Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:58 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by to570717 View Post
I always wonder this with people who are so adamant that they have all the answers.......If you know how to run the Country better than all the pol's and your so much smarter than all the rest of the folks out there on the other side of your own political view.........Why aren't you rich yet?
What does rich have to do with it? There are other ways to apply brain-power than for the purpose of getting obscenely rich. This may be hard to imagine, but many people are content to have a job that's meaningful for them, allows them to make a contribution to society, and support their families. Some of the experts are university professors. Professors don't get paid a lot, but they derive a lot of satisfaction in terms of the influence they have over policy-makers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 PM

1,001 posts, read 1,990,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What does rich have to do with it? There are other ways to apply brain-power than for the purpose of getting obscenely rich. This may be hard to imagine, but many people are content to have a job that's meaningful for them, allows them to make a contribution to society, and support their families. Some of the experts are university professors. Professors don't get paid a lot, but they derive a lot of satisfaction in terms of the influence they have over policy-makers.
you did not read any of my posts on this subject......

Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Never claimed to be a genius; I do know the proper use of your and you're.
again, a simple mistake does not delegitimize the question. You have proven your expert skills.....

Old 06-18-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So in your world everybody just sits there and don't talk? I guess so. Will you have opinion police running around to make sure you have the proper ID to chime in on a certain subject? lol

There is a thing called freedom of speech and part of that is one's opinion. If you don't like it you certainly don't have to listen to it.
I am all for freedom of speech....I am not advocating we do not engage one another. I am advocating that we learn about those things we claim to be experts on.......SO, if you are going to tell me that Chris webber is an idiot for calling a timeout during the final seconds of the championship game, I, conversely must believe that you possess better skills in situations similar....If not, I can conclude you are a Charlatan...

Old 06-18-2012, 10:10 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
I always wonder this with people who are so adamant that they have all the answers.......If you know how to run the Country better than all the pol's and your so much smarter than all the rest of the folks out there on the other side of your own political view.........Why aren't you rich yet?
Because being rich doesn't have much to do with ALLOWING the economy to run itself within the free market system. It is much easier for the rich to increase their wealth by "gaming" the system.
By your admission, we have all these smart, wealthy people in Congress so the economy should be running well.
Hows that working out?

Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
I am all for freedom of speech....I am not advocating we do not engage one another. I am advocating that we learn about those things we claim to be experts on.......SO, if you are going to tell me that Chris webber is an idiot for calling a timeout during the final seconds of the championship game, I, conversely must believe that you possess better skills in situations similar....If not, I can conclude you are a Charlatan...
Why would you conclude that. Chris Webber may be able to hit a jumper bit if he's too stupid to understand the rules of the game then he will be of no use on a basketball team. What similar situation? I've never seen anyone call a timeout at the end of a ncaa champ game when the team had none other than webber. So only a person who has called a timeout at the end of a champ game when his team had none is fit to criticize him in your view. Like I said that is ridiculous.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why would you conclude that. Chris Webber may be able to hit a jumper bit if he's too stupid to understand the rules of the game then he will be of no use on a basketball team. What similar situation? I've never seen anyone call a timeout at the end of a ncaa champ game when the team had none other than webber. So only a person who has called a timeout at the end of a champ game when his team had none is fit to criticize him in your view. Like I said that is ridiculous.
Last time trying to penetrate your candy shell......A guy does not get to that level by just being able to hit a jump shot......or just being able to give a good speech....There are lots of behind the scenes things that contribute to their position in life.

You are a shining example of not caring about those "behind the scene" things and just judging based on your personal opinion. Your last few posts have totally sharpened my conclusion....thanks

Old 06-18-2012, 10:25 PM

2,729 posts, read 5,373,305 times
Quote:
Define "rich."

Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big George View Post
Define "rich."
I did earlier, but to surmise this entire thread......if you criticize US fiscal policy, I would expect you to be nothing short of a multi millionaire.....How hard can it be right?

If you criticize environmental/biological/healthcare issues, you better be quite accomplished in those feilds or at least have something to show for it.....because, again, how hard can it be...

So it goes.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:29 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Last time trying to penetrate your candy shell......A guy does not get to that level by just being able to hit a jump shot......or just being able to give a good speech....There are lots of behind the scenes things that contribute to their position in life.

You are a shining example of not caring about those "behind the scene" things and just judging based on your personal opinion. Your last few posts have totally sharpened my conclusion....thanks
Well I thought we were talking about opinions. Sorry to burst your little bubble that everybody has one and everybody is free to express their opinions especially in a place like this.......... an opinion board. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies