Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 06:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

The last post was excessively cold even by my standards.

About time we concentrated on rehab and treatment instead of subsudizing the smugglers. Legalize and tax is a better idea then destroying the nation with cruel laws and erratic enforcment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Good for him, another reason to vote fo the Man.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:17 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
So if the gang wars are resulting in the shooting of people, Obama says we should just open more emergency rooms - is the problem solved now?

I'm sure there is a new federal agency, more federal spending, more bureaucrats and more federal power and jurisdiction involved at the end of all this. I say this because the answer to everything in Obamaville is to expand the size, reach and power of the federal government.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,162,957 times
Do you people realize that it costs more to keep someone in prison than to send them to college. We are sending people to jail with rapists and murderers for 5 years because they had an ounce of weed? Our tax dollars have to house and feed these people, offer them healthcare, dental, etc... Would it be better just to have them check into a rehabilitation facility for a short stint instead of the billions we are spending now. I am talking purely about drug users and not drug dealers.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:37 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Let's see in grade school we educate our children about how drugs ruin our lives. We teach and teach and teach and yet we still have idiots who think they are immune to addictions. Yes of course we should waste money on such individuals. yes we should hold their hands and tell them it really wasn't their fault. heroine??? Who knew right? Crack sure it's illegal but who would have guessed that you can actually get addicted to it?
Self inflicted...... I have no sympathy for such.
I honestly think a big part of the problem is that we tell kids that the biggest, most popular drug of all, marijuana, is a horrible toxin that will turn you into a mouthbreathing knuckledragging moron. Then eventually lil' Johnny Punk gets some from his brother, smokes it, realizes it just makes you a little silly for a few hours, and then starts questioning how dangerous weed and other drugs really are.

Hell my parents always told me weed will make you a borderline retard. I've smoked it maybe 5 times... still getting great grades in college. One of my roommates used to smoke it a lot and she got great grades as a biochemistry major and now works for the feds.

Meth, heroin, crack? Awful ****, stay away from it. Cocaine? Pretty terrible but in all honesty it's not as bad as those three. Weed? Safer than alcohol. Start teaching kids the truth.

I sincerely believe that the War on Drugs is one of the absolute worst things that has ever happened to this country.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
So the solution is to throw people in jail because they get high?

Is this your idea of liberty?
The solution is to not waste 1 cent of tax payer money trying get them to understand that drugs are bad. In other words put them and the dealers down.

Old 05-23-2012, 07:54 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
end the drug war and let individuals seek out their own solutions for treatment (or not)

Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
A true libertarian isn't going to want another huge welfare handout program that robs taxpayers of money to provide free rehabs to those who made their choice to use drugs.

At the very least, let the addicts suffer the consequences of their poor choices and pay their own way through rehab. Or let them die. No more free hospital stay when they overdose, if they don't have insurance or their insurance doesn't pay for drug overdoses, too bad.

Also no more SSI, food stamps, Medicaid or any government handouts to the idiots that make a choice to lay around using drugs.
Well said.... Maybe just maybe society will be better if we eliminate these idiots from the gene pool..

Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The solution is to not waste 1 cent of tax payer money trying get them to understand that drugs are bad. In other words put them and the dealers down.
You have no problem with government waste, as long as it's for punishing them, which in theory is an attempt to try to get them to understand that drugs are bad.

You just don't want to spend money on health care or treatment, but spend all the money on cops and prisons going after drug users.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
You have no problem with government waste, as long as it's for punishing them, which in theory is an attempt to try to get them to understand that drugs are bad.

You just don't want to spend money on health care or treatment, but spend all the money on cops and prisons going after drug users.
Wow I said all that? Let look at my post.
No never talked about gov waste. In fact I have in other posts. I am hard core against ear marks and pork spending of any kind.
Prisons. Had a chance to be a guard and turned down that civil service job. If I had my way we would put down all violent criminals like the rabid dogs that they are.
Drug users and dealers often one and the same. As malamute said if they can't pay for their own drug rehab then let nature take its course. If the cops catch you buying it should be a bus ride to the nearest vet to put you down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies