Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 08:35 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times

Advertisements

Over 300 Mormons Join Utah Gay Pride Parade - ABC News

It's about time. 300 is a drop in the bucket, but I'm sure that it meant something to the Salt Laker gays and lesbians that were in attendance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 08:53 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,464,090 times
Are you going to stop the Mormon bashing now?

Anyway...I'm glad you posted this. It's good to see that you can actually see some Mormons in a positive light.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:55 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Are you going to stop the Mormon bashing now?

Anyway...I'm glad you posted this.
As long as Mormons are major donors to anti-marriage and anti-civil union proposals, they're fair game to those of us who support freedom and liberty. Yes, they have a right to donate and voice their opinions, but so do we.

In other words, when Mormons stop bashing those who don't agree with them, we'll stop bashing Mormons.

If they really want to change our minds, they could start donating to campaigns that support marriage freedom.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 06-03-2012 at 10:06 PM..

Old 06-03-2012, 10:35 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
As long as Mormons are major donors to anti-marriage and anti-civil union proposals, they're fair game to those of us who support freedom and liberty. Yes, they have a right to donate and voice their opinions, but so do we.

In other words, when Mormons stop bashing those who don't agree with them, we'll stop bashing Mormons.
As a Mormon who has absolutely no problem with same-sex marriage, I've just got to say that your painting 14.5 million people with the same brush is not helping the situation one bit.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:41 PM

99 posts, read 68,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
As a Mormon who has absolutely no problem with same-sex marriage, I've just got to say that your painting 14.5 million people with the same brush is not helping the situation one bit.
If the religion was never really against it, then you would not see such broad brush strokes. But since they were one of the biggest backers in Prop 8, then i have no prob with what he says.

Get YOUR religion in ORDER (this is not directed at you). You are either for or against.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings_Hockey View Post
Get YOUR religion in ORDER (this is not directed at you). You are either for or against.
I wish people who are not LDS could understand that it is impossible for lay members of the Church to "get our religion in order." All we can do is what the 300 people who marched in this parade did. Had I known about the parade beforehand, I'd have been there. Next year, I will be. I'm just saying that the lay members of the Church are not responsible for the policies our leaders make. And so yes, some of us are "for" and others of us are "against." We're individuals, just like you.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:24 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Then I hope that your hate-free butt was out there marching with the rest of the 300.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
I understand that. But what you're saying reminds me a lot of the Republican Party on this issue. Individual Republicans will say they're not anti-gay, but when it comes to anti-gay legislation, they support it, do nothing, or they have so little power, their opinion doesn't matter.

Old 06-04-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Then I hope that your hate-free butt was out there marching with the rest of the 300.
My hate-free butt? Why would you talk to me like that, wehotex?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Over 300 Mormons Join Utah Gay Pride Parade - ABC News

It's about time. 300 is a drop in the bucket, but I'm sure that it meant something to the Salt Laker gays and lesbians that were in attendance.
LOL. They'll do anything get gays to support Mitt Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies