Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2012, 01:27 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,331,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
By 9 points, that is - 50%-41%. Stunning.

"Pro-Choice" Americans at Record-Low 41%

Oh dear, this is NOT good for the abortionists and their supporters...not good at all.

How did this happen? Could it be all those RED states requiring ultrasounds and alternatives to abortions?

By 51%-38%, Americans find abortion morally wrong.

Not really, it could mean that many people do not have an opinion or where did they do their polling. If they did alot of it in the southern states you would get the same results if you did it in large urban areas the results would be totally different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 01:34 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,385,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
If you'll read the link, it shows that 80% of people posted still think abortions should be legal. Just because someone doesn't like them, doesn't mean they think they should be outlawed.

I hate abortions, so I would never get one. But I'm not making decisions for others either.

Prolife is a relative term. It doesn't mean you are for the outlawing of abortions.
I read the link, and I would have made the same point regardless of outcome. I doubt the results of telephone polls, inlcuding Gallup, because it is exceeding easy to avoid calls of unknown origin, and I think many people do just that. As a result, the randomness of any phone survey sample is suspect and renders the results questionable.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:38 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,411,735 times
Quote:
By 9 points, that is - 50%-41%. Stunning.

"Pro-Choice" Americans at Record-Low 41%

Oh dear, this is NOT good for the abortionists and their supporters...not good at all.

How did this happen? Could it be all those RED states requiring ultrasounds and alternatives to abortions?

By 51%-38%, Americans find abortion morally wrong.
Oh good. I hope that 59% are all willing to adopt at least one child. Put your money where your mouth is before you tell someone else what to do with their own body.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,206,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Most people I know who want to make abortion illegal are not pro-life by any stretch.
Fyi, SAME POLL, When asked, "Do you think abortions should be legal under any circumstances, legal only under certain circumstances, or illegal in all circumstances?"

ONLY 20% said abortion should always be illegal. I'm pro life and support the right for others to choose. And abortion should be legal.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
And the Left says loud and clear they actually want more of these mothers popping out babies for the sole purpose of obtaining even more taxpayer money."""

So you're in favor of more abortions for poor women.....sounds like the Left isn't , according to you.

"""More dependent in government slavery to vote for democrats.
Oh dear, this "poll' thingy just hasn't worked out for you.....seems most posters in here can see through the erroneous spin.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:37 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,343,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Ever have a 3 or 4 year old hear the word and ask you what it means? And you really can't make it seem good that a mommy doesn't love her baby and decides to have it killed.
I have never had a 3 or 4 year old ask me that question. And if I was asked, I would tell them to wait a few years and I would explain it to them then. Such an adult topic should not be spoken about to children until they can understand all of the variables.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:43 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,136,207 times
Default News, A record low 41 percent of Americans identify themselves as “pro-choice” on abortion

'Pro-choice' Americans found in record-low minority - Washington Times

Quote:
A record low 41 percent of Americans identify themselves as “pro-choice” on abortion, according to a poll released Wednesday, while the number of Americans who say they are “pro-life” bounced back into the majority.
The culture wars aren't over yet. Or at least not all of them...

Old 05-29-2012, 10:49 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
Everyone is prochoice, it's been demonstrated many times. The phrases "prochoice" and "prolife" have been hijacked beyond use at this point.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Everyone is prochoice, it's been demonstrated many times. The phrases "prochoice" and "prolife" have been hijacked beyond use at this point.
Pro-life = religious extremists who say crap like "Let's nuke the middle east" Yeah, that's real pro-life, carpet bombing countries. These are the same idiots who defend the guy who went on a rampage in Afghanistan and killed women and children.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:54 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,532,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post

No, not literally everyone. There's eighty year olds that would absolutely make abortion illegal if they could, for example. Also some folks that call themselves "prayer warriors," etc. that are not prochoice.

Agreed that the terms have been used, abused and now can mean different things.

The libs that claim to be prochoice....are not, often. They are hypocrites that claim to be. Heck conservs, too. A lot of folks are pro-choice till they think of something they are deadset against.

I know libs that are pro-choice and believable till you mention Immunizations and then they are not Pro-choice, but become rabid Immunization Activists, pushing the shots and spitting at anyone daring to oppose them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies