Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 06:05 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,638,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Sorry, I don't see anything fabricated about it...
Well, if you live in West Hollywood, I guess you wouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 06:49 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,991,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Well, if you live in West Hollywood, I guess you wouldn't.
Post fail.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Be that as it may, that video rocked. Makes me want to swing a leg over the motorcycle and go exploring.
Hope your in better shape than the guy to the far side of the pic That's an American bike gang what a joke..............

Old 05-19-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Hope your in better shape than the guy to the far side of the pic That's an American bike gang what a joke..............
You're an expert?
Really?

Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
What part of "fundamentally change this nation" was unclear to the voters? This is what happens when people are not careful that for which they wish.
The liberal "diversity" campaign started back in the early nineties. I remember it well. I used to work for principal financial and they forced the company to put us all through a week long diversity course on how we are all bad and have to learn to get along with all walks of life and on and on and if Principal didn't do it they would get their tax rates jacked up by the city/state so of course they did it. Obama is just taking it up a notch so to say as these kooks have been crying and screaming for the last twenty years playing PC with everything to try and create their utopia. Sadly it is they who are the problem not the rest. We just want to be left in peace.

Old 05-19-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The liberal "diversity" campaign started back in the early nineties. I remember it well. I used to work for principal financial and they forced the company to put us all through a week long diversity course on how we are all bad and have to learn to get along with all walks of life and on and on and if Principal didn't do it they would get their tax rates jacked up by the city/state so of course they did it. Obama is just taking it up a notch so to say as these kooks have been crying and screaming for the last twenty years playing PC with everything to try and create their utopia. Sadly it is they who are the problem not the rest. We just want to be left in peace.
I'm sorry, but you failed to say just who "they" were in your post.
Who is "they"?

Old 05-20-2012, 12:25 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
They would be you and your ilk.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:29 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,595,334 times
Quote:
This is manufactured "individualism," and if you can't recognize it, well what can I say.

BTW, the left loves diversity as long as it's their brand.
So Cajuns and "Georgia crackers" on the beach are part of the "left"?

Old 05-20-2012, 01:32 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times
What a bunch of nonsense.

Just more Obama-bashing "spin" from a right-wing source.

BTW, gay people are part of the fabric of American life and society ... what is so hard to understand about that?

Old 05-20-2012, 01:46 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,829 times
Quote:
The "...Obama...administration is the first to openly advertise homosexuality around the globe as an “American ideal.” The Blaze has uncovered documents that show how central gay rights themes have been to the administration and how they are being used by the administration to propagate a rebranding of America and its values."

"Two years ago, the Travel Promotion Act of 2010 established the Corporation for Travel Promotion, or Brand USA. This “public-private entity“ was tasked with ”rekindling the world’s love affair with the USA – the place, the spirit, and the dream,” according to Brand USA’s CEO Jim Evans. Brand USA is... governed by an 11-member board of directors appointed by Obama’s Secretary of Commerce."

"Brand USA has recently come out with a series of ads, playing now in the UK, Japan and Canada...The ads are intended to ”open up some minds as to what America really is,” according to...a Brand USA spokesperson."

"But the new ads, titled “Land of Dreams,” deviate alarmingly from the patriotic baseball, apple pie and picket fence vision of “traditional” America. In fact, the only cowboy featured in the ad is…raking a beach?"

White House Portrays America Oversees With Gay Couple and Hindu Festival | John Connor | Video | TheBlaze.com

So, what do you think? Does this truly represent America? Should the White House be deciding for us what "America really is?" and spreading that image around the world? In whose image is this "recreation of America?"
Have you ever travelled around your own country? (or outside of it)

As an Australian, I've visited the US 6 times and I love the diversity.

I wouldn't be at all interested in seeing the suburbs of some all-white, all-straight, all-Christian-conservative small town with everyone going to church on Sunday and eating apple pie afterwards.

It must be difficult being a xenophobe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies