Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 07:25 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Hahahaha. Really? You're attacking Obama for his usage of figurative language?
We learned it from the left who thought Palin actually wanted to shot dems when she put "bulls eyes targets" on them.

These threads are full of the left going bananas every time a repub uses figurative speech and now the right isn't allowed to do the same thing.

Double standard much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 07:27 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
I was not aware he had any sons, only two daughters... That was news to me! And maybe Michelle too!!!
Probably you should actually start reading and watching real news, rather than the paid for advertising of the right wing media.

I watched the snippets that your chosen media played out of context, and in both cases I understood, as I think most thinking Americans would, that his reference to "my sons" was as the country's leader he looks upon all young Americans as his daughters and sons.

Have you noticed that Conservatives seem to have a challenge with abstract thinking?

Old 05-26-2012, 07:30 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
You righties can't even get your gaffes rights. He referred to the 60 states, not the 57 states.
If you are going to insult someone on the facts maybe it is YOU who need to check YOUR facts first.

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube

How does that crow taste?

Old 05-26-2012, 07:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL

Post of the day! But probably not in the way the poster intended.

Too funny. LOL
You really don't get it DO YOU!!
The way President Obama said "my son's" was ridiculous and what's even more ridiculous is the way you and other's are trying to explain away his "my son's" comment........he could have and should have worded it differently. After all it's people like you that criticize anyone that would make the same mistake (ya right) if President Bush had said this you would've been all over it.

He's so well spoken how could he have said this. Maybe, he needs a new Teleprompter.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:46 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
You really don't get it DO YOU!!
The way President Obama said "my son's" was ridiculous and what's even more ridiculous is the way you and other's are trying to explain away his "my son's" comment........he could have and should have worded it differently. After all it's people like you that criticize anyone that would make the same mistake (ya right) if President Bush had said this you would've been all over it.

He's so well spoken how could he have said this. Maybe, he needs a new Teleprompter.
It's rather comical to watch the lefties try and explain away this presidential faux pas the way they have. Why can't they just admit he was reading from a teleprompter and read what was there without thinking?

As for Obama thinking about all young people as his own children......now that's a scary thought.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
59. He'd been to 57 with 2 to go.

For someone the left touts as being so smart, he sure is one dumb bunny.
Yeah some how now we have 60 states, that's what President Obama really meant.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You changed the word "person" to "Obama" in my original post. If you don't fix it immediately, I'm reporting you. It is against the rules to quote someone and edit a word in her post to change the meaning. Please remove the quote.
Can't be fixed.........your like the 10th person I've seen on here this week threatening to report others.

Did you people do this in school also........... I thought I was debating adults, not whinny children. Didn't your mother teach you to not be a tattle-tale.

Old 05-26-2012, 07:56 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
If you are going to insult someone on the facts maybe it is YOU who need to check YOUR facts first.

Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States - YouTube

How does that crow taste?
No crow whatsoever. If you listen again, he refers to 60 states, just like I said.

Old 05-26-2012, 08:04 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,578,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Man, talk about a baited story. They've even got a solicitation for donations at the bottom of the article.
I spit out my orange juice at that part

That 'reporter' has nothing better to do. jeez

Old 05-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Whoa! Good catch! I had to go back and see what you were referring to and I find it funny that the poster left the 'a' in front of Obama - the 'a' that you had in front of "person."

What's an "a Obama?"

She can't even misquote you without messing it up. LMAO
Be careful you sound a little to excited............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies