Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 08:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The solution is to not waste 1 cent of tax payer money trying get them to understand that drugs are bad. In other words put them and the dealers down.
Really? Put them down for using a drug, I asume to include the drug alcohol in that scenerio. So if your daughter or son were to use a drug they should be "put down" hmmmmm, not a Christain I take it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 08:09 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,292,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Wow I said all that? Let look at my post.
No never talked about gov waste. In fact I have in other posts. I am hard core against ear marks and pork spending of any kind.
Prisons. Had a chance to be a guard and turned down that civil service job. If I had my way we would put down all violent criminals like the rabid dogs that they are.
Drug users and dealers often one and the same. As malamute said if they can't pay for their own drug rehab then let nature take its course. If the cops catch you buying it should be a bus ride to the nearest vet to put you down.
War on drugs = huge government waste, but that's ok in your eyes

Since when is the war on drugs letting nature take it's course??? Nature taking it's course would be to de-criminalize drugs, which is what the thread is about, but it's clear you are against it, all in the name of liberty!!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 08:59 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
It's about time.
Just one more reason I support him. He keeps coming out with things I've thought should be happening! Praise God for President Obama.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:

I can agree with this. The war on drugs is a massive failure. The prohibition of marijuana should be immediately repealed!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Partly because many Americans support the war on drugs

I call these Americans freedom loving libertarians.

Most libertarians don't support the war on drugs. I'm more or less a libertarian, and I certainly don't support it. I'd rather try to find a way to help an addict, than lock them up, and give them a permanent record. Obviously we can't save everyone, and it takes some effort from the user, but still, I'm willing to try. Now if you rob, cheat, or assault someone to get your fix, then I'm all for incarceration, because now it becomes violent in nature.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Really? Put them down for using a drug, I asume to include the drug alcohol in that scenerio. So if your daughter or son were to use a drug they should be "put down" hmmmmm, not a Christain I take it.

Casper. I'm curious? Weren't you in LE? If so, how did you handle someone when you found weed on them?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:50 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
About freaking time. Now I would like to see some action and not just talk...
Yep!!!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
I honestly think a big part of the problem is that we tell kids that the biggest, most popular drug of all, marijuana, is a horrible toxin that will turn you into a mouthbreathing knuckledragging moron. Then eventually lil' Johnny Punk gets some from his brother, smokes it, realizes it just makes you a little silly for a few hours, and then starts questioning how dangerous weed and other drugs really are.

Hell my parents always told me weed will make you a borderline retard. I've smoked it maybe 5 times... still getting great grades in college. One of my roommates used to smoke it a lot and she got great grades as a biochemistry major and now works for the feds.

Meth, heroin, crack? Awful ****, stay away from it. Cocaine? Pretty terrible but in all honesty it's not as bad as those three. Weed? Safer than alcohol. Start teaching kids the truth.

I sincerely believe that the War on Drugs is one of the absolute worst things that has ever happened to this country.

I had to rep you on this one. You're absolutely right. The propaganda against marijuana is ludicrous at best! The other s*** that you mentioned, can and will in fact kill you!

Old 05-23-2012, 09:53 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Its about time the Obama administration does something I can support. Lets see how long it takes before they propose legislation. Anyone want to bet they dont?

Old 05-23-2012, 09:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Arent you one of the biggest critics of Rush because he used a drug?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies