Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 06:15 PM

679 posts, read 661,003 times

Advertisements

Since everyone is on the page of bashing their opposing views to hell and back lets have a thread where you bash things that are normally associated with your political views. I'll start:

1. I am expected to always support democratic statements and people gloat to me as if I care about a mishap in the democratic party

2. Big labor that is associated with the left wing ideology and the fact labor bosses are in it for themselves and provide little benefit for workers this day

3. The race card and affirmative action

4. People who want quality social services but complain about increases in taxes

5. Armchair activism

6. A blatant ignorance of how international politics work that is almost as great as their right wing counter-parts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
You are setting yourself up, big time. I participated in one such thread once; the RWs will come on and trounce you. OTOH, they will never reveal any such feelings of their own. Only at the kitchen table with good friends will I discuss these issues again.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:22 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,529,862 times
Gee, Katiana, I guess when Mama said I was one in a million, she was not exaggerating.

I DO, even here at CD criticize things associated with my own ideologies, be it Bush, his patriot acts, the extended war in Afghanistan or religious things.

Not all of us will go after the OP. I didn't get to see what you saw of another thread like this, though. I have no reason to doubt your honesty in that it happened.

I was, right before reading your post getting ready to start trouncing some things from my own orbit.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:25 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are setting yourself up, big time. I participated in one such thread once; the RWs will come on and trounce you. OTOH, they will never reveal any such feelings of their own. Only at the kitchen table with good friends will I discuss these issues again.
Ummm...I'm not sure if you consider me a "RW" but I'll bite...

1) I don't like a lot of the religiously-motivated stuff some Republicans try and push.

2) I feel like a lot of the extreme RWs are full of hatred towards certain groups (though I see a lot of this in extreme LWs as well).

3) I feel like a lot of the extreme RWs lack compassion and concern for others.

4) I feel like a lot of the extreme RWs are naive and don't really look at the big picture (though I see a lot of this in extreme LWs as well).

5) I am no more OK with Republicans going on spending binges than with Democrats going on spending binges.

6) I feel like a lot of RWs have a blatant ignorance of how international politics work that is almost as great as their LW counterparts.

(#6 was meant to be funny. I had to throw it in since OP couldn't resist either.)

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-27-2012 at 10:43 PM..

Old 05-27-2012, 10:27 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
The current welfare system will be our ruin.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
Only thing that bothers me in the Democratic Party coalition is Limousine liberals who tell the rest of us how we should live when we do not have the same means as they do. I still find every type of Republican more irritating.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
The current welfare system will be our ruin.
We agree on some things.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:44 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,198,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
Since everyone is on the page of bashing their opposing views to hell and back lets have a thread where you bash things that are normally associated with your political views. I'll start:

1. I am expected to always support democratic statements and people gloat to me as if I care about a mishap in the democratic party

2. Big labor that is associated with the left wing ideology and the fact labor bosses are in it for themselves and provide little benefit for workers this day

3. The race card and affirmative action

4. People who want quality social services but complain about increases in taxes

5. Armchair activism

6. A blatant ignorance of how international politics work that is almost as great as their right wing counter-parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Ummm...I'm not sure if you consider me a "RW" but I'll bite...

1) I don't like a lot of the religiously-motivated stuff some Republicans try and push.

2) I feel like a lot of the extreme RWs are full of hatred towards certain groups (though I see a lot of this in extreme LWs as well).

3) I feel like a lot of the extreme RWs lack compassion and concern for others.

4) I feel like a lot of the extreme RWs are naive and don't really look at the big picture (though I see a lot of this in extreme LWs as well).

5) I feel like alot of RWs have a blatant ignorance of how international politics work that is almost as great as their LW counterparts.

(#5 was meant to be funny. I had to throw it in since OP couldn't resist either.)
1. I hate that people even minorly associated with "the right" are almost always associated with loony religious fundamentalists. I'm agnostic at best, atheist at the worst (with some mild curiosity in paganism)

2. I hate that they say less government and more freedom when in reality a lot of them are trying to regulate things like gay marriage and recreational drug use (I support the rights of all people to love and commit to whomever they want, and I support legalization of marijuana) as if they what's good for everyone. (Dems do this too)

3. I feel like a lot of right wingers have no interest in world history or customs, particularly those which are currently the hot topics of discussion (Israel, Iran, China, etc.) These customs and histories often affect modern world politics.

4. Complaining that we need to cut the budget but insisting that taxes are too high and need to be cut (I think they're fine where they're at, and that as long as we are in debt taxes should not be lowered any more. Once we're out of debt and reign in government spending and reduce the size of gov't taxes should be cut.)

5. I hate that I'm associated with being hateful towards anyone. I try to judge people on an individual level when possible, but of course there are things like "guilt by association" and stereotypes and such... much to the detriment of American society, and humanity at large. Don't think anything can be done about that, though.

FWIW I'm 21, I support gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, reigning in government spending and waste, getting money out of politics, stopping Congressional insider trading, reducing the goverment's size where possible, isolationism (or at least a policy of not intervening in another country's affairs unless directly asked or unless a coalition of governments is involved), second amendment rights (firearm ownership and carrying concealed weapons for personal protection), knife rights (some of the regulations on knives are retarded), etc. I'm a Republican in name only, I'm really more of a moderate/centrist that leans towards libertarianism, but I accept that government is a necessary evil.

Old 05-28-2012, 01:20 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,209,541 times
I have a limited pro-choice stance on abortion.

I'm OK with gay marriage should it ever go nationwide.

I would like to see a cap on the amount of welfare a family gets per child and would offer free tubal ligations to limit number of children born into welfare families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies