Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2012, 05:06 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
While I am not an Constitutional scholar I understand that Exec. privilege only covers those national security matters that the POTUS had communication on. By giving privilege to these docs is he (obama) admitting he was involved??? Wasn't this the deal with Nixon and the Watergate tapes???
That's the way I understand it.

I believe Boehner made a comment on this, too.

BamaBoy is either personally involved or knows something he doesn't want anyone else to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 05:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I want to know why all the liberals on this forum are not jumping up and down screaming bloody murder. They hold Julian Assange up as a hero but have very little to say about one of the biggest potential Presidential coverup scandals since Watergate?

Kind of hard to type when you know this isn't right.
I'm a liberal independent who supports Assange. And this infuriates me. Obama is just GW jr. He lies all the damn time. So much for transparency. He himself railed against executive orders yet look at what he pulls. Holder needs to be convicted of perjury, not just resign. No matter one's political leanings, this is inexusable and the admin needs to be held accountable.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:13 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Waiting on word from their think prog handlers on how to defend this fiasco. They had been in full ignore mode prior. Now it has blown up in their faces and don't know what to do. I'm sure after a few hours of secret meetings only one course of action can and will be taken...............blame Bush.
They'll have their spin after tonight's lineup on MSNBC.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:14 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Arming the enemy is really stupid!!!!
But you can always say "Well, I don't remember" and everything will be just fine.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:17 PM

46,305 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But you can always say "Well, I don't remember" and everything will be just fine.
Or say, naw, that letter I wrote you, I'll take that back....that letter was incorrect.....

Old 06-20-2012, 05:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Arming the enemy is really stupid!!!!
Technically, it is TREASON.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:23 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The gun-running program starts in 2006 under Bush atty general Mukasey.

No congressional concern.

Holder stops the program after the death of a Border Patrol agent.

Darrel Issa wants to charge Holder with "contempt of congress" because he has a majority vote on his committe and in the house. So, it'll probably pass.

Pure election year politics, people. That's all it is. Fits right next to all the time and BS spent going after Roger Clemons. Only to find that it was all about nothing.

[MOD CUT/off topic]
Wrong.

Come back when you get your facts correct.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:27 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Just what I thought partisan lines. We can smell your Republican agenda from a mile away... And it isn't rosy...

Quote:
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Wednesday voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress despite a last-minute intervention by President Obama.

By a vote of 23 to 17 after nearly six hours of tense discussion, the bipartisan committee voted for contempt over the Justice Department's decision to withhold documents related to Operation Fast and Furious that were subpoenaed by the committee in their investigation of the failed gunwalking operation.

[MOD CUT/copyright]
Committee votes to hold Eric Holder in contempt over Fast and Furious | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Old 06-20-2012, 05:40 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Why can't we know why the US government was giving guns to violent drug gangs?

Why won't Obama lets us find out? It seems as if there is no good reason to be giving guns to violent drug gangs.

Old 06-20-2012, 05:42 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Just what I thought partisan lines. We can smell your Republican agenda from a mile away... And it isn't rosy...

Committee votes to hold Eric Holder in contempt over Fast and Furious | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
Yes, the partisan lines are the far left Democrats and Obama-Holder. If Obama/Holder wanted the truth to be known the unclassified documents would have been released when they were subpoenaed eight months ago.

"We Were Forced to Come to this" -Rep. Kelly on Fast and Furious Contempt - YouTube

The stench is the corpse of lady justice rotting since the Obama/Holder DOJ has murdered her in her blindfold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lxeR1ESZuA&feature=plcp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies