Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 11:32 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Divorce rate trends

Ohh gee, look at that. The ******* agenda has led to a breakdown in marriages and now the ******* agenda wants us to believe their agenda, this time, is genuine, pure and moral.
First of all, your post is ignorant and ridiculous at its core. Anyone that uses the term "*******" is more than a bit immature and short on intelligent things to say, but I'll look past that for now. How does anyone else's marriage affect yours or anyone else's? This is not a rhetorical question.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:38 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
First of all, your post is ignorant and ridiculous at its core. Anyone that uses the term "*******" is more than a bit immature and short on intelligent things to say, but I'll look past that for now. How does anyone else's marriage affect yours or anyone else's? This is not a rhetorical question.
It wouldn't affect me or anyone else except for the fact that homosexual couples are requiring marriages to be given to them so that they can be subsidized. Therein lies who, what, when, why and how it affects me and everyone else. You want me to pay for something? Fine, but then I get to dictate every single part of what you're asking me to pay for. If you want to take subsidizing marriages out of the equation that's fine too but then you'll have to explain how you're going to fund your welfare state.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:40 AM

180 posts, read 475,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSoul View Post
Society's well being depends on the basic unit of society: family, which is based on marriage between a man and a woman.
Legal marriage is primarily for the benefit of society, especially the future of society: CHILDREN.
Children are created by a man and a woman.
Studies and common sense, show that children also thrive best by being raised by the 2 opposite sexes that created them (nature is wise).
Gay marriage denies the right for a child to have both a mother and father, & basically states, "Mothers aren't really important - 2 dads are ok, or Fathers aren't really important - 2 moms are ok." When this false!"
Well first of all that was a very long post. I didn't even finish it. But anyway, I'm pretty sure anyone can agree that marriage between a man and a woman doesn't have the same meaning it once did. Nowadays it's more about the festivities. But let me run some facts to speed this up:

Family: I was raised by a single parent and turned out perfect. In my opinion we were a family. We took vacations and everything.

Legal marriage: How does it benefit society. I'm pretty sure the people in my neighborhood are married, however they have no affect on what I do with my life. I was living before i moved here and I'm going to be doing the same when I leave.

Children: Trust me, these women who are having children 5 and 6 at a time are not raising quality children, knowing damn well they can barely feed themselves as a parent.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:44 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurban View Post
Family: I was raised by a single parent and turned out perfect.
A bit of an egotist ain't ya.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:46 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
And this is the typical liberal response. You really need to find a country to support your fascist agenda.
Looks like you found a state to support yours.

It's really not a shock that your location says "Mississippi".

Old 05-20-2012, 11:51 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Marriage in the US is between ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN.
Can you please show me where in the Constitution it says so.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:58 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Yes, marriage should only be between two sexes, not the same. It's pretty irritating that more and more people are supporting and endorsing sin.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:04 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,224,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Obviously, you haven't really given this much thought.

Using your standard brother and sisters could marry along with parents and children, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews.

And why do they have to love each other?

Will couples be tested to verify their love for one another?

You placed a limit of two persons who may marry but made no effort to explain why two was the correct number, assuming a limit were needed.

Two people are needed for sexual reproduction.

The two-person limit has nothing to do with homosexuals who cannot sexually reproduce.

If you are going to model homosexual unions after heterosexual ones, please don't insult our intelligence by imposing a limit of two persons as though reasoning applied (e.g., two people are needed for sexual reproduction).
The only person insulting your intelligence is you.

In this country, polygamy is frowned upon hence the "two person" reference.

Relatives marrying? It does happen but that's not part of what we're discussing here. That's just a stupid attempt to steer the debate away from the original point. Read your bible dear, it happened a lot in there.

At least TRY to come up with a valid, reality based argument.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 PM

136 posts, read 141,875 times
100 page thread in 3........2.........1.......

Old 05-20-2012, 12:07 PM

180 posts, read 475,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
A bit of an egotist ain't ya.
If having my own place and a nice job who was raised to be respectful and independent is what you call an egotist, then yes I am. What am I supposed to be, a bum strung out on drugs. I don't get your comment. What it was supposed to come off as was that single parent families turn out great just like a married couple family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies