevent him from making millions. It's not about personal hatred for the rich, but about a guy that found America appealing enough to make millions (that he couldn't have made in his own country) and now deciding that we're not good enough to receive his tax dollars.

That said, goodbye Mr. Saverin. Have a nice life in Singapore, Brazil, or wherever.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:53 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
If you renounce your citizenship you should leave or be thrown out, and personally I could not care less if they pay their back taxes or not they should not be allowed back here for any reason. Actions have consequences or didn't you know that.
Oh, there could be special visas for those who slap the country in the face. And if it were up to me it wouldn't be cheap.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:55 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
The far left Progressives like Schumer believe all money is theirs, not yours. Our country's debt is unsustainable and the government will continue to find ways to take what it needs until there is nothing left.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:57 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
The right wing defense for a guy who couldn't care less about his American citizenship is rather amusing. He has come out and claimed that he prefer to live in Singapore. I guess, that was meant to be a message of interests to these "real Americans" amongst us.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:

The Facebook guy left the US years ago, and was a US citizen only one year while living here. I hope he ejoys his money in Singapore. It is his choice, but he might regret it one day

Old 05-17-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Kinda silly, don't cha think....seeing as how you're the creator of the thread?
Not really. Extreme nationalism is a sentiment that does not discriminate between left and right. It is merely extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies