Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:05 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times

Advertisements

Imagine if he stabbed her up her vagina. Something comparable to what Lorena Bobbit did to her ex. Difference is that this guy won’t be seen as funny, heroic, justifiable, won’t get high fives, etc.

Violence is not the way out. Divorce sounds like the only choice here even if he ends up handing her half of his stuff (both working but him bringing more than her, if that was the case which is likely). I guess she ends up winning here. Continues having sex with her lover and leaves a marriage with money in her pocket.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:13 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
OP...you are just playing games here aren't you?

There is already a thread on this with the genders reversed. Were you hoping in the other thread that all the women would chuckle and say he deserves it?

I'm guessing you want all the women to cry out that it's evil and unwarranted and violent now that it's an attack against the female gender.

It takes a completely demented and disturbed person to do something like that to ANY individual, no matter the gender.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Imagine if he stabbed her up her vagina. Something comparable to what Lorena Bobbit did to her ex. Difference is that this guy won’t be seen as funny, heroic, justifiable, won’t get high fives, etc.

Violence is not the way out. Divorce sounds like the only choice here even if he ends up handing her half of his stuff (both working but him bringing more than her, if that was the case which is likely). I guess she ends up winning here. Continues having sex with her lover and leaves a marriage with money in her pocket.
If they are married then it's THEIR stuff and things are typically split 50/50 unless there is a pre-nup. Really, if this seems unfair then the simple solution would be to not get married.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Slash her tires!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
If they are married then it's THEIR stuff and things are typically split 50/50 unless there is a pre-nup. Really, if this seems unfair then the simple solution would be to not get married.
If both came into the marriage with similar economic backgrounds, ok, but if he was the one that brought the bigger piece of the pie then, ouch, she ends up leaving with more than what she brought plus with her new lover while he leaves without a partner and with a hit to his economy. Would sound as if she got rewarded for cheating, she wins, he loses. Rich men that marry with a prenup are not 100% guaranteed to save their money but it’s better than nothing I guess.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:32 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
OP...you are just playing games here aren't you?

There is already a thread on this with the genders reversed. Were you hoping in the other thread that all the women would chuckle and say he deserves it?

I'm guessing you want all the women to cry out that it's evil and unwarranted and violent now that it's an attack against the female gender.

It takes a completely demented and disturbed person to do something like that to ANY individual, no matter the gender.
Yep.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:36 PM

434 posts, read 684,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
I know a guy who caught his wife cheating and he poured boiling water on an area that she considered very sensitive and she is now in a great deal of pain and unable to cheat anymore.

Give me your thoughts on this. Fair? Warranted?
My feelings are that civilized people don't maim other people because other people behave poorly. With the little bit of information you gave us, I think the guy you know committed an atrocious act and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If both came into the marriage with similar economic backgrounds, ok, but if he was the one that brought the bigger piece of the pie then, ouch, she ends up leaving with more than what she brought plus with her new lover while he leaves without a partner and with a hit to his economy. Would sound as if she got rewarded for cheating, she wins, he loses. Rich men that marry with a prenup are not 100% guaranteed to save their money but it’s better than nothing I guess.
Again, a pre-nup on his part would have prevented this.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:38 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
I know a guy who caught his wife cheating and he poured boiling water on an area that she considered very sensitive and she is now in a great deal of pain and unable to cheat anymore.

Give me your thoughts on this. Fair? Warranted?
This is criminal assault. She should press charges. What's next, throwing acid in her face? Do you really need to ask this question? Is this a troll post?

btw, about the Lorena Bobbit case, she'd been sexually abused for a long time by her husband. That makes it different from this case. It doesn't justify the violence, but sustained physical trauma over time is different from cheating. Lorena should have divorced her husband.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:39 PM

Was Lorena Bobbit seen as an atrocious horrible terrible woman for doing that to a man? I am not sure if she appeared as a celebrity guest on daytime and evening talk shows, even Oprah if I remember correctly. Didn't the jury found her as not guilty by reason of insanity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is criminal assault. She should press charges. What's next, throwing acid in her face? Do you really need to ask this question? Is this a troll post?
What do you think of Lorena Bobbit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies