Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Let us also acknowledge that when these drug dealers/cartel members and their drug/human traffiking surrogates make their way back North into the US that these illegally traffiked firearms by the Obama/Holder DOJ/BATFE/DEA/ICE/IRS they will be used against US citizens and law enforcement officers. It is highly likely these illegally traffiked firearms will find their way to gangs and used in more inner city violence/murders. This administration is enabling more black on black violent crime and placing the illegally obtained firearms directly into the hands of the felons.

I agree completely. Ironic that they wanted to use this to tighten our gun laws by breaking the law. Now I just hope the whole process and the devious reasoning behind it are exposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
APPENDIX C

Old 06-21-2012, 08:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Are you saying Issa and the NRA doesn't know how to obtain unclassified documents? You may need to rewind and listen to your FOX instructions on what to be upset about again.
Holder is REFUSING to give them up. Are you even following along with the discussion?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Obama called Republicans the "enemies" of Latinos - his words not mine. Funny how the enemy of Latinos want to get to the bottom of a heinous act that let violent drug gangs get assault rifles that were used to kill Mexican Civilians. While Obama, their friend, is trying to cover it up.

The violence in parts of Mexico is so awful and horrible, it is a tragedy that if our government had a part in increasing it. In cities like Juarez, kids can't play outside, people go home and lock their door, people don't have a lot of hope and want change. Obama is standing in the way of hope and change. President Obama is ignoring Candidate Obama's words on transparency.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,138,344 times
Can Obama make an executive-privilege claim stick? « Hot Air

Good article with sources showing why Obama cant win a legal argument for Executive Privilege. Im sure he knows it too, he's just trying to push off the damaging info until after the elections. He's already having a hard enough time as is given his failures and this would just compound it.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post

Good article with sources showing why Obama cant win a legal argument for Executive Privilege. Im sure he knows it too, he's just trying to push off the damaging info until after the elections. He's already having a hard enough time as is given his failures and this would just compound it.
Well, you are assuming here that Congress will bring this forward and challenge it.
Knowing this Congress and their past, I highly doubt they will move forward.

And I think Obama/Holder are banking on it.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:13 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:

I do know he has to be explicit about which documents fall under EP and why. I don't believe he has done so yet, is that correct? That's what laid the path for the Oversight Committee to hold the vote on the contempt charges. Until Obama does that, the EP is not 'official'.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:14 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:

Obama does have a track record of trying to kick the can down the road or put off tough decisions until after the election. Remember the debt issue, Obama publicly said he wanted to handle it after the election. We need a real leader in DC. Hillary vs Romney should be the November General Election.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:19 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Default Obama said bush tried 'to hide behind executive privilege'

Big surprise here...he is a hypocrite!

Old 06-21-2012, 09:20 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama does have a track record of trying to kick the can down the road or put off tough decisions until after the election. Remember the debt issue, Obama publicly said he wanted to handle it after the election. We need a real leader in DC. Hillary vs Romney should be the November General Election.
I don't like her but if that were the ticket, I would likely jump parties even though I don't have an official party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies