Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 10:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I am sure that you will never have an inkling of the fact that that great President you like so well is involved very heavily in the attempts to kill the Constitution of the US and that the removal of the 10th Amendment would be more important to the people wanting this than any other amendment. Of course, you never read any of my links and will remain ignorant of how the problem of water for Tombstone is so heavily related to what they want to do to us.

Hey, thanks for not reading my links. Too many of them are aimed at educating people like you in what is going on so make sure you keep that left leaning brain of your from knowing what is coming.
I see no evidence "that great President you like" has attempted to kill the Constitution or removal of the 10th Amendment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I see no evidence "that great President you like" has attempted to kill the Constitution or removal of the 10th Amendment.
Like i said earlier, these guys are just trying to find reasons to make a thread over nothing. I live right down the road from Tombstone, and it's not even a story down here. Some right winger ran across this story and is trying to blow it up into a national issue.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:29 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

Hey, thanks for not reading my links. Too many of them are aimed at .....
.... right wing lunacy that even a blind man could see.

From an article describing the Tenth Amendment -

The American Civil War made it clear that this wasn't a workable system, so the Fourteenth Amendment extended the Bill of Rights and made it applicable to both state and federal law. For this reason, the Tenth Amendment, while still relevant, no longer holds as much power as it once did.

Also from the same article ... I found it interesting that a right winger is overly concerned with the tenth. Always the race stuff with you guys, huh?

The last major Tenth Amendment battle took place as the result of 1960s civil rights legislation, which attempted to enforce the Fourteenth Amendment against Southern states that continued to impose second-class citizenship on black residents. Subsequently, most references to "state's rights" in the common political vernacular are actually veiled references to segregation--unfortunate, given that the question of federal vs. state's rights is a legitimate issue that the Supreme Court has been attempting to resolve for two centuries.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:40 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Like i said earlier, these guys are just trying to find reasons to make a thread over nothing. I live right down the road from Tombstone, and it's not even a story down here. Some right winger ran across this story and is trying to blow it up into a national issue.
Well, I'd believe someone near Tombstone before someone else.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:40 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,706,185 times
The OP doesn't even live in Arizona! We need a "Points and Laughs" emoticon. This is just a right-winger looking for a reason to be indignant. Makes me sleepy.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:48 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
In the local paper, the Sierra Vista Herald, which is my town paper and the largest paper in Cochise County (where Tombstone is also located), this was the last story ran...back on April 8th. It's far more balanced than the rest of this hogwash that Roy is talking about. BTW...it isn't a left wing rag, nor is this a left leaning area by a long shot.

Tombstone lawsuit focuses on state

Old 05-19-2012, 12:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,258,566 times
Quote:
You also failed to read my link so how could you see what I said.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
.... right wing lunacy that even a blind man could see.

From an article describing the Tenth Amendment -

The American Civil War made it clear that this wasn't a workable system, so the Fourteenth Amendment extended the Bill of Rights and made it applicable to both state and federal law. For this reason, the Tenth Amendment, while still relevant, no longer holds as much power as it once did.

Also from the same article ... I found it interesting that a right winger is overly concerned with the tenth. Always the race stuff with you guys, huh?

The last major Tenth Amendment battle took place as the result of 1960s civil rights legislation, which attempted to enforce the Fourteenth Amendment against Southern states that continued to impose second-class citizenship on black residents. Subsequently, most references to "state's rights" in the common political vernacular are actually veiled references to segregation--unfortunate, given that the question of federal vs. state's rights is a legitimate issue that the Supreme Court has been attempting to resolve for two centuries.
Race stuff from the 10th Amendment and you like the 14th Amendment so well? I think you may not know what either of these Amendments says.

I didn't know that the Supreme Court had been worrying about the 14th Amendment for over 2 centuries. I also didn't know that since the 1960s that those who care about the 10th Amendment were all racists and worried about rights for blacks or other minorities. The 10th may have been used by some back then but since the Civil Rights Acts period I just haven't heard that part argued by anybody. Oh well, I don't know where your source is so maybe I just am talking at myself.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Especially a Democrat from near Tombstone. Right?

Old 05-19-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
In the local paper, the Sierra Vista Herald, which is my town paper and the largest paper in Cochise County (where Tombstone is also located), this was the last story ran...back on April 8th. It's far more balanced than the rest of this hogwash that Roy is talking about. BTW...it isn't a left wing rag, nor is this a left leaning area by a long shot.

Tombstone lawsuit focuses on state
Very interesting article. I saw much in the first 2/3 of it that supported everything the Godfather and I have been saying and even in some of the answers from "defendant'' I saw some of same.

I wonder if Tombstone could get along on 3 of those 25 springs since they aren't allowed to dig down to the line where the 12' of coverage by mud is.

I wonder if it could have been someone at the DOI that dug up the nearly 50 year old law that was obviously supported before passage by the Sierra Club and some of the other tree huggers who are holding us back on so many things these days. I won't spend the time to look that up but I do know how much "damage" tree huggers have done to us in the very recent past.

Thanks for the article. I was beginning to wonder if there was anything concerning the 10th Amendment in this deal although I know what it says about who has what governmental powers. Of course, this Amendment is more in the way of the federal government than even Amendment 2 since I don't think many gun owners will turn in their guns when the 2nd Amendment is cut down by the left leaners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies