Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
You can guess all you want. Obama has put together the plan that will get us out. What you'll never admit is that we should have been out of there in 2005. Instead, you waste your energy in trying to shift the blame for Bush's war to his successor. You Bush apologists are endlessly amusing, though.
We could have been out a long time ago, but it's nothing but being an apologist for not holding Obama to that same standard also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 06:54 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,586,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We could have been out a long time ago, but it's nothing but being an apologist for not holding Obama to that same standard also.

I agree that we should be out sooner than Obama's plan calls for. I disagree that Afghanistan is Obama's war. Those making that claim are deep in the depths of hyperpartisan denial.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:03 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Obama is a simpleton- what do you expect from a community organizer who got involved with community matters just so he could be a big shot with little real regard to truly helping people.

Now that he has had a taste of grand power- He likes it. Like the twit he is - he is seduced through ego and thrilled to be able to command life and death situations. What you have now is classic- Drunk on power- a drunk and swaggering community activist who is now running with the big dogs.

I guess what they say is true- absolute power does corrupt absolutely. AND this little guy went for the evil bait like a hungry little sunfish.

Nothing worse than a wimp with a shot gun- It's similar to what I said yesterday..I am not anti-gun...I am anti-weakling with a gun. Obama is not a strong person and he is vulnerable to the worst invasive diseases brought about by power...Mission control we have a problem. The Captain was promoted past his level of skill/

Old 06-13-2012, 07:05 AM

Quote:
I agree that we should be out sooner than Obama's plan calls for. I disagree that Afghanistan is Obama's war. Those making that claim are deep in the depths of hyperpartisan denial.
Sure. It's Bush's war and both Bush and Obama are failures at ending it.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:40 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Not for the past 3.5 years is hasn't been.

Flashback: Obama's war: Deploying 17,000 raises stakes in Afghanistan - USATODAY.com
The POTUS had to take over for Bush because he didn't do his job in Afghanistan. You cannot deny that!

Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Republicans were against time tables to end wars when Bush was in office, but now they are complaining that Obama isn't ending the war fast enough? I just don't get the phony outrage. Obama ended the war in Iraq like he said he would. He promised a surge in Afgan and then a slow drawdown which is what is happening. Maybe just maybe if your boy Bush had not gone into Iraq and actually paid attention to Afgan. this crummy war would have been long over. Ever think of that?

Last edited by trlhiker; 06-13-2012 at 07:55 AM..

Old 06-13-2012, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The POTUS had to take over for Bush because he didn't do his job in Afghanistan. You cannot deny that!
So I suppose that means Romney must take over for Obama.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:47 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,565,307 times
Quote:
Please explain why your boy Bush didn't "end it in two months."

He had more than 7 years.

You can guess all you want. Obama has put together the plan that will get us out. What you'll never admit is that we should have been out of there in 2005. Instead, you waste your energy in trying to shift the blame for Bush's war to his successor. You Bush apologists are endlessly amusing, though.
tried to rep ya again but couldn't. Good post.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Obama is a simpleton- what do you expect from a community organizer who got involved with community matters just so he could be a big shot with little real regard to truly helping people.

Now that he has had a taste of grand power- He likes it. Like the twit he is - he is seduced through ego and thrilled to be able to command life and death situations. What you have now is classic- Drunk on power- a drunk and swaggering community activist who is now running with the big dogs.

I guess what they say is true- absolute power does corrupt absolutely. AND this little guy went for the evil bait like a hungry little sunfish.

Nothing worse than a wimp with a shot gun- It's similar to what I said yesterday..I am not anti-gun...I am anti-weakling with a gun. Obama is not a strong person and he is vulnerable to the worst invasive diseases brought about by power...Mission control we have a problem. The Captain was promoted past his level of skill/

"Obama is a simpleton"- First Black man to be President and became a President. That's two major accomplishments in his lifetime. You call him a simpleton. What have you accomplished in your lifetime?

Old 06-13-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So I suppose that means Romney must take over for Obama.
No it just means Romney WANTS to take over for PRESIDENT OBAMA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies