Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 06:58 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,116,065 times

Advertisements

Why is the CBO info positive and used by the regime when the news is positive for him, but it's BS when it's negative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 08:16 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,199,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Provide any data to prove that? Nothing like a drive by post by yet another emotional partisan neophyte. I can pick out most of your opinions by looking at the Republican talking points du jour.

Basically the same thing that your bum buddies in the Republican party either did or were proposing to do. The OP was being a partisan whiner and presenting things in a biased one sided manner. I'd do the same thing if I were emotionally attached to one party and didn't want to own up to my votes causing the Great Recession.

This forum is sadly, replete with a bunch of overly emotional people who are given their opinions daily by right wing blogs. It's sort of sad.
Sometimes I think you post just to hear yourself type. Something about your posts makes you feel good.....but I don't think any of us on the forum have figured out what that is exactly. Feel free to spell it out for us. I"m sure i'm not the only one who doesn't see your point.

I get the impression that you're about 22 years old....max. It sort of reminds me of Urkel with a political twist. Seriously....what in the world should any of us take away from these posts that you're infamous for? <shrugs>

Old 05-30-2012, 08:34 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,427,897 times
$400,000 went to upgrade a small DC park, which was summarily trampled over and ruined by OWS'ers.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...on-square.html

Quote:
McPherson Square in Washington, D.C., received more than $400,000 in upgrades as part of President Obama's stimulus program including replanting grass and landscaping—much of which was damaged or destroyed when the Department of Interior (DOI) permitted illegal camping in the park for the recent "Occupy" protests
I quess that was 'extra-stimulative' because repairing the damage must have created more jobs.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:19 AM

26,723 posts, read 15,282,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Wasn't the money given to the states to distribute?
Some of the money was given to the states to give out.

Don't you love how when the stimulus is seen as a positiver thing the Democrats put it all on Obama the Magnificent. When it is a problem they quickly shift the blame elsewhere.

I just wish that Obama would have been honest and followed his campaign promise of transparency and time to debate bills. That certainly could have made Obama more accountable to what the money was going towards. Then Obama wouldn't have been able to act like a drunken sailor throwing money every which way.

Like throwing more government money at Murtha Airport to make a longer run way for bigger planes, they average 3 flights a day with 19 total passengers.

Old 05-31-2012, 04:21 AM

26,723 posts, read 15,282,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
$400,000 went to upgrade a small DC park, which was summarily trampled over and ruined by OWS'ers.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...on-square.html

I quess that was 'extra-stimulative' because repairing the damage must have created more jobs.
That is okay, OWS types are part of the 47% of households that don't pay federal income taxes. It wasn't their money they wasted!

Old 05-31-2012, 06:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,373,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Sometimes I think you post just to hear yourself type. Something about your posts makes you feel good.....but I don't think any of us on the forum have figured out what that is exactly. Feel free to spell it out for us. I"m sure i'm not the only one who doesn't see your point.

I get the impression that you're about 22 years old....max. It sort of reminds me of Urkel with a political twist. Seriously....what in the world should any of us take away from these posts that you're infamous for? <shrugs>
I'd also like to hear it's version of how the GOP caused the recession.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:41 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,920,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You just lost an argument
You wish... having not made any. A good start would be to show me the math using that CBO report presented. Got the ability? Or, just talk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies