Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:58 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,134,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Well, no, it's not an "accident"--in the sense that it's also not an "accident" that a puddle of water you may see in the road is the same shape as the pothole it's filling. But it's not a miracle either.

In your opinion.

I see God's hand in it. You don't. Free will is a wonderful thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2012, 01:08 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,495,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
In your opinion.

I see God's hand in it. You don't. Free will is a wonderful thing.
Well, if there is a reasonable explanation for something without God or with God, I choose without. Occam's Razor and all that...but that really doesn't have a lot to do with the buffoon whose post I cited.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:25 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,378,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Well, seeing as evolution is a fact and Creationism has been disproven for hundreds of years, originally by Christian scientists, those who think evolution is a religion deserve mockery.
WHICH evolution do you consider to be fact? The theory I was taught (as fact) in school 40 years ago, or one of the more modern ones that has proven the older theories of evolution to be completely absurd?

Evolution is a religion. Anyone who thinks otherwise deserves mockery.

Old 06-15-2012, 01:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,792,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
WHICH evolution do you consider to be fact? The theory I was taught (as fact) in school 40 years ago, or one of the more modern ones that has proven the older theories of evolution to be completely absurd?
There is only one theory. Science continually updates, unlike Creationism. Just because certain elements of the theory may be modified, does not disprove the theory itself. Evolution is a proven fact. It's been observed both in the lab and in nature. What you guys typically understand as evolution is a strawman version used to discredit it.

Quote:
Evolution is a religion. Anyone who thinks otherwise deserves mockery.
I trust you will no longer visit a doctor, seeing as you wouldn't want his medical advice to you be based entirely on a religion which you mock.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:07 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,837,038 times
Quote:
Okay thats cool and alll but dont ever comment on my status telling me that i am wrong everrrr again. I didnt ask you did i? Anser:NO
I almost laughed out loud reading this part. gotta love Facebook and the people that populate it.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:10 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,378,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There is only one theory. Science continually updates...
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

YOU said it! Thank you for the confession.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:13 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,862,497 times
Yes. There are plenty of effing nuts of all sorts in the world.

What does this have to do with religion, the stars, or anything whatsoever?

Turn, turn, turn.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,495,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

YOU said it! Thank you for the confession.
That's not a confession. That's the whole point of science. It's what differentiates science from garbage like religion.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:23 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,853,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the author of the post the op alluded to is an idiot. twenty feet makes the difference between buring up and freezing to death? considering that the orbital distance of the earth runs between 88 and 93 million miles from the sun i doubt ten feet will make any difference what so ever.
Forget her having ANY clue about that... she is talking 10 ft... it is a good thing we humans aren't 10 ft tall, or have ladders.

Old 06-15-2012, 02:23 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,862,497 times
The moon is made of cheese.

You see this proves science is different than lactose; that is the point of science.

Milk is garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
That's not a confession. That's the whole point of science. It's what differentiates science from garbage like religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies